Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel187

Who's Better Roy? Stephen Hill, Kevin Ogletree Or Cobb. Whir

I currently have Ogletree but Im thinking Stephen Hill may be a better option...or maybe Cobb....Please help!

Each player has nice upside but plenty of question marks as well:

Ogletree - only the 4th option in the passing game once Witten is healthy, has never shown much in the pros, but 3rd receivers in Dallas have thrived before

Hill - explosive and physical, but apparently very raw and mired in a run-first offense; could overtake Holmes as the #1 option in the passing game and be WR3-worthy or could start making mistakes and get in Rex Ryan's doghouse

Cobb - only the 4th or 5th option in the passing game, but plenty explosive and used in various roles (slot, split out, in the backfield)

Hill has the best opportunity and probably the most pedigree, so I'd consider him the best lottery ticket, but the others have some definite upside as well.

Not sure what "Roy" is, but I'd take Cobb, Hill, and then Ogletree (I'm back and fourth on who to take between Hill and Ogletree)

Rest Of Year

Ogletree probably will get the most looks in the red zone, BUT cobb will probably get most big plays and catches.

Ogletree probably will get the most looks in the red zone, BUT cobb will probably get most big plays and catches.

So no love for Hill? He seems like the clear #2 receiver.

A week ago, he had problems with drops and the Jets only scored 1 TD throughout the pre season.

Ok...now Dexter Jackson is on waivers as well. Is he a better option than the other guys?

Dexter Jackson? Do you mean McCluster? If so, he'd be last on my list.

Dexter Jackson? Do you mean McCluster? If so, he'd be last on my list.

My bad...lol

Yes McCluster

Ogletree - only the 4th option in the passing game once Witten is healthy, has never shown much in the pros, but 3rd receivers in Dallas have thrived before

Hill - explosive and physical, but apparently very raw and mired in a run-first offense; could overtake Holmes as the #1 option in the passing game and be WR3-worthy or could start making mistakes and get in Rex Ryan's doghouse

Cobb - only the 4th or 5th option in the passing game, but plenty explosive and used in various roles (slot, split out, in the backfield)

Hill has the best opportunity and probably the most pedigree, so I'd consider him the best lottery ticket, but the others have some definite upside as well.

This is very well broken down i'm just going to add a couple things. I like cobb, hill, obletree

cobb is on a pass first team and he is elusive. I see victor cruz type run after the pass with this guy. Going to be a big factor

Hill is like a calvin johnson replicia just a little unexperienced. If he can focus he will be huge for sanchez.

obletree had a lucky night he was the odd man out playing against the giants backup, backup, backup cb so i don't see it hapening all the time.

This is very well broken down i'm just going to add a couple things. I like cobb, hill, obletree

cobb is on a pass first team and he is elusive. I see victor cruz type run after the pass with this guy. Going to be a big factor

Hill is like a calvin johnson replicia just a little unexperienced. If he can focus he will be huge for sanchez.

obletree had a lucky night he was the odd man out playing against the giants backup, backup, backup cb so i don't see it hapening all the time.

Very good point you made here. Im sure that most of the Football Fantasy world are debating on these possible "Gold" waiver wire guys. It's a tough call.

One question, is your order (Cobb, Hiil, Ogletree) for a .5 PPR league like mines?

points per reception i would say

hill

cobb

ogletree

i am a giants fan tho so ogletree will always be last in my eyes lol

Crystal Clear, not only that...Hill looks to be Sanchez's favorite target. With Austin Howard now solidifying the OL the Jets Offense looks nothing like the vanilla offense you saw in the preseason. It was explosive while continuing to move the chains. Look for the Sanchez to Stephen Hill combo to continue throughout the season. Especially the Redzone - - both of those TDs were in my endzone. Hoping for many more. :D

Anyway, considering I drafted both Stephen Hill and Randall Cobb, I am interested to see where this debate goes.

Wrote this in another thread before the week:

Being in a deep league my strategy has always been to draft a bunch of young, upside WRs with the expectation of at least one of them breaking out to consistently hold down my WR3 spot.

This years crop:

Kendall Wright: 1st Round pick and favorite target of RGIII, now already looks to be Locker's favorite. Not having Britt in camp and possibility the first few weeks helps a lot, and I have a feeling Locker will remain locked onto Wright even when Britt returns. Think he can have a pretty big year.

Jon Baldwin: Another 1st Round pick in his second year - - signed late then proceeded to break his hand in a fight with Thomas Jones. This year with a full year/camp, along with the lengthly camp hold out of Dwayne Bowe, I think Baldwin certainly has the opportunity and talent, along with a 6-4 frame to breakout in his sophomore season.

Stephen Hill: I'm a complete Jets homer, but having said that...Hill is a physical freak at 6-4, with blasting speed (4.3) and a lot of raw talent. Say what you will about Mark Sanchez and the Jets offense, but the problem really lies with the OL - - that problem seemed to have been fixed with the promotion of Austin Howard over Wayne Hunter. Howard looked pretty awesome in the dress rehearsal, resulting in Sanchez hitting Hill for 5-68 in three quarters (had a bad drop and a would-be TD that Sanchez sailed). Hill also looked more involved than Holmes and will certainly be the red-zone target, a la, Plaxico. Lots to like. Especially once this offense starts to click...AND IT WILL. :angry:

Randall Cobb: Explosive playmaker in an explosive offense, playing with the most explosive QB not named Drew Brees. His talents will be hard to keep off the field - - no possible way Donald Driver or James Jones gets more snaps this year. I just can't see it.

