FouLLine

William Powell 2012 Season Outlook

well something to consider.

ryan williams may be the starter, but man does he have some bad luck.

college-

2009: full load, all games played. record breaking year

2010: missed 4 games - hammy. replaced by... david wilson of the NY Giants.

nfl:

2011: torn patella tendon, lost season

last thing i want to do is wish injury on a player, but man, that's some crummy luck. seeing that i'd pickup powell as a handcuff.

Edited by scorched03

I still can't find a scouting report ...

Is this guy really comparable to Lesean Mccoy? I guess his game is more speed than power? I know nothing about this man of mystery other than he lit it up all summer and is behind an "injury prone" RB

but so is lamar milller ... My current "hey if X gets hurt Y could be good" RB flier

I still can't find a scouting report ...

Is this guy really comparable to Lesean Mccoy? I guess his game is more speed than power? I know nothing about this man of mystery other than he lit it up all summer and is behind an "injury prone" RB

but so is lamar milller ... My current "hey if X gets hurt Y could be good" RB flier

He was a walk on at K State and played behind Daniel Thomas... I'm not sure a scouting report even exists on him.

The amount of people talking about how RyWilliams is timid is laughable. He's essentially a rookie and he's coming off knee surgery. He made a few comments about being concerned about his knee, but even the great Forte has said similar things in the past worrying about getting hurt.

It will just take one game of 20 carries or two and he will have his confidence back. There's a reason this kid was drafted. Don't read into everything so much.

The amount of people talking about how RyWilliams is timid is laughable. He's essentially a rookie and he's coming off knee surgery. He made a few comments about being concerned about his knee, but even the great Forte has said similar things in the past worrying about getting hurt.

It will just take one game of 20 carries or two and he will have his confidence back. There's a reason this kid was drafted. Don't read into everything so much.

*checks signature*

confirmed.

• Like 4

*checks signature*

confirmed.

huh?

*checks signature*

confirmed.

huh?

Ryan Williams is on your fantasy team.

you have ryan williams

and are therefore biased, whether you meant to be or not. it's ok.

you have ryan williams

I drafted him as a flyer. I'm glad he's got a shot now but I'm not expecting him to go off or anything. But I also think that hearing that a RB is concerned about his surgically repaired knee is nothing to blow out of proportion.

you have ryan williams

I drafted him as a flyer. I'm glad he's got a shot now but I'm not expecting him to go off or anything. But I also think that hearing that a RB is concerned about his surgically repaired knee is nothing to blow out of proportion.

I don't think anyone is blowing it out of proportion, but in Fantasy Football you have to speculate on who you think is most likely to get injured, and a guy coming off knee surgery that is playing tentative is unfortunately at the top of that list. So considering this is the thread about his backup, there will be talk about that.

I like LSH, a lot - assuming the groin issue isnt serious

I could see him with 8-10 touches (receptions included) a week, even if williams stays healthy

Edited by rraayy3

I dropped Emmanuel Sanders for him. I have Mike Wallace already so no way Sanders was ever getting in my lineup unless I was absolutely desperate. I think with Ryan Williams struggles and injury history (not that I am wishing any ills to the man), Powell is as good a flier anyone. Plus this hype train in here basically forced me to pick him up!

I own Williams & will not spend 2 roster spots on AZ RBs (plus I refuse to handcuff my RB4 in any event), but I can see him being rostered if you have absolute trash to drop &/or are in 12+ team leagues w/ more than 17 or 18 roster spots. Guess I just don't take pre-season numbers as any kind of true indicator, especially when there's a dearth of scouting reports on the guy.

i see no scouting report, youtube clips linking to a classic movie star, and the faceless white silhouette of rotoworld legend.

he transcends google, youtube, and wikipedia.

he's gotta be good

added.

He's the James Bond of RB's. Powell, William Powell.

From Roto:

"Prior to Williams' August 2011 patellar tendon tear, he showed signs of difference-making talent. He's going to get a chance to put that on display for at least the next two months. Williams, who impressively rushed 13 times for 83 yards against the Eagles last week, now projects to push for 20 touches per week as long as his knee cooperates. He'll be backed up on early downs by William Powell."

This guy is certanly intriguing. Caddy came back from his patellar injury and played pretty well for awhile I think before he broke down again. Powell could get some serious playing time down the road. Decent lotto ticket. I'm about out of patience with regard to Titus Young, if he doesn't show me much this weekend I'm going to seriously consider rostering Powell.

This guy is certanly intriguing. Caddy came back from his patellar injury and played pretty well for awhile I think before he broke down again. Powell could get some serious playing time down the road. Decent lotto ticket. I'm about out of patience with regard to Titus Young, if he doesn't show me much this weekend I'm going to seriously consider rostering Powell.

Just dropped Young for Powell. All Young has done this year is catch a hail mary off a deflection. Competing for targets with Burleson & Pettigrew, and so far he is finishing last in that battle. Add in that the Lions can now actually run the ball and his value is gone. Powell has more of a chance of gaining a significant role in the next few weeks IMO.

http://blog.azcardin...hens-rough-day/

The Hypen's Rough Day

LaRod Stephens-Howling could only smile. What else was he going to do?

His stat line from Sunday’s game against the Eagles was, well, there is no other way to put it — it was ugly. Forced into action down the stretch after Beanie Wells went out of the game and Ryan Williams was dealing with cramps, the Hyphen was battered at the line of scrimmage running plays that probably don’t fit his skill set the best. Plus the Eagles at the end knew the Cards would run the ball and were coming to stop it. So the Hyphen’s final numbers were eight carries for minus-14 yards.

“It was rough,” Stephens-Howling said. “And it was rough waking up Monday and seeing what the stats were. But again, we all knew what we had to do, we lost Beanie and we were short running backs, so I needed to get in there and take the carries. The win makes it better than those negative-14 yards.”

The end of game doesn’t explain everything. In fact, Stephens-Howling had three first-half carries that put him in a deep hole, losing 5, 4 and 2 yards, respectively. Of his eight carries, seven lost yardage.

LaRod Stephens-Howling is 5'7" / 185 lbs. The reason he wasn't backing up Beanie Wells in the first place was because Ryan Williams size difference makes Ryan Williams a far better grinder than Hypen. Likewise, William Powell has almost certainly leapfrogged Hypen already for the vast majority of rushing reps behind Ryan Williams.

hyphenbloguse.jpg

Edited by Robrain

LSH will be the 3rd down back regardless of who the starter is. That wont change

this is why i like him more initially. has some value even if williams stays healthy