Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Marcin Gortat 2012-2013 Season Outlook

Fantasy is so funny. The coach benches a player. The player who replaces him plays well. The team wins. The coach is considered an idiot. So much for reality.

This isn't like Milwaukee where people are calling Skiles an idiot for playing people over Ilyasova. Sanders, Henson are young players who have shown flashes. Gortat is a 28 year old center, who should be a prime building block for the future. O'Neal is 34 with 94 year old knees. It would be in the best interest of the Suns to develop there core as they rebuild. It worked for one night, but destroying a players value who is pretty well regarded around the league is not a very smart move either. If they want to move Gortat or do not feel like he fits in well with Gentry they should play him to showcase his talents. Letting him ride pine and put up stinker lines is not going to maximize a players value. Its really not that hard to figure out.......

I'd agree if it were the final 1/4 of the season, but the season just started. Coach and team are trying to get some wins. Not playing Gortat will not diminish any trade value. The league know all about him plus he's only making around 8 million this year and next year. Suns would have no problem finding trade partners and getting a strong return.

With that said, even if Gortat is struggling, i was surprised to see how much he sat. I would "ride or die" with him getting big time mintues.

I'm all for a team trying to win but this is not the first time he has been benched. This is the 2nd time in 3 games he has got benched. And he also has come out in the papers complaining of his roll on the team:

http://gothicginobili.com/?p=5142

Unhappy player, putting up horrible stat lines since the first week of the season, and getting benched. That is not the recipe for telling the league "we expect great return for Gortat", that is telling the league we will wait patiently as we wait out your malcontent that you aren't playing and hope that it forces you to trade him low so it doesn't destroy the locker room of the team.

Really? I beg to differ...

With what?

Last 7 games:

1 point, 8 boards, 1 steal, 1 block, 0-6 FG's, 1-2 FT's

12 points, 11 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 block, 4-10 FG's, 4-6 FT's

11 points, 8 boards, 1 block, 4-8 FG's, 3-3 FT's

6 points, 8 boards, 1 assist, 2 blocks, 1 steal, 3-8 FG's, no FT's

4 points, 6 boards, 1 block, 2 steals, 2-5 FG's, no FT's

22 points, 7 boards, 1 assist, 1 block, 0 steals, 11-14 FG's, no FT's

6 points, 5 boards, 1 steal, 0 blocks, 2-7 FG's, 2-3 FT''s

Add that up 8.8 points, 7.5 boards, around an assist per game, 1.1 blocks, 0.9 steals, .448% FG's, 71% FT's. So how are you going to beg to differ? He has been putrid since the first week of the season. No 2 ways around it.

u wanna split hairs?

the first week consisted of the oct 31 game and nov 2 & 4th. his second week he beasted (reb, blks, stl, fg%).

look, i'm still pissed i passed on batum thinking gortat would fill my team's needs better....tanked on it, then made the wrong decision...so far.

I'm really starting to think this situation is related to Gortat publicly voicing his displeasure with the offense recently. It should only be temporary, Jermaine O'Neal and consistent health are not two things that go together.

Keep in mind this is the Suns training staff we're talking about. Shaquille O'Neal, Jason Richardson, Grant Hill, and Vince Carter are among many who had a sort of career revival as they warded off health issues for once as soon as they got to Phoenix.

You also forgot to mentioned Steve Nash.. Look at his first year away from PHo, dude barely lasted only 2 games and out for this long.. I bet if he was in PHo, he would of been back already..

u wanna split hairs?

the first week consisted of the oct 31 game and nov 2 & 4th. his second week he beasted (reb, blks, stl, fg%).

look, i'm still pissed i passed on batum thinking gortat would fill my team's needs better....tanked on it, then made the wrong decision...so far.

I'm pissed too, I passed on numerous offers for him during the 1st week of the year thinking he was going to be busting out getting 35+ minutes a night on an average team and be a top 20 center. I never envisioned him being jerked in and out of the lineup for Jermaine O'Neal......

A conspiracy theory I have is that the Suns are probably benching their best players in order to "showcase" their other players for Trades.

I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes the Suns and Hornets are trying to work out a deal, perhaps for Eric Gordon.

Even if the Suns and Hornets aren't directly trying to make a trade, I think the Suns are "showcasing for trades" right now. As are the Hornets.(because I believe that's why they're holding Anthony Davis out longer than he needs to be, in order to showcase the other players.)

Again, it's only a conspiracy theory.

A conspiracy theory I have is that the Suns are probably benching their best players in order to "showcase" their other players for Trades.

