Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

John Wall 2012-2013 Season Outlook

Hmmm this actually seems better than what I thought was going to happen.

I think the big thing here is that this was the last of his injections. I think they reached the point where he has no real choice except to push it and see if he can play now. Otherwise I would imagine he would need some sort of surgical procedure.

*sigh* It still pretty vague though.

Hmmm this actually seems better than what I thought was going to happen.

I think the big thing here is that this was the last of his injections. I think they reached the point where he has no real choice except to push it and see if he can play now. Otherwise I would imagine he would need some sort of surgical procedure.

*sigh* It still pretty vague though.

Spot on

Good news but still no timetable. Seems like we gotta hold on but if there's news of a setback I gotta let him go

Id take Colison for him at this point.

^ no way. If you waited this long what's another two weeks? Who knows.. He may pull a Love and play next week out of nowhere

I'm getting tired f this crap. Starting to wonder if he's worth it holding?

He doesn't shoot threes, nor is he a great FT shooter.

I didn't draft him I added him from WW around 2-3 weeks ago.

Dude is not a good fantasy player, not sure why people are so high on him and even stashing him for so long.

you added him with your WW so why are you whining lol drop him or keep him... no idea how hes chilling on a waiver wire

To the people that complain he doesn't provide 3s, the guy avg 0.9 blk last season. That's is crazy for a PG. I can get 3's from the ww easily, but to get elite ast and stl plus a blk is impossible.

Dude is not a good fantasy player, not sure why people are so high on him and even stashing him for so long.

I know 'good' is relative but you don't know what you're talking about if you don't think he's worth stashing on the basis of his potential, not health.

If Rubio and Wall were to come back at the same time and I get to stash one of them, I'd definitely pick Wall. Don't give me that low fg% crap. Rubio isn't exactly a world-class shooter.

To the people that complain he doesn't provide 3s, the guy avg 0.9 blk last season. That's is crazy for a PG. I can get 3's from the ww easily, but to get elite ast and stl plus a blk is impossible.

Don't forget rebounds. One of the best rebounding PG's and is a triple-double threat.

There are some big time haters in here. This kid is money when playing. Assist, Steals, Rebounds, and blocks. You cant get that in one player of the WW. Stop the trollin fellas. :lol:

Wall also provide ftm for leagues that counts that too. That is why I am holding!

Wall being "overrated" fantasy-wise is up for debate I suppose, but what I do know is that after holding him for this long, if I added his 8ast/4.5reb/1.5stl/1blk per game to my weekly totals I'd have been winning a lot more weeks than I have so far.

People argue against his %s and lack of 3's, but his 78% FT's wouldn't be hurting me right now. His 41% FG might have weeks where it really hurts me, but he's also capable of going on nice shooting runs over a few games as well. I think of it as a coin toss, and I'm okay with that.

I know I related this to my own personal scenario, but I figure it provides an example in which Wall stands to do much more good than harm on a roster. Obviously it won't apply to all cases, but again considering how close some of my weeks have been in Reb/Ast/Stl/Blk I can't WAIT to have him back.

you added him with your WW so why are you whining lol drop him or keep him... no idea how hes chilling on a waiver wire

His owner dropped him about 3 weeks ago and I added with a #5 waiver.

hope he comes back soon. I stashed Rubio and Wall after plucking from WW.

Skimmed a few of the posts after the one that prompted me to respond and I noticed a few of the others before summed up much of what I said myself :P

To that then, is there even much of a debate on Wall being a "good" fantasy player?

If he's deemed to be good, seems silly to question the decision to hang on to him if you just picked him up a couple weeks ago, or if you're the kind of sucker (me) who fantasized that he'd only be out 8 weeks back at the beginning of the season, cause then, what's another 2 weeks? :P

I also grabbed Rubio a week ago myself. The elated feeling of getting Rubio back tonight is making me hang on for the same feeling with Wall :) FG% be damned some weeks haha, the domination in other stats will be worth the occasional shooting slump :P