FouLLine

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

lol I picked up Powell once i saw Williams got hurt because i remember a long thread on here! Who started this fake hype anyways?

Paging Mr FouLLine and Robrain... Appears all but certain that a hot serving of crow is in order.

***crickets***

it remains to be seen how bad Williams is hurt. and we won't k now who is next till ARI says something, i wouldn't put too much stock in 1 offensive series. though i have to saw it doesn't look good.

i am looking forward to see how those 2 are going to spin this performance into a positive though

I don't think it's too much to say that Powell will get about 100 yards on 24 carries, 1 rushing touchdown, 4 receptions for 30 yards and 1 receiving touchdown next week against the weak defense in Buffalo.

Drop Ryan Williams and pick up Powell ASAP! Then if you have an extra spot, add Alfonso as a handcuff to Powell.

Edited by 21385

Welcome to this year's Jackie Battle thread.

This guy is not the next Arian Foster. He's not the next anything. He's William Powell, and he plays on a team with a horrible O-line and is undersized and will get swallowed up by any defense he faces. Don't waste your time.

the show = powell thread

woman = how anyone hyping powell feels right now.

I picked this guy up in a lot of my yahoo leagues. People are going to be like WTF?!? when they look for him in waivers and he's already gone.

Arian Foster 3.0!!! This stud averaged 7 YPC* against the stout rams defense!

*on one carry

Edited by green
  • Like 1

Yeah, I gotta admit, nothing to see here at the moment, doesn't look like the usage is going to be there. I mean, why bother putting in the quick, dynamic runner who went for 7 with his one lone carry when you can keep throwing the guy out there who's averaging 2.4 YPC? Clearly Whisenhunt hasn't been reading this thread, lol. Maybe he should have, it's not like what he was doing was working.

My only question is, how the HELL was this team 4-0 coming into this game tonight? That entire offense is horrible.

• Like 2

i dont understand why they didnt get him touches especially after williams went down. oh well back to the wire

Yeah, I gotta admit, nothing to see here at the moment, doesn't look like the usage is going to be there. I mean, why bother putting in the quick, dynamic runner who went for 7 with his one lone carry when you can keep throwing the guy out there who's averaging 2.4 YPC? Clearly Whisenhunt hasn't been reading this thread, lol. Maybe he should have, it's not like what he was doing was working.

My only question is, how the HELL was this team 4-0 coming into this game tonight? That entire offense is horrible.

special teams and defense.

and we didn't see powell during the latter stages because they had to throw to win, but when it was 4th and 1 why the hell didn't they run the ball?

hold on folks. he could still start by default, you dont know yet

William Powell rushed just one time for seven yards in Week 5.

Powell added in three receptions for 20 yards. The second-year back handled much of the third-down work behind Ryan Williams but was a non-factor in Thursday night's game. Williams was injured in the second half, so depending on the severity, Powell could get the start by default against the Bills in Week 6.

the show = powell thread

woman = how anyone hyping powell feels right now.

What would the fart be equivalent too? The Cardinals OLine?

the fart is william powell

popped up out of nowhere... mildly entertaining ...

then no one cared.

lol, beanie wells. why hasn't that bum retired yet

Because he ran for 1,000 and 10 TDs behind essentially this same line last year. Imagine if the dude actually had decent blockers and a good QB in front of him.

Beanie could be a decent stash in a few weeks

I'm sure he'll get ~15 touches whenever he comes back... I doubt any of these scrubs are running away with the job

• Like 1

i hate this thread

Lots of letters and words...Can't make them all out...I feel like puking over two carries...It's all hate...This is bad...To have so much to say...That means so little...

Are you guys joking me? Now he's in line to start and everyone is bailing. Come on, I am sure we could wax poetic about all we learned from his one carry for at least 12 pages. It was 7 yards, and 3 catches for 20 yards. That's only 5 points less than Legatron. His chance is coming.

