Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Serge Ibaka 2012-2013 Season Outlook

Sup fellas, just traded him to my team.

Hoping for a prosperous year :D

Just curious, what did you trade to get Ibaka?

Sup fellas, just traded him to my team.

Hoping for a prosperous year :D

Just curious, what did you trade to get Ibaka?

Asik + Pierce

How did i do?

Wow really nice trade.. I'm sure the other owner is regretting it already.. It's pretty amazing watching him improve his game every year.. The Harden trade has benefit Ibaka greatly.. He might even be a top 5 pick next year.l

Highway robbery. I can't believe the leagues some of y'all play in lol

Nah, my leagues pretty switched on and I would hate to play with an overzealous GM/league.

I think all trades should be allowed unless its blatantly lopsided.

I am one of the sceptics (not too many of us) that does not like Ibaka in fantasy this year.

If you drafted Ibaka, why did you do it?

I did it for blocks, and he is averaging 0.7 blocks less while playing 4 more minutes. 69 blocks so far. Four games with double digit rebounds. Eight games with 6 rebounds or less.

His percentages are nice, but dude has 7 assists and 5 steals this year.

Larry Sanders has 20 assists and 15 steals in 7 minutes less per game. And did I mention he also has 63 blocks.

For someone who was drafted in first 3 rounds I am expecting more, either contribute in more than 4 categories or be dominant in at least one.

In my opinion, Ibaka is becoming better real life player than fantasy player. He is turning into a glue guy on the team, not hurting you in any category but not really being difference maker.

I think so far his fantasy season is disappointment, my expectations have been higher (in other words I expected more blocks).

I wasn't winning blocks, even with Ibaka and Cousins (another disapointment)on my team. That is why I traded him for a guy that averages 15.5 pts, 9.1 reb, 3.3 ast, 1.5 st and 0.7 blocs from PF position

I am one of the sceptics (not too many of us) that does not like Ibaka in fantasy this year.

I did it for blocks, and he is averaging 0.7 blocks less while playing 4 more minutes. 69 blocks so far. Four games with double digit rebounds. Eight games with 6 rebounds or less.

Larry Sanders has 20 assists and 15 steals in 7 minutes less per game. And did I mention he also has 63 blocks.

For someone who was drafted in first 3 rounds I am expecting more, either contribute in more than 4 categories or be dominant in at least one.

In my opinion, Ibaka is becoming better real life player than fantasy player. He is turning into a glue guy on the team, not hurting you in any category but not really being difference maker.

I think so far his fantasy season is disappointment, my expectations have been higher (in other words I expected more blocks).

I wasn't winning blocks, even with Ibaka and Cousins (another disapointment)on my team. That is why I traded him for a guy that averages 15.5 pts, 9.1 reb, 3.3 ast, 1.5 st and 0.7 blocs from PF position

Serious? <_<

I get what youre saying, but damn.

Highway robbery. I can't believe the leagues some of y'all play in lol

Nah, my leagues pretty switched on and I would hate to play with an overzealous GM/league.

I think all trades should be allowed unless its blatantly lopsided.

Your league is a joke if you got Ibaka for Asik + Pierce,

He's leading the league in blocks, and his positive fg% impact is 4th overall (according to BBM) over guys like Blake, Horford, and Bosh. You are probably discrediting how good 14.6ppg at 58.4% FG% is.

Yup exactly. Anyone who doesn't think Ibaka is worth his 1st round value is clueless in how to evaluate fantasy players. He's incredible in Blocks, FG%, and turnovers. His FT% is also really good for a big (he won't keep up his 82% or whatever but he should be around 70-75 on low attempts), his rebounds are fine, his ppg is fine, and his steals (should be around .4-.5 this year, has run bad here) are fine for a shot blocker.

I wish he'd provide a little more on the boards, but his percentages have been phenomenal.

Only two other players in the league are blocking as many shots per game as Ibaka (keep in mind I wrote "as many", and didn't add "or more than",

Neither of them come close in percentages or scoring. Neither of them are averaging any more than 1/2 a rebound more than him and one averages less. Neither of them would think about taking a 3, much less making it.

To me, Ibaka is an elite player.

5 things I found odd about this post:

1. You said you drafted Ibaka for blocks, and then proceed to complain about his low assists and steals.

2. Of course, you also do complain about his blocks, despite him being tied for league leader for block average, and being the league leader for block totals.

3. It seems like you view his incredibly elite percentages for a big man as an unacceptable compensation for his dip in rebounding rate.

4. His rebounding rate is only 0.9 boards behind last season's, anyway. And for the record, his blocks are only 0.7 behind last season's, too.

5. For someone drafted in the first 3 rounds yet is ranked #9 overall, you still want more.

Only two other players in the league are blocking as many shots per game as Ibaka (keep in mind I wrote "as many", and didn't add "or more than",

Neither of them come close in percentages or scoring. Neither of them are averaging any more than 1/2 a rebound more than him and one averages less. Neither of them would think about taking a 3, much less making it.

To me, Ibaka is an elite player.

I think this is the key. Ibaka gives you elite blocks and helps in other categories. He has moved into first round status for future drafts. Outside of Lebron, Durant and, maybe Paul, there are few players who are as much of a difference maker on a roster as he is.

I would never give up Paul Pierce AND Asik for Ibaka. I am in a 7 cat league with no FG% or TO's so im not sure if that is factoring much into you guys' decision.

At the same time if I got Paul Pierce and Asik for Ibaka I wouldn't give him up either. Ibaka and Smoove are my block brigade and i built my team around that.

So i guess its very situational.

He should have been credited with an assist last night.

I remember him being down low and passing to Durant who promptly made a 3.

Robbed!

I think he smacked Kaman in the head and they must have credited him with a block on that shot, so the universe is evening out.

I'm trying to get Ibaka in my league. He is the best glue guy in the league IMO. Awesome percentages and elite blocks. Can't think of a big man I'd rather have.

I'm trying to get Ibaka in my league. He is the best glue guy in the league IMO. Awesome percentages and elite blocks. Can't think of a big man I'd rather have.

Only other guy I would consider comparable is Joakim Noah. Luckily I have both :D

Only other guy I would consider comparable is Joakim Noah. Luckily I have both :D

nice

Last night vs Lakers, he headed to the locker room during the 3rd quarter, and didn't return in the blowout.

Anyone see what happened? Haven't seen any updates on injuries...might be nuthin...

nice

What about Marc Gasol? Elite %'s, great assists from a big, and blocks too.