FouLLine

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

Wait, I haven't read any stat predictions for tomorrow... all this talk about this guy, you guys need to go out on a limb and call it.

No one here cares about stat predictions because no one's starting him.

We're looking to see how the Cardinals run-blocking looks, how Ryan Williams performs, if Ryan Williams fumbles again, whether or not Ryan Williams gets hurt, and finally, what William Powell does with his own share of the touches.

Wait, I haven't read any stat predictions for tomorrow... all this talk about this guy, you guys need to go out on a limb and call it.

We're looking to see how the Cardinals run-blocking looks, how Ryan Williams performs, if Ryan Williams fumbles again, whether or not Ryan Williams gets hurt, and finally, what William Powell does with his own share of the touches.

Then why does it take 17 pages for a stash-and-hope?

Powell just has so much HEART. Nobody wants to play football as badly as he does.

• Like 1

Mainly because this guy seems to be a complete mystery. Hard to find any info on him.

Mainly because this guy seems to be a complete mystery. Hard to find any info on him.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for a fantasy football stud.

Sounds like the perfect recipe for a fantasy football stud sleeper.

Does to me.

Edited by Robrain

I don't doubt that Bill Powell is going to be a fantasy football legend. One way or another

Wait...isn't he the backup RB for NYJ? O I C wut u did thar...

Anyway, he gets touches from mid-3rd quarter onward tomorrow after a Ryan Williams injury after a fumble. 7 touches for 33 yards.

One factual difference between Foster and Powell is that Foster is over 20 lbs heavier and 4 inches taller.

the comparison isnt size/body type or style of play. the comparison is undrafted RBs who led the nfl in rushing in preseason and got an opportunity to play due to injuries

• Like 1

Wait, so no one cares about his stat projection in a fantasy football discussion thread? There's 17 pages about this guy and as a curious observer (now an owner of William Powell thanks to you guys)... I'd like to see some numbers. Y'know... what we really play for?

Ok. Give me YPC at least.

Wait, so no one cares about his stat projection in a fantasy football discussion thread? There's 17 pages about this guy and as a curious observer (now an owner of William Powell thanks to you guys)... I'd like to see some numbers. Y'know... what we really play for?

Ok. Give me YPC at least.

5.4 YPC... there now sleep well.

• Like 2

If he averages 5+ YPC on his rushes, to me, that would fairly clearly signify that we weren't wrong with our hopes about his potential.

Well they are playing against the #3 rush defense (MIA) this week.

I wouldn't make a kneejerk reaction if he doesn't do great against them, because of that factor.

More importantly though, the reason I think it would "fairly clearly signify" that he's likely the real deal is, if you average 5+ YPC against the #3 rush DEF, that's a very good thing.

• Like 1

I wouldn't make a kneejerk reaction if he doesn't do great against them, because of that factor.

More importantly though, the reason I think it would "fairly clearly signify" that he's likely the real deal is, if you average 5+ YPC against the #3 rush DEF, that's a very good thing.

Finally, a post that made sense!

BUT.. if he does get a decent # of carries.. watch out. ARI plays STL next.

• Like 1

Finally, a post that made sense!

BUT.. if he does get a decent # of carries.. watch out. ARI plays STL next.

That's our point. If he does get a decent # of carries, and he does well with them, then he's on people's radar. We're picking him up now because he's free right now, no Waiver claim/FAAB $ need to be spent.

I cannot wait until he breaks his long TD run. This thread is gonna go nuts. Or he'll have a very quiet game and we'll get another 15 pages next week.

Either way, this thread is gonna go berserk tomorrow. There's no middle ground...

You said it brother.

Here we go Powell, do your thing today!!