Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calzonesays

Byron Buxton - OF MIN

Uh oh he hurt his left wrist again. I hope it's not serious.

Uh oh he hurt his left wrist again. I hope it's not serious.

So do his fantasy owners and the Twins.

The Twins are pinning their future on him and Sano, and neither one of them has been able to stay healthy this year.

Probably okay, but I would not bet on a September call-up.

But I am optimistic he will get a chance to play at the MLB level in the second half of 2015, which would still be considered very fast for the Twins organization.

2015 at the earliest now. disappointing, wanted to see him develop this year. wouldn't be surprised if he gets recommended for surgery

Twins discussed bringing Buxton back to Minnesota for MRI. Could have it in Ft. Myers, too. Belief now is that injury is not severe.

Per Jeff Passan's twitter.

Wrist injuries for hitters are a big problem. Hopefully the injury doesn't lead to something more serious, or cause long-term problems.

Just in case anyone was wondering whats happening with Buxton ... next to nothing:

Twins outfield prospect Byron Buxton (wrist) remains shut down from baseball activities.

Buxton has been shut down for the last 3 1/2 weeks after aggravating his left wrist injury. While the top prospect is feeling better, the Twins want to make sure he's completely pain-free before he picks up a bat. In the meantime, Buxton will be limited to a cardio program.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Jun 4 - 8:56 AM

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Any updates on Buxton? The Milb season is approx 50% over and he has 20 ABs. Looks like a completely lost year.

At this point, once he even gets back, the little miracles are just him regaining his timing and swag at the plate . The way things are going, it's hard to even see him winning a job out of Spring Training. Forget the Majors this season. Long gone.

What's the latest news on Buxton? I can't seem to find much on what's been going with him....last I've heard was no baseball activity but that was awhile ago.

What's the latest news on Buxton? I can't seem to find much on what's been going with him....last I've heard was no baseball activity but that was awhile ago.

Same ole Same ole

Buxton still isn't able to take batting practice, but Ryan said the former No. 2 overall draft pick had progressed to dry swings and tee work in addition to taking fly balls in the outfield.

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_26027312/twins-byron-buxton-injury-rehab-progressing-ryan-says

and Here is a slightly older article that even calls into question his 2015 MLB potential

Now, even though he'll likely play winter ball or in the Arizona Fall League assuming he's healthy, an opening day 2015 role with the Twins seems like a long shot.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Byron_Buxtons_recovery_time_likely_pushes_back_his_Major_League_debut052714

Yeah, at this point he has basically no chance at making the team out of spring training. I'd say the best care scenario now is that we see him in Minnesota after the Super 2 deadline passes next year.

With a franchise like Minnesota, which promotes prospects slowly, realistically we should expect to see him September 2015 at the earliest.

However, they just promoted somebody from A+ yesturday straight to the bigs. This is good news for Buxton owners who want to see him up in July 2015.

Half of his total hits for the year over the past two nights. Here's hoping he's rounding into form.

What's his realistic ETA for good?

I think he spends the entire year in the minors in 2015, beginning the year at AA and moving to AAA sometime that summer. I'd assume once super-2 passes in 2016, or maybe even making the team out of spring training.

I think he gets every opportunity to win a job in ST. Depends how he performs there. That will give us a much better idea. To say he spends all of 2015 in the Minors is crazy to me. No doubt in my mind he's up next year at some point.