FouLLine

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

you obviosuly didnt watch the game. the reason he had only 2 carries is because the cardinal threw the ball almost 80% of the time. common sense tells us that is not going to happen on a regular basis. ryan williams played fewer snaps than powell. ryan williams is in no way the work horse like lynch is for seattle

Whoa little fella. Ryan Williams had 13 carries vs Powell's 2. I'd say that's the kind of split a workhorse gets. Things can change quickly in football but that statement doesn't really make any sense until something does. Let's talk tomorrow

you obviosuly didnt watch the game. the reason he had only 2 carries is because the cardinal threw the ball almost 80% of the time. common sense tells us that is not going to happen on a regular basis. ryan williams played fewer snaps than powell. ryan williams is in no way the work horse like lynch is for seattle

Whoa little fella. Ryan Williams had 13 carries vs Powell's 2. I'd say that's the kind of split a workhorse gets. Things can change quickly in football but that statement doesn't really make any sense until something does. Let's talk tomorrow

Did you seriously just say that 13 carries = "workhorse"? This year, Lynch has had 21-26-25-20 carries, or 92 total, as opposed to Williams with 8-10-13-13, or 44 total. The comparison the "little fella" made was between Lynch and Williams, and IMO he's right: Lynch is a workhorse, Williams is most definitely not. Seems to me their usage (and performance on the field) plays a big part in determining potential opportunity for their backups.

The point is that Lynch is a HUGE part of Seattle's offense and is in absolutely no danger of losing his job -- or carries -- barring injury. Meanwhile, Williams' job as the starter is very much on thin ice due to poor performance... and when your backup has more snaps than you in any given game (like just last week), you should be worried. Not saying Powell will necessarily do any better if he steps in as the lead back, but there's certainly more of a possibility of him getting starter's snaps than Turbin at this time. That was the point being made.

Did you seriously just say that 13 carries = "workhorse"? This year, Lynch has had 21-26-25-20 carries, or 92 total, as opposed to Williams with 8-10-13-13, or 44 total. The comparison the "little fella" made was between Lynch and Williams, and IMO he's right: Lynch is a workhorse, Williams is most definitely not. Seems to me their usage (and performance on the field) plays a big part in determining potential opportunity for their backups.

The point is that Lynch is a HUGE part of Seattle's offense and is in absolutely no danger of losing his job -- or carries -- barring injury. Meanwhile, Williams' job as the starter is very much on thin ice due to poor performance... and when your backup has more snaps than you in any given game (like just last week), you should be worried. Not saying Powell will necessarily do any better if he steps in as the lead back, but there's certainly more of a possibility of him getting starter's snaps than Turbin at this time. That was the point being made.

No actually I didn't say 13 carries = workhorse. I said the split is. Like that guy said, they threw 80% of the time that game. If you have 15 carries to divy up and one guy gets 13 and the other gets 2, I'd say it's obvious who is the team's workhorse and who isn't. You guys keep speculating that Williams is going to lose his job. Fine, when it happens you can say he's no longer their main back. Since it hasn't happened and last game Williams got 87% of the team's carries let's hold off on that. Like I said let's talk tomorrow

Edited by owenmills
  • Like 1

No actually I didn't say 13 carries = workhorse. I said the split is. Like that guy said, they threw 80% of the time that game. If you have 15 carries to divy up and one guy gets 13 and the other gets 2, I'd say it's obvious who is the team's workhorse and who isn't. You guys keep speculating that Williams is going to lose his job. Fine, when it happens you can say he's no longer their main back. Since it hasn't happened and last game Williams got 87% of the team's carries let's hold off on that. Like I said let's talk tomorrow

i like how you completely ignore the snap count

Fair enough. I just think 11 carries a game is a sign to me that a team isn't necessarily sold on their lead back. I like to look for trends and indicators of future possibilities to plan ahead for my team. In my experience, if a fantasy manager waits until such a change actually happens, the new starter is on someone else's roster by then.

• Like 1

Who cares how many extra snaps Powell played on passing downs. He didn't even catch many balls. For all the extra snaps he played over Williams he ended up catching only 1 more pass. So he was basically a blocking dummy out there. If you want to hang your hat on that go ahead. I've got absolutely no problem with people picking him up and hoping. I agree with you jnormy you have to be proactive. But the positive spin some of you guys are trying to put on the last game is so ridiculous.

Who cares how many extra snaps Powell played on passing downs. He didn't even catch many balls. For all the extra snaps he played over Williams he ended up catching only 1 more pass. So he was basically a blocking dummy out there. If you want to hang your hat on that go ahead. I've got absolutely no problem with people picking him up and hoping. I agree with you jnormy you have to be proactive. But the positive spin some of you guys are trying to put on the last game is so ridiculous.

That game was not so much a positive spin on Powell to me as a negative for Williams. And where there's doubt involving a starting RB, a change in the depth chart is a very real possibility. Of course, if Williams blows up against that weak Rams front tonight, that will give him some traction. IF.

(Of course, as a Beanie owner I wouldn't mind so much if they BOTH sucked over the next several weeks, lol.)

all i was doing was disproving your comment that ryan williams is a workhorse back similar to lynch. i wasnt putting any positive spin on powells last game

all i was doing was disproving your comment that ryan williams is a workhorse back similar to lynch. i wasnt putting any positive spin on powells last game

You didn't disprove anything. You yourself admitted they went extremely pass heavy and didn't run much. Williams got 87% of the team's carries last game.

FYI I've never compared Williams to Lynch. They do have a similarity though. They both got the vast majority of their team's carries last weekend.