I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes the Suns and Hornets are trying to work out a deal, perhaps for Eric Gordon.

Even if the Suns and Hornets aren't directly trying to make a trade, I think the Suns are "showcasing for trades" right now. As are the Hornets.(because I believe that's why they're holding Anthony Davis out longer than he needs to be, in order to showcase the other players.)

Again, it's only a conspiracy theory.

Uh he cant be traded to PHX this year

Block something already. Marcin is one frustrating dude.

Marcin is having a great game and Gentry is sticking with Jermaine O'neal at the end of the game. Pretty disappointing as a Gortat owner and O'neal is hardly lighting it up out there. 50/50 split with Jermaine O'Neal was not something I anticipated when I drafted Gortat....

Marcin is having a great game and Gentry is sticking with Jermaine O'neal at the end of the game. Pretty disappointing as a Gortat owner and O'neal is hardly lighting it up out there. 50/50 split with Jermaine O'Neal was not something I anticipated when I drafted Gortat....

how is o'neal in the game with 3 mins to go and gortat is warming the bench

why isn't he in at the end of the game?!?! seriously.

Oneal is +7. Gortat is -8, worst in the team.

Is anyone watching the game? O' Neal has 11 points but he must be doing something special for Gentry to go with him over Gortat and his 18 & 7...

Suns coach is starting to piss me off. Grotat sat the whole 4th. arghhhh!

how is o'neal in the game with 3 mins to go and gortat is warming the bench

why isn't he in at the end of the game?!?! seriously.

Oneal is +7. Gortat is -8, worst in the team.

Watched the entire game and the plus/minus does not tell the story, sorry. Gortat kept them in the game the entire 3rd quarter.

Watched the entire game and the plus/minus does not tell the story, sorry. Gortat kept them in the game the entire 3rd quarter.

Well, gortat didn't play the entire 4th and PHX outscored Philly by 2 points.

The onyl reason people on this board is hating on Gentry is because they're biased. They probably own Gortat and rather have Gortat earning mroe mintues even if it means Suns lose by a wider margin.

What did Gortat did to Gentry? Why he hates him so much? Glad the suns lost. haha!

The onyl reason people on this board is hating on Gentry is because they're biased. They probably own Gortat and rather have Gortat earning mroe mintues even if it means Suns lose by a wider margin.

Having actually watched the game, I can tell you the reason the Suns outscored the 76ers in the 4th was because Beasley caught fire and carried the team. Call it bias if you want, but keeping Gortat out in the 4th when he was punishing the 76ers bigs in the 3rd quarter was a head scratching move.

Jermaine O'Neal sucks, theres nothing he does that Gortat doesnt.

vice versa?

How does that help Gortat's case? lol..

What did Gortat did to Gentry? Why he hates him so much? Glad the suns lost. haha!

Still, Jermaine had a better +/- than Gortat.

Jermaine played the entire 4th quarter and PHX outscored Philly by 2 pts. Gortat played more minutes through the 1st to 3rd quarter and PHX were outscored by Philly. Stop being such a biased sore loser.

Having actually watched the game, I can tell you the reason the Suns outscored the 76ers in the 4th was because Beasley caught fire and carried the team. Call it bias if you want, but keeping Gortat out in the 4th when he was punishing the 76ers bigs in the 3rd quarter was a head scratching move.

Thank you! You're the first one to actually show evidence to show that Gortat should've played in the 4th quarter. I didn't watch the game, so Idk.

Lol +/- in general is a terrible, meaningless stat especially when its as small as 7 or 8 points. Gortat was scoring at will in the 3rd and his defense is much better than O'Neal's. Gentry doesn't have a clue as evidenced by starting 2 black holes in Beasley and Brown and also limiting Dragic to 30 when he's clearly the Suns' best player.

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, November 27, 2012 - Baiting by calling Gortat Owners butthurt.
Hidden by dzemens, November 27, 2012 - Baiting by calling Gortat Owners butthurt.

Lol +/- in general is a terrible, meaningless stat especially when its as small as 7 or 8 points. Gortat was scoring at will in the 3rd and his defense is much better than O'Neal's. Gentry doesn't have a clue as evidenced by starting 2 black holes in Beasley and Brown and also limiting Dragic to 30 when he's clearly the Suns' best player.

lol I was just pulling s--- out of my a** to talk back to those butthurt Gortat owners.

I agree Gortat should've gotten more minutes, but, based on the box score, Oneal was pretty decent today too.

Alvin Gentry is a MEDIOCRE Nba head coach, with or without Gortat