Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Marcin Gortat 2012-2013 Season Outlook

Now I can finally drop him. I've been wanting to put his ceiling is so high that I didn't want another team getting his production.

Yea I'm wondering if o Neal is a stash now when he comes back from his daughters surgery

Yea I'm wondering if o Neal is a stash now when he comes back from his daughters surgery

Sounds like one

so gortat was interviewed saying this:

"I just heard a pop. I'll be able to play. Well, I say yeah but the doctors say no, I'm out for a few days, maybe weeks."

what does this mean is he still most likely out for an extended period of time?

so gortat was interviewed saying this:

"I just heard a pop. I'll be able to play. Well, I say yeah but the doctors say no, I'm out for a few days, maybe weeks."

what does this mean is he still most likely out for an extended period of time?

Sounds like it will depend on the results of the MRI.

Scola going to get a lot more run now? Or more time for the Morris twinis.

All 3 are available (Neal is owned)

oneal owned over scola? that's a freebie right there!

I think you're going entirely on name recognition here...not to get TOO off topic (although relevant as we're discussing Gortat replacements)...

But Scola is ranked 171 in the last 30 days, 185 in the last 14, and 268 in the last 7.

He's been getting about 9 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 0 threes over the past few weeks...one of the most fantasy UNfriendly and useless games there is.

I was actually the one who dropped him last week, and I'm pretty sure i won't be picking him back up even with Gortat's injury.

I think you're going entirely on name recognition here...not to get TOO off topic (although relevant as we're discussing Gortat replacements)...

But Scola is ranked 171 in the last 30 days, 185 in the last 14, and 268 in the last 7.

He's been getting about 9 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 0 threes over the past few weeks...one of the most fantasy UNfriendly and useless games there is.

I was actually the one who dropped him last week, and I'm pretty sure i won't be picking him back up even with Gortat's injury.

This.

His game has been fantasy unfriendly for the past 3 years. He's just an ugly player to own, regardless of how many minutes he receives.

Don't even get me started on Scola, easily one of my least favorite players in the NBA. Black hole on offense, no defense and more interested in stealing a board from someone than actually boxing out.

well like you said... gortat replacements. one less mouth to feed in PHX. from the ones you mentioned, he's still a freebie. oneal has 0 threes, 0 steals, 0 assists/more TOs recently. twins have sucky percentages.

and i don't know why you mention him as available if you have no plan of getting him back up anyway.

everybody will see a uptick in minutes but I think it will become a fantasy hellhole. 20 minutes for everybody since you have to factor in that they will get blown out a lot too. You also have to factor in that the Suns have the worst playoff schedule (in my h2h league at least), which makes it tough to get high on any of the Morris twins/Scola/Oneal.

everybody will see a uptick in minutes but I think it will become a fantasy hellhole. 20 minutes for everybody since you have to factor in that they will get blown out a lot too. You also have to factor in that the Suns have the worst playoff schedule (in my h2h league at least), which makes it tough to get high on any of the Morris twins/Scola/Oneal.

Phoenix is sooo bad......So bad. Really hurts Dragic's value too as there is hardly anyone there to knock down shots or stop anyone.....

Sad for Gortat but I'm glad this provides some easy decisions from a fantasy perspective. The bench/start decisions were getting ridiculous with his play as of late. Hope he recovers fast and finds himself in a better situation next season

As others have said, this isn't much of a loss to fantasy teams and probably saves people a lot of headaches down the stretch.

That being said Gortat is gonna be near the top of my bounceback list for next season, assuming he moves on from Phoenix. He's still a very athletic and fairly skilled big man, it's just a horrific situation in Phoenix.

I've had the worst luck drafting both Gortat and Dragic in my team.

I really hope the Suns pick it up and allow Dragic to play like he wants to now. They're moving him to SG and he said he's ok with that. Unless you're the Morris brothers, being in this Phoenix team must suck right now.