Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

John Wall 2012-2013 Season Outlook

To the people that complain he doesn't provide 3s, the guy avg 0.9 blk last season. That's is crazy for a PG. I can get 3's from the ww easily, but to get elite ast and stl plus a blk is impossible.

Can't wait for him to be back and start as my pg so I can bench mo williams who is horrible!

That tweet just meant everything to me lol

why? its not like hes coming back tomorrow. Who knows when this fool is coming back.

Dude is not a good fantasy player, not sure why people are so high on him and even stashing him for so long.

I know 'good' is relative but you don't know what you're talking about if you don't think he's worth stashing on the basis of his potential, not health.

If Rubio and Wall were to come back at the same time and I get to stash one of them, I'd definitely pick Wall. Don't give me that low fg% crap. Rubio isn't exactly a world-class shooter.

That's a nice speech and all, but the dude didnt crack top 100 in bball monster last season. He'll hurt you in FG%, TO, 3PT%, and shoots mediocre for a PG at the FT line. The potential to improve might be there, and that's the only thing I see why people would pick him up if they were in deeper leagues.

well it depends on your league setting. in mines he was ranked 5th round last year. 5th round value is great for a ww.

That's a nice speech and all, but the dude didnt crack top 100 in bball monster last season. He'll hurt you in FG%, TO, 3PT%, and shoots mediocre for a PG at the FT line. The potential to improve might be there, and that's the only thing I see why people would pick him up if they were in deeper leagues.

What kind of setting do you have? I'm looking at 9-cat Standard league and he's 87th

Apparently getting his knee tested today, can't wait for updates

Could practice as soon as tomorrow. Me likey.

Wasted half the season stashing him, drafting him a round below his adp, thinking he'd be back in a month. silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

Wasted half the season stashing him, drafting him a round below his adp, thinking he'd be back in a month. silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

Let it be a lesson for you for next year... it sure will be for me. DONT trust injury reports. DONT draft injured players.

People who drafted Wall, Love, Bynum, Dirk, Granger, Amare, and Eric Gordon are NOOOOOT having a good time this season.

that all doesnt sound bery encouraging in my opinion. Still problems, still just trying, still swelling .... Lots of stills. Not sure what to do with him.

Things I gathered from that article: the stress fracture has already been healed but its the cartilage thats holding him back now, the synvisc shot he received on Friday will take couple of days for the swelling to go down enough for him to practice which he says is Wed/Thurs. Once he does practice and he's pain free he'll be good to go soon which I pray is the case for all of us..

I for one plan on unloading him after even a single good game, should he play. This just screams "try it out for a week, realize it's bad & sit out the rest of the season" to me.

I for one plan on unloading him after even a single good game, should he play. This just screams "try it out for a week, realize it's bad & sit out the rest of the season" to me.

same here

Its funny I was just looking at him as a lottery ticket in the league I was able to get him in. Whatever I got from him would be a bonus, but I am going to copy this now. I really had no vision of trading him though, was just gonna enjoy the ride.

I am not looking for an "atta boy" or what an idiot I am for the trade. I am just simply giving an example of what I was able to do with Wall (good or bad) that is up for debate. I traded Wall along with Monta for Conley. Not much on the wire but feel there is enough there to make up the difference and help in areas that Wall may not have been able to have helped.

My team (10 teamer, auction draft, able to keep 3 players from last year at their current auction price, 15 man rosters with a max limit of games):

Conley

Westbrook

Dragic

Rubio

Calderon

Rose

Manu

Metta

JRich

Love

Pau

Horford

Ty Chandler

Tiago

Bismack

This situation is annoying.

Wondering if I should drop and move on.

I would not drop him right now. Try floating some trade offers - 2 for 1 to get an upgrade at a particular position.

it really depends on how your team is doing. I really need a pg great at asts/stls so I'm willing to wait. hope he practices today