Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

John Wall 2012-2013 Season Outlook

I wasted a pick on him, got too greedy with the potential for a ridiculous amount of steals and assists. I think I ****** up big time.

Is it work holding onto this guy?

I would say no. There is literally NEVER any news about his injury. They are keeping the lid on what his injury is. Something tells me its extremely bad.

Well, I just dropped him for Shved. I dont think Wall returns soon, and when he does he will be all rusty and bad. I feel like we will not see the real John Wall until March or April, hopefully.

Well, I just dropped him for Shved. I dont think Wall returns soon, and when he does he will be all rusty and bad. I feel like we will not see the real John Wall until March or April, hopefully.

disagree. I think you made a huge mistake here. Rubio is back which will surely hurt shved's mediocre value

(note that i do like shved for the future) and wall will be back soon. The wizards are just being extremely careful with their only good player

Yeah might be a mistake, but Kawhi is still on the board and I will be picking him up soon. Im in need of 3s,rebs and stls with good %s and low TOs, and John Wall can only help me in 2cats out of the 6cats and thats steals and FT%, everything else its Kawhi. Wall doesnt shoot 3s and still has a pretty lousy FG% with lots of TOs. Last year he averaged 4 TOs per game, and thats when he was healthy, how many is he going to avg this year with the rustiness and that knee injury, 5 TOs per game? No thanks. Lets face it he doesnt have a fantasy-friendly game especially for 9cats, and had only 4 3s the whole of last season, and im not willing to wait any longer for injured players to be healthy again because I already have plenty of those in my roster, atleast Kawhi will be back next week.

Y'all should watch the video of Wall going one on one with some top ranked player he obviously has a history with. The trash talk turns into a 1 on 1 match that shows him dunking on the guy who plays center. Not to mention in sweats and unlaced shoes lol.

I can totally see the report tomorrow about him still being "weeks away from practice" or something as vague as that headline. The best news we could hope for at this point is that his injury isn't worse than what was initially reported.

I'm not holding my breath with tomorrow. I see it coming out as "Shows improvement, will be close to returning to practice, re-evaluated in 2 weeks" as the best case scenario. Worst case being "Sent out for further testing". The Wizards suck, with or without him, so they have no reason to rush him back unless he's 100%. Might as well tank, get a high pick, and see what they can do next year.

Where did you guys get this news that he will be re-evaluated today?

The lack of specific injury is a little concerning. We know he has a problem with his left patella. Is it the bone, the cartilage or the tendon?

The number of young players with unspecified knee ailments is just mind blowing...Granger, Gordon, Wall. You know they have a knee problem but no one is really saying what the problem is. I wonder how much of this uncertainty is due to poor training habits.

If I were the Wizards, I wouldn't be happy about the video of Wall going one-on-one with the high school kid. That couldn't have been the best thing for his training to recover from an injury.

Crossing fingers, just traded Demar Derozan to acquire Wall yesterday...

haha, I did exactly that same trade a few weeks ago. Cannot wait to see if the wait pays off (fingers and legs crossed)!

Where did you guys get this news that he will be re-evaluated today?

John Wall will have his left knee examined on Friday.

The Wizards will be hoping to have a timetable following the examination, so that will be an important day for fantasy owners. Bradley Beal and Jordan Crawford have been turning a nice profit with so many backcourt players hurt and should be owned in standard leagues until further notice. Broussard reports that the Wizards won't let Wall play until he's 100 percent healthy, but we already knew that. Dec 12 - 9:35 PM

Interesting article that suggests things may not be good (pasted below). The problem is, no one really knows til' another plan is put in place. Eagerly awaiting the news:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/wizards-john-wall-will-have-knee-re-examined-as-concern-grows-over-injury/2012/12/13/2d2b15a6-457c-11e2-8e70-e1993528222d_story.html?wprss=rss_wizards

I don't think we have any clarity here given that a time table was not given.