Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calzonesays

Byron Buxton - OF MIN

Dollars to donuts that Terry Ryan ends up trading this kid for a arm, ala Shields/Myers. Their pitching is feces and not much waiting in the wings. If not Buxton then Sano.

I think Buxton and Sano will be untouchable. Morneau, on the other hand, will be on the move.

Morneau wont bring much more than a 5th starter at this point

They wouldn't take a 5th starter anyway. There is a team that will give a solid prospect for him. Pirates are a team that make sense for him as they need a 1B.

Span and Revere were supposed to be all that and a bag of chips too, and look how that turned out. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating there in terms of the MLB expectations of the 2. I guess I just have tempered expectations when it comes to prospects, because well, Captain Obvious says they have never played MLB baseball before. Young players get so overrated, especially in fantasy circles. I just don't think it's that crazy of an idea to trade either Buxton/Sano if they can reclamate their pitching at a few levels in the process, and most importantly land a bonafide MLB SP that they can lock up. Terry Ryan is a pitching guy, but unfortunately he is more conservative than Mr. Rogers, when it comes to wheelin' n' dealin'.

Span was never considered a big prospect. Revere has only 2 plus tools.

Apples and oranges.

Yeah I was waiting for that.

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating there in terms of the MLB expectations of the 2.

Of course the Twins could trade him for pitching, but what's the point right now. Every team knows that even a successful guy at A ball with all of the tools he has could possibly flame out. If he doesn't the Twins get a Trout-like talent with a bunch of team control that could make a HUGE difference for a small market team. That possibility makes it worth the risk that he doesn't wind up being as good as it looks like he should be. The Twins aren't going to get more than a contract out of any pitcher they trade for anyway. Even if he doesn't meet expectations he should be a very solid regular.

When Buxton was promoted all I read from experts is if he can hang in high A at league average bat, he would be considered fairly special. He's batting .400 in his 7 games with a .886 OPS. So far so good on him being league average :).

Of course the Twins could trade him for pitching, but what's the point right now.

Sell-high.

That pitching ain't going to fix itself anytime soon. Worley and Diamond aren't going to front that staff. Maybe retread Pelfrey and Correia types on the FA market until these bats gain more MLB value. It's just bizarro world in Twinsland when your bats heavily outweigh your arms. My whole point was that I could see Terry Ryan doing something aggressive to close the Bill Smith era.

What would they possibly trade him for? David Price? and then watch him walk away in a few years? They can't win right now, so unless they trade him for a Bundy or Bradley type pitcher (which I don't think they will do either) Why trade him?

I traded for him and Braun in my keeper league. I am very excited for the future

What would they possibly trade him for? David Price? and then watch him walk away in a few years? They can't win right now, so unless they trade him for a Bundy or Bradley type pitcher (which I don't think they will do either) Why trade him?

I doubt they trade him. The Twins are looking at an outfield of Hicks, Arcia, and Buxton which shows plenty of promise. Trading the promise of Buxton for a Bundy/Bradley/etc doesn't make much sense.

When will Yahoo! add him back to the player list? I remember he was available during spring training, but now is not.

The Twins are looking at an outfield of Hicks, Arcia, and Buxton

Yay Denard Span, Jason Kubel, and Matt Lawton all reunited.

Matt Lawton, seriously? That dude was like a 15th round pick, nobody ever expected him to be anything extraordinary. Did Buxton steal your lunch money or somethin?

Matt Lawton, seriously? That dude was like a 15th round pick, nobody ever expected him to be anything extraordinary. Did Buxton steal your lunch money or somethin?

Actually I stole Buxton's lunch money. I confess.

Being named one of the top prospects in baseball after dominating Low-A earlier this year.

Buxton, 19, is batting .300/.354/.417 with one home run, eight RBI and three steals in 15 games since being promoted to High-A.....

Anyone know anything much about this kid? Does he have any chance of being called up this season or should we watch out for him in the next season or two to come.

He is absolutely not going to be up this season. Maybe late next year but right now a 2015 eta is realistic barring Injury

It was supposed to be Kubal, Mauer, and Morneau at the time they came up in the minors. Kubal derailed that with injuries even then.

Triple, HR and SB in last nite's game. Slow start at High A but looks like he may be coming around.

Buxton went thru a 3 for 28 slump but appears to have broken out of it with back to back 2 hit games along with a SB in each game.

4 games in a row with 2 hits. of the 8 hits he has 3 triples and 2 HRs along with 2 SBs and 4 BBs

Looks like he's made the adjustment to High A

Not much buzz in here about Buxton. I think he's on track for a start at AA in 2014 and possible mid season call up to the Twins.

Last 7 games he's hitting .400 (12 for 30) with 3 triples, 3 HR and 3 SBs

I have him in 2 keepers and am looking forward to seeing him in the bigs

More than holding his own in High-A. .365 OBP with power and steals. Definitely looking like a start at AA next year.

August #s -- hitting .400 (14 for 35) with 7 SBs

High A line up to .307 / .374 / .460 and OPS at .834