Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

How good is Denver dst? Worth the risk of picking them up during a bye?

I've been playing the Steelers defense...And getting tired of their lack of sacks, turnovers, etc.....

I grabbed the Broncos defense....but still need somebody this week...

Stick with the Steelers at Cinn or grab the Raiders?

I tried the Raiders one other game this year against the Dolphins in what was supposed to be a good matchup....Didn't work out too well.

I'm kinda leaning toward them for the next two weeks though....Expecting them to finally become useful with Jags and Chiefs...Can't get much better....

How good is Denver dst? Worth the risk of picking them up during a bye?

Last week's success was due more to Rivers sucking and throwing pick 6's then Denver's DST being THAT good.

Ironically, if I were to pick a defense up during their BYE (which I'm actually planning on doing), I would pic up the Chargers. Very soft schedule coming up.

Thinking about dropping Akers, but not sure. He's had some misses so far, and won't match last year's output. Not even close. I don't know what to make of SF's offense going forward.

Is he feeling well with a game tomorrow night? Hartley and Gould are free agents, and Gould has a nicer schedule.

Gould's playoff schedule (GB, @ARI, @DET) lines up nicely (except for GB) for weather/dome.

Thinking about dropping Akers, but not sure. He's had some misses so far, and won't match last year's output. Not even close. I don't know what to make of SF's offense going forward.

Is he feeling well with a game tomorrow night? Hartley and Gould are free agents, and Gould has a nicer schedule.

Gould's playoff schedule (GB, @ARI, @DET) lines up nicely (except for GB) for weather/dome.

Same here. Akers has cost me two wins. Its amazing how easily he misses field goals these days.

Drop Justin Tucker (Bal) for Hanson (Det)?

I would. Ride him ROS since the Lion's bye is over.

You guys thinkg Gould is a good pickup for a bye kicker?

For defense, I'm not liking Bengals this week b/c they're playing against my QB and I got burn last time I played a defense same as my offensive player. I got into the negatives.

I'm hoping to get GB defense but I doubt I'll get it since I got last ww claim (resets each week). So I'm thinking Raiders, Jax, or Browns.

So which defense would be better this week? Raiders, Jax, or Browns?

Gould is solid as a staring kicker let alone a bye.

Dropped the Eagles on their BYE for the Raiders in my 14 teamer.

YOLO

Raiders look like a trap to me.

Jaguars suck on offense but Raiders didn't have a INT until last week and they only have 4 sacks.

What about the Panthers D?

Romo is turnover machine and I have a sneaky feeling Felix will not run that good this week.

picking up NE against Jets this week.. what do you think?

New England is a great play this week. I wish they were available in my league. I think there is a pretty solid chance of a pick 6 from Sanchez when he is forced to play catch-up all game.

Seattle a good play tonight? They aren't the same team on the road, but the DST put up 18 points in my league in Week 5 @CAR, but only 7 @STL in week 4.

picking up NE against Jets this week.. what do you think?

New England is a great play this week. I wish they were available in my league. I think there is a pretty solid chance of a pick 6 from Sanchez when he is forced to play catch-up all game.

Seattle a good play tonight? They aren't the same team on the road, but the DST put up 18 points in my league in Week 5 @CAR, but only 7 @STL in week 4.

agreed, thats what i thought too thats why i went ahead and grabbed em before they were gone. i usually play def on a week to week basis by whats available. i think im gonna stick with em.

Seattle tonight im 50/50 on. They are playing against San Fran at home and they are going to come out swinging after their loss last week. But, on the other side of that, I expect Seattle to do well against them. They have over 15 sacks already this year, and are pretty good at stopping the run game which the 49ers seem to rely a lot on. If i were you, I would take my chances and roll with them.

Browns or Bills?

Currently have the Bills (against the Titans), but I'm leaning towards the Browns (against the Colts), with Haden back.

I'm a little worried, with how well the Titans played last week. Not to mention, the Bills are horrible against the run (and pass, to be frank), which is the perfect recipe for disaster against someone like Chris Johnson. Surprisingly, they also have a good amount of WRs who could produce.

Will Akers be in a kicking battle tonight? I hate Thurs. night games for skill positions. Gould has three nice match-ups now, but Akers has like 11 for 16 attempts to Gould's 10 for 10. Even though Gould is perfect, and consistent,

Akers seems to be getting the opportunities, but has started missing from 40+ yards recently. He's 2-7 from 40+ the last 4 games.