Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Mike Conley Jr 2012-2013 Season Outlook

Lol. What more do you want? Dude puts stats all over the board. He's in a little slump right now. That's all.

Posted · Hidden by Timmah!, December 15, 2012 - Asst. Coach Question
Hidden by Timmah!, December 15, 2012 - Asst. Coach Question

Should I trade Irving for this guy?

is he only this good? everyone used to put him as a 3rd rounder and hes playing really bad in my opinion, but rotoworld is saying that he is actually playing better than last year?!

is he only this good? everyone used to put him as a 3rd rounder and hes playing really bad in my opinion, but rotoworld is saying that he is actually playing better than last year?!

He put up 9pts, 11 asts, and 4 stls. The shooting was awful, but that's a great line if a couple more shots go down.

Basically Conley is a pretty good source of asts and elite in steals. His shooting is pretty stable at ~44% over his career, and he's been close to that this year. But he's also hitting a career high in 3's as well despite his mini-slump.

Overall I've been very pleased with him. Not sure what you were expecting from him, but he's doing what people hoped he would this year.

Looks like he's on the wrong type of mission tonight..

This guy is killing me. Not assisting worth a damn, shooting terrible fg%, low points. Ugh, I traded for this guy thinking he was going to be a stud.

He's been doing basically what he's done all year and infact has improved on his career averages across the board... Why would u trade for him of u didnt like what you've seen??? .. He's as consistant and reliable as it gets & on a good team ! One night of poor shooting does not a bad player make...

yea if you compare to him and say goran dragic who many picked before conley, conley is actually been doing better.

something is really up with his play recently. Any regulars on here that watch a lot of Grizz games have any insight?

I know how hard it was for you to type that :lol:

33% from the field in December. He must be taking shooting lessons from Roy Hibbert.

This guy has the Rondo virus or something. He's definitely not playing up to his capabilities. He's out here in cruise control. Turning the ball over like it's nothing. Hopefully he has second half, but this first half is a perfect example of how he's played the last few weeks.

I love Conley but man, dude just can't shoot. Combined 10/46 in 4 of his last 5 games.

Still, I won't complain about 9/7/6/3/1. The points could be higher but that's not why you draft Conley.

If he could just keep his FG% around 43-44% and limit his turnovers to a solid 2, he'd be even so amazing.

He's a very good real life player. Cool to see a guy really work on his game. My early memories of conley was that he was a killer for osu. Hes the same type if beast now for memphis. Plays his role perfectly.

I think the conley myth and legend of being the most underrated player has grown to such proportions that now it feels his overrated and underachieving.

I own Conley and I think I almost agree with PayPal.

I drafted Conley fairly high in a 12 team HTH league (19th overall) knowing it may be a reach but didn't wanna take a chance he wouldn't be there in the 3rd.

That said, realistic expectations should be right around the 18-24 overall value and anything above that is bonus

Fantasy-wise, all Grizzlies except maybe Randolph have been slumping recently, so I don't think it's just Conley. They should all produce better numbers.

Fantasy-wise, all Grizzlies except maybe Randolph have been slumping recently, so I don't think it's just Conley. They should all produce better numbers.

True, but there are really only 4 relevant fantasy contributers on the Grizzlies. So in terms of producing at or above adp, they're 2/4.

It's always going to be an up and down offense. Lionel has little creativity with their offensive gameplanning. There really is no reason the Grizz should be in the bottom ten in scoring and scoring efficiency with the personnel they have. Unfortunately, every game consists of; Iso plays for Gay, simply dump it in and watch Randolph in the post, or high pick and rolls with Conley and Gasol. Teams adjust to the Grizzlies, Hollins makes no adjustments to counter, and the efficiency of the team continues to trend downward.

I dont know for some reason i kinda regretted drafting Conley. I expected him to produce much more. But its okay!

I dont know for some reason i kinda regretted drafting Conley. I expected him to produce much more. But its okay!

Hes as solid as they come. You know what your getting as soon as you draft him and if you like consistency hes your pg. If you wanted upside you should of went with Collison or someone whos boom or bust

So, what's the story with him so far this season?? I haven't gotten a chance to watch any Griz games, just boxscores....