Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

JAX may put up points if Cincy gives up a big play to MJD or if JAX keeps passing in garbage time. Overall JAX or the Rams seem like the better options since Buffalo and the Vikings have the ability to put up points especially the Vikings since Detroit allowed Locker to score on them.

NYG a must start? PHI giving up the most fantasy points to DEFs.

So now that Nick Kaeding is out for week 4, do we just pick up his replacement Nick Novak (who has done well in his place last year) and assume he'll perform just fine, or do we pick someone up a free agent like Lawrence Tynes?

I'm picking up MIN Blair Walsh...he is a future stud so long as they keep moving the ball in Minny

Ok narrowed my choices to Bengals or Rams, surprisingly both have a few nice matchups coming up so they could be multiple week fill-ins.. most important is this week, anyone got some insight/predictions for their games... I can easily be swayed so anyone with some feelings Im all ears.

I think this defense is going to keep rising, I think Eli during week 2 really just had a flash of his MVPish status, All the great Qbs have some ridiculousness that they pull of during there careers and that was one of them. I dont think theres much to stop Eli right now regardless, I say RGIII 2 turnovers. But like everyone else I'll probably wait another 1-2 weeks to see if they are what i'm claiming.

Shutdown Romo and Cam Newton for minimal scores.

Should I hang on to the Packers this week or dump them for Cinci? I know GB isn't going to do well, but don't really have another spot open.

I'm liking CIN this week and the next few. Offense gaining confidence which should keep the D fresher. They are lacking on Rush Defense and turnovers, but if they can get some more of the latter, they can force the game to be won by Gabbert.

Roll with Justin Tucker or pick up Greg Zuerlein?

Guest JimmyGs

Roll with Justin Tucker or pick up Greg Zuerlein?

The Leg has been consistent and can kick from a long way off.

Looking ahead to week 5...

I think right now it's a tossup between Cardinals and Vikings Defense if their still available in your league.

Cardinals go to STL next week. They put up a ton of turnovers against Phi and Mia. STL is going to be another soft matchup for them.

Vikings have putup 15 and 23 the last two weeks against 49ers and Detroit. Week 5 they get home field vs a struggling Tenessee. Hass will be starting for Tenn and Texans managed 23 points against them this week and Tenn was already ranked 19th before this week.

Depending on the health of the Steelers D, they play PHI this week who are currently ranked 32nd because of all the turnovers.

If someones dumb enough to dump the Giants after a weak performance they go against KC this week which would be another good matchup.

Guest JimmyGs

If someones dumb enough to dump the Giants after a weak performance they go against KC this week which would be another good matchup.

The Giants play Cleveland in week 5 who is giving up the 9th most FFP in my league.

Is anyone outright dropping Jason Hanson on his BYE week? I'm actually debating stashing him and just picking up a BYE week filler this week. I know carrying two kickers is outrageous, but for some reason, this guy seems to have so many opportunities due to his high powered offense that seems to struggle to score once they get into FG range. Even this past week, he should have had 12+, but the Lions stopped kicking FGs early (for some reason) and were going for it on 4th and 5, etc.

Looking ahead to week 5...

I think right now it's a tossup between Cardinals and Vikings Defense if their still available in your league.

would you drop ATL (@WAS) for the Vikes?

Ok, need help here. I've started PIT in week 1, NE in week 2, Pit in week 3 and ATL in week 4 and am ready to pull my hair out.

Stick with ATL at WAS this week? Or take MIN/CIN/STL?

Rolling with AZ again in this short week vs STL but MIN vs TEN is awfully tempting. They should be able to shut down the run game & Hasselbeck should be a good for a couple of picks at least.

Looking way ahead to Week 6 (Chicago's bye)

St. Louis @ Miami

Miami v. St. Louis

Cincinnati @ Cleveland

Who would you roll with?

Is anyone outright dropping Jason Hanson on his BYE week? I'm actually debating stashing him and just picking up a BYE week filler this week. I know carrying two kickers is outrageous, but for some reason, this guy seems to have so many opportunities due to his high powered offense that seems to struggle to score once they get into FG range. Even this past week, he should have had 12+, but the Lions stopped kicking FGs early (for some reason) and were going for it on 4th and 5, etc.

I'm having the same dilemna - don't want to drop Hanson and have somebody else with an underperforming kicker scoop him up next week before I can get him back. Zuerlein is available and I plan to pick him up (assuming i can beat the Janikowski owner to him) but I just really like Hanson...

Only 4 bench spots thus I have to drop a kicker for another one. Drop M. Crosby for Greg the Leg?

Teams that might be on the WW and worth a start are: GB, Cinci and maybe Miami. That's a big maybe on Miami. The Vikings have been hot on ST so consider them, as well.