• Like 2

i hate this thread

Lots of letters and words...Can't make them all out...I feel like puking over two carries...It's all hate...This is bad...To have so much to say...That means so little...

Are you guys joking me? Now he's in line to start and everyone is bailing. Come on, I am sure we could wax poetic about all we learned from his one carry for at least 12 pages. It was 7 yards, and 3 catches for 20 yards. That's only 5 points less than Legatron. His chance is coming.

Or not....

Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams (shoulder) said he has a sore left shoulder but is fine and was ready to return to the team's Week 5 game against the St. Louis Rams.

Or maybe....

I have to say I am surprised. I would think now would be the time to invest in Powell yet I read more about how it is time to abondon him.

That is until I read this...

Arizona Cardinals RB Ryan Williams (shoulder) said he has a sore left shoulder but is fine and was ready to return to the team's Week 5 game against the St. Louis Rams.
I am not so sure how much I believe that was a shoulder injury though. He looked like he got knocked out cold.
  • Like 1

I have to say I am surprised. I would think now would be the time to invest in Powell yet I read more about how it is time to abondon him.

That is until I read this...

I agree, that makes no sense. Those managers lack some common sense.

Powell is going to be a top waiver pick up this week in the RB pool.

Just look at Ryan Williams' game log... he's had his chance and he blew it. 2 fumbles, 0 TDs, 2.8 YPG and an injury in his 2nd game as starter. The only thing that saves Williams is his contract and the GM ego.

I'm not saying Powell is going to succeed but why would you drop him now?

• Like 1

lol I picked up Powell once i saw Williams got hurt because i remember a long thread on here! Who started this fake hype anyways?

Paging Mr FouLLine and Robrain... Appears all but certain that a hot serving of crow is in order.

***crickets***

it remains to be seen how bad Williams is hurt. and we won't k now who is next till ARI says something, i wouldn't put too much stock in 1 offensive series. though i have to saw it doesn't look good.

i am looking forward to see how those 2 are going to spin this performance into a positive though

He averaged 7 ypc. He also had 3 catches for 20 yards. They went pass heavy late in the game just like in the previous week so Powell didn't get many carries. Ryan Williams sucked and is going to get benched soon. He's not their workhorse. Or he won't be healthy enough to play next week. Powell averaged like 10 yards per carry in college and the preseason, imagine when he gets his 20 carries a game. Just wait, it's coming

it'll be something like that

• Like 1

i'm on the fence.

ryan williams is injury and fumble prone. he was the 2nd rd pick, but was also a huge stud for 1 yr at w. virginia

william powell had 20 carries and 1 yr in college, undrafted back. he has burst/is fresh and could bust out, but the az oline is bottom rung

its really interesting discussion, but good gosh, the chances of his success are low if beanie and williams cant do much behind the line and they had thousands more reps and have been hs stars going way back. powell has beaten the odds to get there, but the talent/practice disparity is huge

• Like 1

He did not even get run when Williams got hurt! the Fonse' Smith came in first, then 1 of 2 white RB's in the league in Ray Sherman? came in after that. Powell did not even see one snap after Williams exited. Draw your own conclusions but this chump won't be some bell cow even if Williams misses a game or two.

Edited by Cmilne23

***crickets***

He averaged 7 ypc. He also had 3 catches for 20 yards. They went pass heavy late in the game just like in the previous week so Powell didn't get many carries. Ryan Williams sucked and is going to get benched soon. He's not their workhorse. Or he won't be healthy enough to play next week. Powell averaged like 10 yards per carry in college and the preseason, imagine when he gets his 20 carries a game. Just wait, it's coming

it'll be something like that

The guy scored touchdowns in college at a rate of something like 1 touchdown in every 4 carries. He has 3 carries without a touchdown. This means that he WILL score a touchdown on his next carry. That's just math.

Explosiveness.

Barry Sanders moves.

Arian Foster.

• Like 2