So who do you have for my WR3: Wright, Jon Baldwin, Stephen Hill or Randall Cobb?

WR: Victor Cruz

WR: Denarius Moore

WR: ??????????

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/298677-deep-wr3-wright-jon-baldwin-stephen-hill-randall-cobb/page__fromsearch__1

Played Hill over Denarius at the last moment along with Kendall Wright and reaped the benefits of Hill's 24pt, 2 TD day - - all the while Randall Cobb is running all over the field. He'll be a PPR Monster poised to break a long one every time he touches the ball.

Think the upside is enormous on all three of them (Ogletree included ;) ) and couldn't really put an order on them.

Anyone want to put some predictions down? Lets hear them.

Crystal Clear, not only that...Hill looks to be Sanchez's favorite target. With Austin Howard now solidifying the OL the Jets Offense looks nothing like the vanilla offense you saw in the preseason. It was explosive while continuing to move the chains. Look for the Sanchez to Stephen Hill combo to continue throughout the season. Especially the Redzone - - both of those TDs were in my endzone. Hoping for many more. :D

Anyway, considering I drafted both Stephen Hill and Randall Cobb, I am interested to see where this debate goes.

Being in a deep league my strategy has always been to draft a bunch of young, upside WRs with the expectation of at least one of them breaking out to consistently hold down my WR3 spot.

This years crop:

Kendall Wright: 1st Round pick and favorite target of RGIII, now already looks to be Locker's favorite. Not having Britt in camp and possibility the first few weeks helps a lot, and I have a feeling Locker will remain locked onto Wright even when Britt returns. Think he can have a pretty big year.

Jon Baldwin: Another 1st Round pick in his second year - - signed late then proceeded to break his hand in a fight with Thomas Jones. This year with a full year/camp, along with the lengthly camp hold out of Dwayne Bowe, I think Baldwin certainly has the opportunity and talent, along with a 6-4 frame to breakout in his sophomore season.

Stephen Hill: I'm a complete Jets homer, but having said that...Hill is a physical freak at 6-4, with blasting speed (4.3) and a lot of raw talent. Say what you will about Mark Sanchez and the Jets offense, but the problem really lies with the OL - - that problem seemed to have been fixed with the promotion of Austin Howard over Wayne Hunter. Howard looked pretty awesome in the dress rehearsal, resulting in Sanchez hitting Hill for 5-68 in three quarters (had a bad drop and a would-be TD that Sanchez sailed). Hill also looked more involved than Holmes and will certainly be the red-zone target, a la, Plaxico. Lots to like. Especially once this offense starts to click...AND IT WILL. :angry:

Randall Cobb: Explosive playmaker in an explosive offense, playing with the most explosive QB not named Drew Brees. His talents will be hard to keep off the field - - no possible way Donald Driver or James Jones gets more snaps this year. I just can't see it.

So who do you have for my WR3: Wright, Jon Baldwin, Stephen Hill or Randall Cobb?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?/topic/298677-deep-wr3-wright-jon-baldwin-stephen-hill-randall-cobb/page__fromsearch__1

Played Hill over Denarius at the last moment along with Kendall Wright and reaped the benefits of Hill's 24pt, 2 TD day - - all the while Randall Cobb is running all over the field. He'll be a PPR Monster poised to break a long one every time he touches the ball.

Think the upside is enormous on all three of them (Ogletree included ;) ) and couldn't really put an order on them.

This is awesome stuff!!

I think I will give it a one week rehearsal and see who plays best next week. Then I will choose.

But both Cobb and Hill sound very intriguing.

This years crop:

This is awesome stuff!!

I think I will give it a one week rehearsal and see who plays best next week. Then I will choose.

But both Cobb and Hill sound very intriguing.

They'll both be gone. Guaranteed. Snooze you Lose.

Yeah, I'm impressed. Homer or no, good call on starting Hill. That's Ballsy.

I'd go with Hill, Ogletree, then Cobb.

As much as I don't like M. Sanchez, Shonn Greene is just as bad. Ogletree can get a lot of opportunities as L. Robinson did last year. Too many options in GB for me to rank Cobb higher.

Your perspective would be appreciated for my other post: http://forums.rotowo...5-ppr-100-whir/

I'd just like to point out that Cobb is a return man too, so if you are in a league where you get points for return yards/td's Cobb's value goes up a bit. The .5 PPR makes Cobb a little more attractive too. Hill never caught more than 6 passes in a game in college (albeit in a run heavy offense)... I am also looking at these 3 guys and am going to put my waivers in as Cobb, Hill, Ogle... That said, I think Hill's upside is the best, it will be interesting to see if he builds on yesterdays performance and has a huge season.

I'd just like to point out that Cobb is a return man too, so if you are in a league where you get points for return yards/td's Cobb's value goes up a bit. The .5 PPR makes Cobb a little more attractive too. Hill never caught more than 6 passes in a game in college (albeit in a run heavy offense)... I am also looking at these 3 guys and am going to put my waivers in as Cobb, Hill, Ogle... That said, I think Hill's upside is the best, it will be interesting to see if he builds on yesterdays performance and has a huge season.

We don't get points for returned yards, but we to get 6 points for returned touchdowns.

I think I will drop Ogletree for Cobb tonight...I cant snooze on this one.

Yeah, I'm impressed. Homer or no, good call on starting Hill. That's Ballsy.

You want Ballsy? I also started Martellus Bennett over Finley. Worked out fine. Each got a TD. 12pts to 14pts.