Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

So funny you posted this, I was planning on scooping them up in every single league I don't have a clearcut top 5 defense after today's players clear.

falcons' sked next 3 weeks is mighty tastee. haven't researched cards b/c they're not available in my league.

are the turnover-and-sack prone eagles a stream-against team now? i have ATL but the jints are sitting on my wire...sorely tempted to pick them up...

Has anyone had as much bad luck as I have had this season trying to pick DSTs?

Week 1: Buffalo (@NYJ) = 1.50 points, ranked #32

Week 2: Oakland (@MIA) = 1.49 points, ranked #31

Week 3: Pittsburgh (@OAK) = 4.88 points, ranked #30

If defenses are such a crapshoot, why am I so good at predicted a bottom-3 DST play every week? Sure, it's not an exact science but this is a perfect example of just wasting away points.

I do think there's some credence to the whole "playing on the road" thing as a big factor.

Arizona and Atlanta have great Week 4 matchups, by the way.

I'm really digging the Cardinals. Their defense has been particularly bad a** this season and their schedule is NICE. Looking at their match-ups in the short-term, I'd rank them...

1. Cardinals (Mia, @STL, Buf, @Min)

2. Giants (@Phi, Cle, @SF, Was)

3. Falcons (Car, @Was, Oak, BYE)

4. Bengals (@Jac, Mia, @Cle, Pit)

5. Patriots (@Buf, Den, @Sea, NYJ)

Guest JimmyGs

I'm really digging the Cardinals. Their defense has been particularly bad a** this season and their schedule is NICE. Looking at their match-ups in the short-term, I'd rank them...

All five were already taken in my league last week. I recommend everyone pickup Giants if still available after last Thursday's tromping.

All five were already taken in my league last week. I recommend everyone pickup Giants if still available after last Thursday's tromping.

Are the eagles really that bad?

I want to use the NYG so bad but i have a feeling this is the game the eagles stop sucking and game turns into a shootout.

Right now i have ARI vs MIA but ATL vs CAR looks good too.

ARI has been too legit to quit though they seem like a very hot D you need to keep rollin with for the next few weeks.

ARI is 2nd highest fantasy scoring DEF now.

any nice streamers other than the obvious?(ari, atl, nyg, cin) im deciding between:

miami @ari

dallas vs tb

san diego @kc

tampa bay vs was

denver vs oak

Guest JimmyGs

I want to use the NYG so bad but i have a feeling this is the game the eagles stop sucking and game turns into a shootout.

ARI has been too legit to quit though they seem like a very hot D you need to keep rollin with for the next few weeks.

Wasn't it against the NYG last year that Vick took off and has his best game ever?

I would stick with ARI.

Wasn't it against the NYG last year that Vick took off and has his best game ever?

I would stick with ARI.

That was 2 years ago.

im rolling with seattle over philly from here on out. Seattle has some good match ups and shut down defense this year. Specially at home games.

I am in a bit of a predictament here and just saw this thread,

ARI, SEA, ATL,NYG all available right now, I used GB last night and lost by 4 points.

My only concern is the waiver wire I am 3rd to pick, & the #1 guy has PIT (BYE week), i am hoping he doesnt notice till after tonight..

I really like ARI, who is the next best 2nd (Hopefully to keep in for a while,3-5 weeks..)

Should I drop Jets D for Cardinals D?

With Revis out who knows how the Jets D is going to be and Cardinals have looked good.

Should I drop Jets D for Cardinals D?

With Revis out who knows how the Jets D is going to be and Cardinals have looked good.

Why not drop Collie instead? Not like he's going to play again this year.

Who would you pick out of these 3 if you had the choice?

Seattle Seahawks

Atlanta Falcons

Arizona Cardinals

Does anyone here favor DEFs playing against their QB? To hedge against INTs and Sacks negative points?

who does everyone like as deep league streamers this week?

miami @ari

dallas vs chi

san diego @kc

st louis vs sea

tampa bay vs was

I have Green Bay and Buffalo but I don't like the match ups. Thinking of picking up either the Rams or Falcons. Who would you play out of all 4 defenses?

John

I've been riding the Redskins for the last two weeks and have been lucky with TDs. Can't count on that going forward. Think I'm going to roll with NYG this week against Vi(nt)ck. They should be fired up.

I have Seattle but I'm thinking about adding the Cardinals so I can have two interchangeables the rest of the way...but if I can't add them I figure the Seahawks should be good to go RoS

Which defense do you guys think would be the best RoS?

Ravens or Cardinals?

I think the Ravens just aren't the same defense without Suggs...the Cards are a very tough defense and with Peterson back there returning punts can only help