Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

The options are limited in my league. I'm looking at Washington (v. MIN), CLE (v. CIN), or KC (@TB).

Of those opponents, Cincy seems to have the most to fear with AJ Green. TB has the worst offense of the three, but I can't ignore Washington being at home. Looking for some input.

Miami or Pittsburgh this week?

Not sure about the Steelers this week. No Woodley, no Troy, so that's a depleted defense. Under .500 and a bit shaky so far away from home. Titans are poor, but they haven't given up many sacks, and their problem is a lack of play-makers on offense. I wouldn't call them a slam dunk pick by any means, but the encouraging thing for me would be the Steeler's ability to kill clock coupled with the Titans' awful defense, which coughs up 30 pts a game. That would ensure less time of possession for the TItans to hurt the Steelers. This match-up is a nice fit for the Steelers offense (so you can bump Ben, Brown, Wallace, etc.) but not ideal on the defensive side.

The Rams are available I'm thinking i could go either way Dolphins or Rams. Right now i have Cincy plugged and but i don't feel confident...any thoughts?

I just found this thread (thought it used to be in the regular discussion but noticed it was moved to AC) but just a tip I've noticed for streaming defense this year. Besides the obvious turnover machine that has been Matt Cassell, I'm not sure we can assume Brady Quinn is going to be much better but so far the lowest fantasy points yielded to a defense against the Chiefs has been 9 total points.

I believe they have yielded the most points per week, (I'll have to check on that) but Tampa Bay who ranks 4th in stopping the run should also have no trouble stopping Quinn. Look for a 10+ fantasy scoring output by Tampa this week.

Don't know if this has been discussed... Is it counterproductive to have a kicker from the same team as your QB? Kicker scoring big points usually means the offense having a hard time completing drives. Therefore its usually not the case to have a great QB week and a great K week. am i wrong about that?

Matt Bryant has been good for me, but I'm considering dropping him for Blair Walsh, just because I'm more convinced Walsh will get the long kicks. I like that the Vikes D is good and offense middling; perfect recipe for good kicker numbers. Any input?

Oh and Atlanta has a bye week next week anyway but should I keep Bryant for the Oakland game?

Alright, rather than the usual should I start defense A or defense B, how about we rank these defenses this week:

Arizona D vs Buffalo

Miami D vs St Louis

Atlanta D vs Oakland

Cincy D vs Cleveland

St Louis D vs Miami

Tampa Bay D vs Kansas City

This is how I would rank them....

Am I crazy to think Colts D might be a nice play for the next few weeks?

They have Jets, Browns, Titans, Dolphins and Jaguars coming up, not exactly offensive juggernauts

Alright, rather than the usual should I start defense A or defense B, how about we rank these defenses this week:

Arizona D vs Buffalo

Miami D vs St Louis

Atlanta D vs Oakland

Cincy D vs Cleveland

St Louis D vs Miami

1, Falcons. Toothless Raider team at home. Run up the score, pile the pressure on a losing team. Even if McFadden has a nice day, there is plenty of sack/takeaway potential.

2. Cards. Fitz is a turnover machine and these guys play much better at home. Patrick Peterson hasn't taken one to the house yet...

3. Dolphins. The Rams have no threat in the passing game and Miami's top ranked run defense can contain SJax.

4. Bengals. Figures to be another high scoring game, lots of turnover potential. Weeden is always good for an INT or two.

5. Rams. I think Miami will have too much for them.

6. Bucs. I would even take the Chiefs D over them. Yes, Quinn is starting but this team has the hottest RB in the league right now, they will have the greater time of possession and more scoring opportunities.

I have Texans D and Arizona's D, I am leaning Texans but they are playing gb that likes to put up points.

What do people think?

Am I crazy to think Colts D might be a nice play for the next few weeks?

They have Jets, Browns, Titans, Dolphins and Jaguars coming up, not exactly offensive juggernauts

Colts have some injury issues with the defense, 3 starters are out (mathis, angerer, davis). Risky play.

Arizona D vs Buffalo

Miami D vs St Louis

Atlanta D vs Oakland

Cincy D vs Cleveland

St Louis D vs Miami

1, Falcons. Toothless Raider team at home. Run up the score, pile the pressure on a losing team. Even if McFadden has a nice day, there is plenty of sack/takeaway potential.

2. Cards. Fitz is a turnover machine and these guys play much better at home. Patrick Peterson hasn't taken one to the house yet...

3. Dolphins. The Rams have no threat in the passing game and Miami's top ranked run defense can contain SJax.

4. Bengals. Figures to be another high scoring game, lots of turnover potential. Weeden is always good for an INT or two.

5. Rams. I think Miami will have too much for them.

6. Bucs. I would even take the Chiefs D over them. Yes, Quinn is starting but this team has the hottest RB in the league right now, they will have the greater time of possession and more scoring opportunities.

The Raiders have only 3 turnovers and 5 sacks so far.

Only the Texans are better in that department so I'm not very high on the Falcons D

any ideas for week 7 [sorry] ?

looking pretty bleak for streamers.

I'm sticking with Bengals defense this week, hoping they do well before I decide to drop them when someone else in my league drops a defense with a good matchup next.

I have the Pats D @ Sea this week, I bet you can feel my pain. Over in the free agent pool sits the Rams D @ Mia this week. Should I pick up and start the Rams instead of the Pats?

Notice to all considering the RAMS this week ...

If you haven't scooped them yet; I'd suggest looking elsewhere ... not because Miami is a juggernaut, but because the next 2 weeks are vs. Green Bay and New England.

Essentially renting them for a week, cuz after those two tough matchups, they go on their bye.

If there are other similar options out there, look into them ... and save some money.

I have the Pats D @ Sea this week, I bet you can feel my pain.

what pain? wilson should be good for a couple of INTs

Hmmm. I have Arizona's D, but the Patriots D is still sitting there on the waiver wire. Not sure what to do because I don't carry 2 defeneses, but I want to carry one I can play for awhile.

Hmmm. I have Arizona's D, but the Patriots D is still sitting there on the waiver wire. Not sure what to do because I don't carry 2 defeneses, but I want to carry one I can play for awhile.

i'd much rather have the patriots' d for awhile than 'zona's

Im starting the Bengals over the Packers D this week. The guy im facing has Schaub, so I kinda wanted to start the Packers just to go head to head, but im expecting Foster to eat up the clock easily in that game. Do you guys think Bengals are the better play this week too?