Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Any commishes here?

In one league, one owner has started an injured player (Boldin) for two consecutive weeks. I overlooked the first time - things happen. But after this second time, I approached him and kindly asked him to explain why he's doing what he's doing. I got this response: "I'll be dammed if I ever have to explain anything to you, as if you're something important." He then preceeded to dare me to replace him and he also threatened to quit on his own. I didn't want to go that far - yet - but how much longer of a leash would you have with this guy? This is a partial keeper league (4 keepers per).

And no, he never offered to explain himself, didn't apologize etc.

In one league, one owner has started an injured player (Boldin) for two consecutive weeks. I overlooked the first time - things happen. But after this second time, I approached him and kindly asked him to explain why he's doing what he's doing. I got this response: "I'll be dammed if I ever have to explain anything to you, as if you're something important." He then preceeded to dare me to replace him and he also threatened to quit on his own. I didn't want to go that far - yet - but how much longer of a leash would you have with this guy? This is a partial keeper league (4 keepers per).

And no, he never offered to explain himself, didn't apologize etc.

I'd just replace him...

I'd just replace him...

On what grounds, the injured player starting for 2 straight weeks, or that attitude?

On what grounds, the injured player starting for 2 straight weeks, or that attitude?

The attitude. He can start whoever he wants as long as it's not collusion, but with that attitude, he's gonna be trouble down the line...You don't want to play with people you can't have fun with anyways.

Well I don't see how starting injured players is ever a good thing.

That's none of your business, though. I have a team in my league who started 2 bye week QBs this week, because he hasn't been paying attention. Not my problem...

I'd be interested in hearing exactly what you said to him, though. Sounds like you may not have been as kind as you let on.

My opinion is if he paid money for the league and he is just constantly doing it (not just against certain teams that he is friends with) then that is his own damn problem....Everyone who plays him at that time gets the advantage and he is just hurting himself and wasting his money....better then playing a bye week guy b/c boldin has had a chance to play these last two weeks going into the weekend....He may just not be a diehard who goes on PC everyday and looks at updates...no reason to bounce him...IMO

That's none of your business, though. I have a team in my league who started 2 bye week QBs this week, because he hasn't been paying attention. Not my problem...

I'd be interested in hearing exactly what you said to him, though. Sounds like you may not have been as kind as you let on.

I just asked to explain why he has used Boldin (hurt) two weeks in a row. I said I let it slide last week, but after 2 weeks, there has to be an explanation.

My opinion is if he paid money for the league and he is just constantly doing it (not just against certain teams that he is friends with) then that is his own damn problem....Everyone who plays him at that time gets the advantage and he is just hurting himself and wasting his money....better then playing a bye week guy b/c boldin has had a chance to play these last two weeks going into the weekend....He may just not be a diehard who goes on PC everyday and looks at updates...no reason to bounce him...IMO

Agreed. He hasn't really done anything to warrant getting kicked out of the league.

I just asked to explain why he has used Boldin (hurt) two weeks in a row. I said I let it slide last week, but after 2 weeks, there has to be an explanation.

Yeah, it sounds like you asked for it a little bit. It's none of your business who he plays as long as he's not cheating.

Why does there have to be an explanation?

Yeah, it sounds like you asked for it a little bit. It's none of your business who he plays as long as he's not cheating.

Well, as commish... if there is one thing I'm responsible for, it's that everyone has full lineups every week. The integrity of the league goes out the door otherwise.

I would put a replacement in his lineup after the first week.

Unless you are doing something like that to move yourself intentionally up or down for playoff seeding it shouldnt be allowed to happen.

Well, as commish... if there is one thing I'm responsible for, it's that everyone has full lineups every week. The integrity of the league goes out the door otherwise.

Actually, that's the last thing you're responsible for. The only thing you're really responsible for is to make sure no one cheats and to take care of logistical issues.

He did have a full lineup...you said Boldin was in....He was not ruled out til right before the game and maybe he doesn't feel like dropping one of his other players to pick up a bye week WR...not that big of deal..

He did have a full lineup...you said Boldin was in....He was not ruled out til right before the game and maybe he doesn't feel like dropping one of his other players to pick up a bye week WR...not that big of deal..

Full as in no injured or bye weekers. It's not a big deal unless it continues, but I didn't want to resort to booting anyone.

Dang man, you seem to be on a bit of a power trip here. Your job as commish is to make sure everyone plays fair that's it.

Full as in no injured or bye weekers. It's not a big deal unless it continues, but I didn't want to resort to booting anyone.

I don't understand why you care. If he wants to put in all injured players, then he'll reap what he sows -- last place.

Dang man, you seem to be on a bit of a power trip here. Your job as commish is to make sure everyone plays fair that's it.

Agreed.

I don't understand why you care. If he wants to put in all injured players, then he'll reap what he sows -- last place.

I just noticed in you sig that you absolutely bent people over in those trades...lmao

Maybe it's something I get from the leagues I come from, but don't run. Starting injureds or bye weekers is frowned upon in those leagues.

Maybe it's something I get from the leagues I come from, but don't run. Starting injureds or bye weekers is frowned upon in those leagues.

BOLDIN WAS A GAME TIME DECISION,....IT IS NOT LIKE HE STARTED CADDILLAC WILLIAMS THIS WEEK WHO IS ON IR....

I just noticed in you sig that you absolutely bent people over in those trades...lmao

I'm esp. happy with the Jacobs trade. The guy basically decided he was completely worthless once he got injured, so I said...I'll "upgrade" you at RB if you upgrade me at WR.

The other trades were just me taking advantage of people who autodrafted and needed to fill roster spots after the computer drafted them 3 defenses or something else completely dumb.

I would be careful with this situation. I myself have started Javon Walker the last two weeks in one of my leagues because I don't want to drop any of the players I have on my roster. The teams I played the last couple of weeks looked beatable to me even with a zero at my WR position. He may be in the same boat as me.