Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

John Wall 2012-2013 Season Outlook

wow @ 50/50 progress. The way he put it, it sounded like his career is dependent on whether or not his injury will heal or NEVER. I've learned not to listen not to believe everything what players and coaches have to say about injuries instead we need to read between the lines. This injury really seems like it's gonna take longer to heal. I don't buy the 'ready to ramp up the activity this week' anymore.

Yeah, his interview was a little on the rough side. He didn't choose his words well. I have him on one team and would love for him to come back soon. But, I would much rather he miss the season if it might put his career in jeopardy.

It is a little concerning that he has underlying cartlidge issues that are still causing pain. I wonder why they didn't try to clean that up while he was out.

I think he's saying that it's a 50/50 chance the pain returns once he starts practicing again, if that happens he'll sit out the rest of the season. said he was gonna practice a bit today, still waiting on word how it went. this week is gonna be huge

I think there's a lot of misleading reports. I believe without a question he comes back this year. I also wouldn't be shocked if its by Christmas. I think they're just throwing people of purposely.

I think there's a lot of misleading reports. I believe without a question he comes back this year. I also wouldn't be shocked if its by Christmas. I think they're just throwing people of purposely.

I just dont understand why they would do that. I hope he comes back for the sake of my season. Either that or tell us when he might be coming back, so we can assess the situation and go from there.

They reported he got a lubricating injection friday. And wall stated after todays workout he was 50/50 on how it would respond in terms of swelling pain. It looks like we will know for a few days if this is going to resolve itself quickly or drag out til whenever. At that point it would be anybodys guess.

It sounds like from walls interviews that he doesnt really know either.

If Gordon gets good news this weekend, i'm dropping JW for EG and i'm not a big EG fan at all but i'm missing out on FAs by waiting and Wall doesnt sound too optimistic.

I just dont understand why they would do that. I hope he comes back for the sake of my season. Either that or tell us when he might be coming back, so we can assess the situation and go from there.

franchise player = ticket sales

They reported he got a lubricating injection friday. And wall stated after todays workout he was 50/50 on how it would respond in terms of swelling pain. It looks like we will know for a few days if this is going to resolve itself quickly or drag out til whenever. At that point it would be anybodys guess.

It sounds like from walls interviews that he doesnt really know either.

I just checked out some of the replay on League Pass, and the Wizards broadcast team was commenting, along with one of the team beat writers, that they would be surprised to see Wall on the court before the All-Star Break. They didn't sound remotely optimistic. This is slowly revealing itself as a possible season-ending injury IMO.

Blake Griffin went through the same thing with the same issue in his rookie season and after getting strung along for about two months, Griffin, I believe, had the surgery and missed the whole season. It sounds to me like these injections are wishful thinkings and a last grasp effort to save his season. And with the Wizards record, I'm not sure they're going to be willing to risk much here.

I just don't see enough indication that he'll be shut down. The 50-50 response was to how the swelling would subside and him practicing. I've seen footage of him working out and we've all seen his 1 on 1 video. I don't think if it was potentially season ending injury they would have allowed him to even go 1 on 1 with the dude.

Take your time Mr.Wall. Let me rake in the Crawford assists and points while i still can. That said i doubt Wall gets shut down for the year, i can see an early Feburary return

Shame he's injured--I really liked watching him play. Hopefully he makes it on the court sometime next year

Any news? He was supposef to practice yesterday right?

If Gordon gets good news this weekend, i'm dropping JW for EG and i'm not a big EG fan at all but i'm missing out on FAs by waiting and Wall doesnt sound too optimistic.

im debating the same thing. Im in a 12 teamer with buncha good FA's available. If no good news in next few days and wizards looking like worst team in league, i dunno if they will rush wall back anytime soon is another worry of mine.

was suppose to practice on wednesday and still no news. seems like he didnt even get to practice. It's looking like its time to drop john wall....

Yeah things are getting pretty curious around Wall, but I think you gotta hold a little bit longer to hear something more definitive. Would suck to hear good news a few days later and have him snatched on the wire

I dropped him in a 10-teamer for jkidd, I'm already holding Lowry and Egordon and can't afford to wait his prospects of returning within next couple weeks sound bleak.. best of luck to anyone still holding

i mean what is going on. there were more updates when this guy wasnt supposed to practice. there is no update whatsoever, nothing. strange.

i mean what is going on. there were more updates when this guy wasnt supposed to practice. there is no update whatsoever, nothing. strange.

they will probably come out with a timetable as of next week. I honestly cant see this guy coming back until mid february to be honest and even then who knows if hell be the same. He was an overrated fantasy pg to begin with.

Any news on how his knee responded to that injection last week? I can not find anything. I am thinking that Derrick Rose comes back before Wall.