Edited by owenmills

You didn't disprove anything. You yourself admitted they went extremely pass heavy and didn't run much. Williams got 87% of the team's carries last game.

he was on the field for less than half the snaps. marshawn lynch is always on the field for the bulk of the plays. it is really not that hard to understand. im not gonna spend any more time arguing with the guy who compares ryan williams to marshawn lynch

Edited by kobe24

he was on the field for less than half the snaps. marshawn lynch is always on the field for the bulk of the plays. it is really not that hard to understand. im not gonna spend any more time arguing with the guy who compares ryan williams to marshawn lynch

You and this snap count. I don't know why it's so impressive to you that Powell was a blocking dummy last game. For all the extra snaps he played on passing downs for he caught 2 passes to Williams' 1. Who cares! You don't get points for blocks in fantasy football.

Anyone interested in discussing what he might put up tonight?

6-29 and this thread will go apesh*t tomorrow. I'll be back with some popcorn.

You and this snap count. I don't know why it's so impressive to you that Powell was a blocking dummy last game. For all the extra snaps he played on passing downs for he caught 2 passes to Williams' 1. Who cares! You don't get points for blocks in fantasy football.

are you dyslexic or have some sort of learning disability? you are clearly not comprehending my posts. the argument isnt about powell. its about the comparison between ryan williams and marshawn lynchs workload/job security which is insane.

are you dyslexic or have some sort of learning disability? you are clearly not comprehending my posts. the argument isnt about powell. its about the comparison between ryan williams and marshawn lynchs workload/job security which is insane.

Nice. Now comes the name calling. You know someone is out of good points when that happens. I've never mentioned job security anywhere. But if you want to compare their workloads Williams got 87% of his teams carries last weekend. What was Lynch's? I'm not going to bother calculating it but if you want to keep it going come back with that info.

It starts with and increase in snaps... then it goes to an increase in carries... then it ultimately ends in becoming the teams featured running back.

The coaching staff said that Powell knows the playbook better than Ryan Williams, which was a big reason as to why he was in on more plays.

Tonight will answer a lot of questions. I would think Ryan Williams will get most of the carries but William Powell should get enough carries to really showcase his talent. I'm thinking Powell will be very fantasy relevant next week.

It starts with and increase in snaps... then it goes to an increase in carries... then it ultimately ends in becoming the teams featured running back.

The coaching staff said that Powell knows the playbook better than Ryan Williams, which was a big reason as to why he was in on more plays.

Tonight will answer a lot of questions. I would think Ryan Williams will get most of the carries but William Powell should get enough carries to really showcase his talent. I'm thinking Powell will be very fantasy relevant next week.

Maybe Ryan Williams has some sort of learning disability

*brandishes a grenade then slowly backs out of the thread*

• Like 1

Well... learning disability or not if a rookie off of the practice squad clearly knows the play book better in his first game than the "starting RB" it tells me who is working harder and cares more.

Well... learning disability or not if a rookie off of the practice squad clearly knows the play book better in his first game than the "starting RB" it tells me who is working harder and cares more.

Not disagreeing here, but where is the source you guys have been reading on that?

When did the coaches say that Powell knows the playbook more than Ryan Williams does ? Link please

this whole williams vs. powell thing is non sense. if powell is better he will get the nod over williams especially after his powell's great preseason. at this moment the coaching staff has more faith in williams as a runner. pick up powell if you think he will be "the guy". i'm sticking with williams and hoping he gets his head out of his butt and puts up some decent numbers.

Edited by fyasko

I thought in Yahoo leagues, as long as they're not in you're starting line-up, you can drop them after they played?

Maybe I remember wrong. Does anybody know?

My league's waiver is set to "game time - tuesday". Which means, (sunday games for example) if it's 10:30am, players that are playing in 10am games are locked, but players that will play in 1pm, sunday night, or monday night, can still be picked up.

So if I'm correct, I can pick up William Powell before the game, put him in my bench, then if he's a complete flop, I can drop him since I didn't start him, and didn't play for my fantasy team?

Edited by left hook
  • Like 1

So this thread has gained like a dozen pages since his last game in which he had 4 touches for 6 yards. Can you imagine the arousal level of the cheerleaders if he actually has like a 20-25 yard performance? Im going with 1 page for every 2 yards he gains tonight in the next 24 hours.

• Like 1

You are all ridiculous, this Lynch/Williams comparision is stupid. It started with me saying a few pages back that I like Robert Turbin as a flier backup RB moreso than Powell. For one, Turbin was actually drafted in the middle rounds, so it is clear that Seahawks envision him as a contributer, you dont waste draft picks. Second, despite Lynch being a "workhorse", Turbin saw 3x as many carries as Powell, and rushed for 12x the yards as Powell, AND Lynch has a history of injuries and off the field problems. Furthermore, the Seahawks actually have a solid O-Line, and they play the 32nd ranked Rush D in Carolina this week. I dont care if you are on the field a lot, you dont get points for snap count, Mark Ingram is on the field a lot because he is the Saints best pass protector, does have fantasy value? Not really.

Powell will probably see 2-5 touches tonight and PROBABLY do nothing with them. He will be behind Beanie, LSH, and Ryan Williams when they are all healthy. The fact that this thread continues is pretty much blowing my mind.

Edited by rdubs23

So this thread has gained like a dozen pages since his last game in which he had 4 touches for 6 yards. Can you imagine the arousal level of the cheerleaders if he actually has like a 20-25 yard performance? Im going with 1 page for every 2 yards he gains tonight in the next 24 hours.

I hope so because I wanna get aroused