FouLLine

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

Barden on the BENCH?!?!? WTH???

I don't know if you know this Robrain, but he's 6'6"

:P

Digging your teams btw. Good luck today

Wow...About 3 posts into the Greg the Leg thread, I'm guessing the majority of us figured out the joke. I'm coming in here exactly like "those guys" in the Greg the Leg thread.

So I don't know should I add him to join in the debate?? Lol

Something about putting my money where my mouth is:

Everyone best be buying this lottery ticket right. NOW.

and the Mantooth Award goes to...Robrain, for going all in across the board on the all-time flier of fliers

This is seriously the best... thread... ever

You must not have been around for the Ryan Torrain thread 2 years ago....

Nothing will ever top the Torain Train! But the Legatron thread is pretty close.

Can we have a mod delete this thread so we can forget how much time was wasted debating a crappy Arizona runner?

• Like 1

2 carries for 2 yards

2 catches for 6 yards.

Anddddd crickets. Not that those numbers should surprise anyone who looked at the situation logically.

• Like 1

He really wasn't much worse than Ryan Williams, and Ryan Williams was also pulled from the game in all no huddle / 2-minute offensive formations (which they ran a LOT), in favor of William Powell.

Kevin Kolb was uncharacteristically forcing his throws downfield instead of checking down when the deep routes were covered, which is why there were so few dumpoffs to the RB's.

Game stats:

Ryan Williams:

13 carries, 26 rushing yards

1 reception, 0 receiving yards

William Powell:

2 carries, 2 rushing yards

2 receptions, 6 receiving yards

If you want to get technical, Ryan William's yards per touch average = 1.857142857142857

William Powell's yards per touch average = 2

If you want to get technical, both players are a**.

I don't think we've seen enough out of William Powell just yet to say that, to be honest.

We've seen Ryan Williams pretty consistently underperform when given carries.

Powell has only been given 2 carries so far.

It would not surprise me if the coaching staff gave Powell a bigger test drive next game, for the simple reason that Ryan Williams was unable to get anything going on the ground when given the carries this game. That underperformance contributed to the Cardinals being unable to sustain drives and run down the clock.

It would not surprise me at all to see a more even timeshare next week, with the coaching staff feeding Powell if it turns out that he's got the hot hand.

The Cardinals line is not good, did you watch defenders swimming through the backfield on almost every running play? There run block sucks, there personnel upfront sucks. You can get all fluffy over some article saying they are trying to stick together all you want, but at the end of the day you have to be honest and objective in your analysis otherwise you may end up letting players in a better situation get away from you. Its a longshot Arizona has a consistent running game this year given there O-Line.

Edited by Cmilne23

I don't think we've seen enough out of William Powell just yet to say that, to be honest.

It would not surprise me if the coaching staff gave Powell a bigger test drive next game, for the simple reason that Ryan Williams was unable to get anything going on the ground when given the carries this game. That underperformance contributed to the Cardinals being unable to sustain drives and run down the clock.

It would not surprise me at all to see a more even timeshare next week, with the coaching staff feeding Powell if it turns out that he's got the hot hand.

why is it necessary to make excuses. the guy was viewed as a lotto ticket in case williams go hurt. he didn't. end of story. why does it matter that powell diid nothing today? he wasn't suppose to without williams going down. honestly making excuses just looks silly and makes it his supporters look like they are grasping at straws

• Like 1

Homeboy, throw in the towell,

Your team got d*cked by Billy Powell.

• Like 2

Proteus, I feel like we would be best friends.

• Like 1

Let's just drop it. Yeah maybe later in the year he emerges as something fantasy useful, stranger things have happened I suppose. But right now he's just another turd on the waiver wire.

why is it necessary to make excuses. the guy was viewed as a lotto ticket in case williams go hurt. he didn't. end of story. why does it matter that powell diid nothing today? he wasn't suppose to without williams going down. honestly making excuses just looks silly and makes it his supporters look like they are grasping at straws

You guys clearly missed the reason I was interested in him, then.

Yes, a Ryan Williams injury will be the fastest way to propel William Powell into the driver seat, but I consider Powell a speculative hold in case Ryan Williams cedes touches to William Powell.

That will likely occur if Ryan Williams continues to consistently underperform.

The more Ryan Williams underperforms, the more touches William Powell will get if he performs well with them.

I'm quite happy with the turn of events this game. Ryan Williams basically did nothing to solidify his grip on the starting job. If anything, underperforming 3 out of 4 games only loosens his grip on the starting job, regardless of William Powell's performance.

This game wasn't about William Powell breaking out. For William Powell owners, this game was all about Ryan Williams not breaking out.

I got exactly what I was hoping for. I don't know what the rest of you were hoping for.

===========

Basically:

12 carries for 24 yards = enough carries to be considered an underperformance

Decreasing Ryan Williams' stock accordingly. We'll call this -1.

2 carries for 2 yards isn't enough carries to make any real conclusion on. He didn't fumble, he didn't do anything crazy. That means William Powell's stock neither increased nor decreased from where it was. So his "value" remains at 0.

Ryan Williams: -1

William Powell: 0

As far as how that will affect the carry split in future games, I believe that should only help William Powell.

Edited by Robrain

if i miss out on my waiver wire targets i think im gonna hold him 1 more week. williams looked garbage and powell didnt get enough touches even though he was on the field for a good amount of plays. that o line did look bad tho

Yes, a Ryan Williams injury will be the fastest way to propel William Powell into the driver seat, but I consider Powell a speculative hold in case Ryan Williams cedes touches to William Powell.

The more Ryan Williams underperforms, the more touches William Powell will get if he performs well with them.

I'm quite happy with the turn of events this game. Ryan Williams basically did nothing to solidify his grip on the starting job. If anything, underperforming 3 out of 4 games only loosens his grip on the starting job, regardless of William Powell's performance.

This game wasn't about William Powell breaking out. For William Powell owners, this game was all about Ryan Williams not breaking out.

I got exactly what I was hoping for. I don't know what the rest of you were hoping for.

===========

Basically:

2 carries for 2 yards isn't enough carries to make any real conclusion on. He didn't fumble, he didn't do anything crazy. That means William Powell's stock neither increased nor decreased from where it was. So his "value" remains at 0.

As far as how that will affect the carry split in future games, I believe that should only help William Powell.

i don't think anyone missed anything. he is a lotto ticket, it's been said many times. and it is silly to make excuses when lotto ticket players who haven't gotten their break perform bad in limited action. it only servers to weaken your position

===========

Basically:

William Powell is your brother and/or you played HS football with him. We get it...

• Like 1

Some of you seem to think that a lotto ticket is strictly a one-week hold. I think that's a good way to miss out on a valuable player if you drop them too soon.

Randall Cobb and Travaris Cadet are two others that could be good holds. They might not be blowing up right this instant, but they very well could shortly.