Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

predator_05

2012 Streaming Defense & Kicker Thread

I have the Cards right now.....Looking at the D/ST rankings....everyone has the Cards in the top 5 this week @MIN...any reason why they are rated that high vs MIN? do their OLine suck or something? AP/Harvin/Rudolph/Simpson

I was thinking about picking up the Raiders but everyone has the Raiders in the 15-20 range while the Cards are top 5

I just can't pull the trigger on the Raiders, it feels like a trap.

What about the Bills this week?

Chargers for the next few weeks have a nice schedule.

I have the Cards right now.....Looking at the D/ST rankings....everyone has the Cards in the top 5 this week @MIN...any reason why they are rated that high vs MIN? do their OLine suck or something? AP/Harvin/Rudolph/Simpson

I was thinking about picking up the Raiders but everyone has the Raiders in the 15-20 range while the Cards are top 5

arizona is loaded with playmakers on the defensive side of the ball. pretty simple reason why theyre ranked top 5

As a ARZ owner...think i'll jump the ship to OAK

the Cards face the 49ers and GB the next two weeks,meanwhile the Raiders get JAX and KC

Yeh, ditto here but I am jumping ship and boarding the Colts D.

Laugh all you want but when they end up with 3 picks, 4 sacks and a TD, you will say huh, that rotdr is alright.

Would you drop Akers for Gould? I can do that tomorrow morning before he goes on waivers. I don't know if it will really matter in the long run. It's not like we're talking Legatron, or anything. :)

Akers kicking in dome next week. I also read somewhere that he had a stomach virus recently. I am holding.

I think Cards may be ok against 9ers, meaning anywhere from 9-11 pts. But GB, bye, ATL...scary matchups. I may roll with my Cards D, but after SF, I think I'm going with Denver (after a week 8 Saints matchup, their schedule gets VERY tasty).

Sticking with GB against Jax this upcoming weekend.

I'm thinking of picking Matt Bryant back as my kicker, but not sure if I should just stick with Gould. I guess I'll see how Gould does tonight.

I have AZ, but dont like their next couple of matchups... ATL was dropped due to bye week and DEN is also available. I'm planning on rostering two DSTs here on out, who do you like better to pair with AZ for the rest of the season?

ATL or DEN?

other notable DSTs: SD, STL

Keep rolling with the Vikings D this Thursday against J. Freeman and a Bucs team that has been doing pretty good?

which d/st do you like ros?

atlanta

denver

san diego

Cardinals vs SF or Chargers vs Cle?

Again I have a feeling I should keep the Cards in the lineup because Chargers feel like a trap.

Keep rolling with the Vikings D this Thursday against J. Freeman and a Bucs team that has been doing pretty good?

Part of me knows Thursday games end up being a defensive goldmine...

Packers week 2 - 18 points

Giants week 3 - 16 points

Ravens week 4 - 12 points

Rams week 5 - 18 points

49ers week 7 - 11 points

Vikings are good at forcing turnovers. 10 on the year and 3 TDs and Josh Freeman is good for giving them up (8 in 7 games). Josh Freeman also has given up 8 sacks in 7 games. The problem comes with the fact that TB has been a decent scoring defense so most of their points are going to have to come from turnovers and sacks.

I think I like NE vs STL better this week.

Kickers I'm considering:

Stick with Lawrence Tynes vs Dallas

-or-

Suisham vs WAS

Mason Crosby vs JAC

Matt Prater vs NO

Adam Vinatieri @ TEN

Rob Bironas vs IND

For Defense:

Sticking with the Packers vs JAC, but I'm seriously considering grabbing MIA for ROS after that. Look at this schedule:

@NYJ @IND TEN @BUF SEA NE @SF JAC

BUF

Or the DET, who is @ JAC next week.

Currently have NYG...

Do I roll with them, or stream to someone else?

- DEN (tough week vs. NO but love their ROS afterward)

- NYJ (Mia)

- MIA (Jets)

- ATL (Eagles)

Thanks!

Looking for another Defense with the Ravens woes (plus they're on bye) and Cowboys, who aren't bad in real life but just doesn't get fantasy points.

Much to my surprise, Miami is on waivers right now so I'm considering picking them up, maybe even #1 on my waiver wire (over Rashad Jennings). See Trifecta's post as to why.

The only thing that makes me reconsider right now is Detroit on waivers, and they're home this week against Seattle (Russell Wilson - 2 TDS: 7 INTS on the road).

What d'ya think? Should I go long term with Miami, or go for the home run this week with Detroit?

Detroit also has Jac in week 9. It's hard to beat those 2 matchups. Tough call, but if you need to win NOW, go detroit. If you are in a comfortable position in your league, go long term with the Dolphins.

I know kickers are a bit of a crapshoot, but I'd like some feedback on who you would take between these:

Tynes @ DAL

Suisham vs WAS

Mason Crosby vs JAC

Matt Prater vs NO

Adam Vinatieri @ TEN

Rob Bironas vs IND

It's hard to go wrong with Tynes, Crosby, or Prater. If I had to chose, I'd say Prater. Crosby isn't bad but that offense is going to be scoring alot more TDS and FGs. And I just think Prater is more clutch than Tynes.

Why is Miami ranked so low for week 8 on RW? Is there something I don't know?

Yeah, here's something you don't know: RW's paid service is a rip off.

I'd start them with confidence coming off a bye.

Yeah I'm baffled someone dropped them in my league, a league which is pretty intense with waivers. Someone seriously must have needed the roster spot and had a very good D starting.

I'm making them my #1 Waiver Pickup over Rashad Jennings, I might be 3-4 but I'm optimistic about my team and I feel like Dolphins D can help me sneak into the playoffs. I just don't trust Cowboys D enough to come off my bench for the rest of the season, and my starting D the Ravens...well...yeah....

I already have Chargers and Cards but I'm thinking of taking the Lions of WW.

Seahawks don't score much points and Lions did sack Cutler 5 times.