Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

Akers gets plenty of FG opportunities, and that's the most the important factor in selecting a kicker. He just needs to score them, which he hasn't been doing lately. Tonight should be a defensive struggle, and Akers will be relied upon to put the points on the board.

I am tempted to drop him, but I remember him going on a tear the last time i did that (2010). Best kicker in the league, gotta have a little bit of patience.

been reading a lot of people touting the raiders vs jax. hard to argue with the opponent and raiders actually looked decent against a tough atl team.

I'm rolling with Oakland for 2 weeks, next week they face Kansas City as well. hoping their defense has turned a corner after almost beating atl last week.

Do you think it would be wise to sit a good Defense like Seattle for Oakland this week?

Akers gets plenty of FG opportunities, and that's the most the important factor in selecting a kicker. He just needs to score them, which he hasn't been doing lately. Tonight should be a defensive struggle, and Akers will be relied upon to put the points on the board.

I am tempted to drop him, but I remember him going on a tear the last time i did that (2010). Best kicker in the league, gotta have a little bit of patience.

The attempts are like targets for a WR, and he's getting them. Only Gostkowski, Walsh, Hanson, Legatron, and Tynes have more attempts. If he doesn't do adequately tonight, I can drop him on Monday and pickup Gould as a FA before he plays Mon. night.

Defense is such slim pickens this week in my league that I think I'm forced to roll with Oakland. The only other reasonable option seems to be Pittsburgh, but they stink fantasy-wise and Cinci can score.

Is Miami a nice stash during their bye week?

they have a nice schedule coming up.

Im thinking Oak is a boom or bust play this week, either will net you 2 pts or 16...hopefully the ladder. :ph34r:

I haven't had much luck with streaming D's at all this year, none of them has score more than double digit points for me lol. Can't believe i'm left to starting OAK or DAL.

Ugh.

DAL vs Scam Newton seems to be the "safe" play and OAK vs Jax seems to be the cute pick.. i dunno.

OAK vs JAX

or

ARZ @ MIN?

I have the same dilemma

AZ owner here & thinking about OAK as well. For as well as OAK played last week they still finished middle of the pack defense wise in my league. I do agree OAK is a boom or bust pick this week.

I think it comes down to how the rest of your team shapes up for the week. If you're the "favorite" it might be safe rolling with AZ who should have a decent game. If you're the "underdog" the potential reward could be worth the risk with OAK.

Guest JimmyGs

NYG .... Something tells me that Wilson is gonna bring one to the house this weekend.

I hope two!! Playing against RG Negative 3.

I have both Akers, and Greg The Leg on my roster right now. I hate keeping two kickers, who is the better option going forward for the rest of the season?

Guest JimmyGs

I have both Akers, and Greg The Leg on my roster right now. I hate keeping two kickers, who is the better option going forward for the rest of the season?

The Leg has great strength and has never missed a home field FG. Good schedule coming up and STL is still able to move the ball pretty well just not score.

anybody dropping Akers? another meh game

I'm thinking about dropping Akers Monday for Gould before he gets put on waivers for MNF. The other side of the coin, is that it was Seattle, and Akers got his two attempts (made them both). He's been averaging 2.5 attempts per game this season, so opportunity isn't the issue.

Should I keep riding Blair Walsh or drop him for Robbie Gould?

Im a fan of Walsh. He gets a ton of attempts, 4 in the first quarter last week.

As a ARZ owner...think i'll jump the ship to OAK

the Cards face the 49ers and GB the next two weeks,meanwhile the Raiders get JAX and KC

As a ARZ owner...think i'll jump the ship to OAK

the Cards face the 49ers and GB the next two weeks,meanwhile the Raiders get JAX and KC

Yeah I'm thinking of doing the same, I will add Oakland for this week, but I'll probably hold onto Cards for weeks 12, 13 and 14, they play Rams, Jets and Seahawks then.

After this week, who do you like ROS: Bryant or Hanson?

Both playing indoors, I like Hanson though because Atlanta's offense seems to convert more red zone opportunities into touchdowns