Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dantoine25

Witten for Gore

yes sorry i had a brain fart before...sorry...good job sticking to your guns Ludawg

haha no worries man, just trying to help out. Definitely a steal IMO, there's a reason why RBs are so valued in FFB.

Thanks guys. I know Gore's schedule coming up gets easier and easier and he should put up better numbers because 1) Alex Smith is coming back so the offense will be more than 1 demensional and 2) he's playing this season in memory of his mother

OK he wants Wayne for Gore now. He canceled the previous trade and offered me that. Would you guys still do it?

OK he wants Wayne for Gore now. He canceled the previous trade and offered me that. Would you guys still do it?

That's why you should accept the Witten-trade sooner. This would be way worse for your team.

I did accept the Witten trade, but he canceled it and decided he'd rather have Wayne

I can't believe this is even a discussion. Gore for a TE? Take it.

I did accept the Witten trade, but he canceled it and decided he'd rather have Wayne

what? You can't cancel a trade after it's been accepted right? is this a yahoo league?

I told you man, should have jumped on that Witten trade, would have been a steal. Now it looks like you're going to have to part with Wayne. Missed opportunity there...

I can't believe this is even a discussion. Gore for a TE? Take it.

It's now Gore for Wayne, would you do it?

I think you still do it, try to get a passable WR3 back from him tho, maybe Wayne and Leonard for Gore and a decent WR

if he canceled it he was gonna cancel it anyways no matter when you accepted it...a bull crap move i think...gore with the flex postion is to good to pass up try to get a decent wr back to like heretic said...he shouldnt be allowed to do that

He's the League Manager in my ESPN league

wow...bush league move. Talk about abusing your comissioner powers, this should not be allowed. It's on him if he's going to propose the trade in the first place.

I think you still do it, try to get a passable WR3 back from him tho, maybe Wayne and Leonard for Gore and a decent WR

Yep I second this too.. B)

Sorry, but there are several pages here to read so I only read the first page. But if the offer is

"Gore and Favre for Witten, Bowe and Rivers"

DO IT!!!!! Stop reading all these posts and pull the trigger on this deal! You upgrade your QB and RB spot in your starting lineup for the cost of your TE! Miller is not a bad option, he is a top 10 TE. I would downgrade at TE to improve my starting QB and starting RB!!!

My 1st and overriding thought on all this is it was MAJOR bush league to recind an accepted trade. That being said, I would be happy he cancelled personally. Does no one else see Gore is a RB SIXTEEN-TWENTY!!!! Now I agree it is very likely he will get better moving forward, but only marginally. RB 10-12 is probably best case, anything remotely close to RB5 would be miraculous. This is no rap on Gore as a player, that offense around him is just horrible. I have very little faith that the 49ers will be able to complete a pass longer than 4 yards, making 8-9 men in the box every play with infrequent scoring chances Gore's probable future. His great talent will keep him a decent play, I just think you can probably find a deal that helps your team much more than this one does. GL

PS I would NEVER do Wayne for Gore; Wayne is an complete every week stud.

OK so the trade that went down was Wayne and Brian Leonard for Gore and Engram. Thoughts?

Your weakness isn't RB...it's QB. Witten is as strong as Gore and then you have a huge hole at TE while the STL combo probably comes close to performing with Gore.

I don't like that deal for you.

MAKE THE DEAL ... anyone who doesnt is just a P****!

Seriously though, get Gore, and move him for an elite qb and pick up olsen if its not too late, he's Witten with more speed.

I am ok with that trade...Wayne and Leonard for Gore and Engram. It's fair trade and it does help your starting lineup by adding Gore. However, you need to work on upgrading your QB and your WR hole now with Wayne gone.

Now that you are set at RB's with Gore and AP, if it were me I would look to make a few moves like this...

VY or Rivers and Bowe = Better QB Top 5-10 QB (Hass, Brees, Ben, McNabb)

S.Young = Top 10-15 WR (Fitz, Marvin, Holt, Colston, Boldin)

Sucks letting S.Young go, but who knows when Young will take over for Henry and it's all potential! Besides you already have Gore and AP who both have had their byes and should start every week. Then you have SJax to play your WR/RB spot when he comes back. You can only start 2 RB's so improve your starting line up by making these additional moves.