Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

attila1905

12-0 Record. Ask me all your "who to start" questions

Thanks for doing this. Just out of curiosity, what does your 12-0 team look like? Also, who would you start at flex out of the following guys in a PPR league?

Charles vs. Panthers

Reece vs. Browns (DMC not expected to play)

Cobb vs. Vikings

attilla,

I went with most of your suggestions, except I decided to start Bryce Brown over Forte.

Didn't expect Forte to score but such is life.

I'm up by 9.1 points going into tonight and he's got Hakeem Nicks left to play. Hopefully I can pull it out. I need to win to secure a playoff spot. :D

I asked for your opinion of decker v shorts and Bryce vs forte. You said decker and forte. I kept reading this thread and you gave the exact opposite info to people asking the same question.

Less than a 12 man league is lame. You are not a pro. I still won but will be going elsewhere for advice. Have fun in your dinky 8 man where everyone has an elite everything.

Go play with the big boys. Youre probably not even 12-0 or even in playoffs .

Where is his advice conflicting? I followed this entire thread and it didn't seem like he ever advocated starting Bryce Brown. I can't speak for the Decker or Shorts decision.

You can't control the results of fantasy matchups, only the input - how you set your team before the week starts. Your post seems to be pretty results oriented.

He gave a great reason as to why he wasn't bullish on Bryce Brown on page 1. If Bryce had scored 5 points yesterday instead of 28+ we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Also, how does being in a 12 man league differ than an 8, a 10 man league, or a 14+ person league? They all play differently, yes, but in terms of fantasy knowledge, it's still about getting the most value out of all your positions and using all the available knowledge to make educated decisions about who to start. It doesn't matter the size of the league, that skill-set remains the same, just adjusted for different depth of league sizes.

No one's perfect in giving advice, maybe OP shouldn't have touted that he's 12-0, maybe he should have had a disclaimer, but come on, we all know (or, should know) that every advice comes with its risks and you should take everything with a grain of salt for Fantasy starts. It's the nature of the game.

Where is his advice conflicting? I followed this entire thread and it didn't seem like he ever advocated starting Bryce Brown. I can't speak for the Decker or Shorts decision.

You can't control the results of fantasy matchups, only the input - how you set your team before the week starts. Your post seems to be pretty results oriented.

He gave a great reason as to why he wasn't bullish on Bryce Brown on page 1. If Bryce had scored 5 points yesterday instead of 28+ we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Also, how does being in a 12 man league differ than an 8, a 10 man league, or a 14+ person league? They all play differently, yes, but in terms of fantasy knowledge, it's still about getting the most value out of all your positions and using all the available knowledge to make educated decisions about who to start. It doesn't matter the size of the league, that skill-set remains the same, just adjusted for different depth of league sizes.

No one's perfect in giving advice, maybe OP shouldn't have touted that he's 12-0, maybe he should have had a disclaimer, but come on, we all know (or, should know) that every advice comes with its risks and you should take everything with a grain of salt for Fantasy starts. It's the nature of the game.

So I know a couple of penny stocks that you should absolutely invest in...interested?

;)

lol

Start Bryce Brown or Alfred Morris at Flex next week? It is a PPR league. Thanks!

Exactly. I'm someone who asked his opinion, disagreed with his reasoning, so went a different direction. But, he gave his opinion, which is what everyone asked for, and then you complain when it goes a different way? I ask for people's opinions, and then consider the arguments, research their points (in case I'm missing something) and then make my decision. Voting or popular opinion means little, but hearing different perspectives is what is important.

So, I say: thanks Atilla for giving me your opinion! I think you had some thoughtful ideas, but NOT a crystal ball, which is, evidently, a surprise to some folks.

Stafford vs Green bay or Freeman vs Philly in Week 14?

Should i start Alex Green (vs DET) over Ryan Mathews (vs PIT)?

Also, should i roll with Owen Daniels or grab Myers from FA?

Dwyer or Ballard?

Dwyer

Stafford vs Green bay or Freeman vs Philly in Week 14?

Freeman

Should i start Alex Green (vs DET) over Ryan Mathews (vs PIT)?

Also, should i roll with Owen Daniels or grab Myers from FA?

What are you thinking? Myers of course

At RB2:

Ryan Mathews or Knowshon Moreno

At Flex:

Mathews/Moreno (whichever one not chosen above)

Alex Green

Torrey Smith

Kenny Britt

At QB:

Ryan or Luck

Choose 1 player from the following for the flex spot:

Jamaal Charles vs. Browns

Randall Cobb vs. Lions

Pick one defense from the following:

Bills defense vs. Rams in Buffalo

Bengals defense vs. Cowboys in Cincinatii

PPR league by the way. Thanks in advance.

2 questions -

WR3 - Kenny Britt or Justin Blackmon? Britt disappoints yardage wise week after week and needs a TD to be worth it. Blackmon the Jags No. 1 this week but that means he draws Cromartie.

TE - Greg Olsen or Jared Cook? Olsen could get a bump in targets with Lafell out and has been better all year. Cook played season high snaps and got season high 12 targets in first game under new OC...but ended up with an uninspiring 4/51/0.

Pick 1 RB: Stevan Ridley or the Lawfirm

Pick 1 TE: Jason Witten or Aaron Hernandez.

Thanks.

Well, starting Myers was a mistake...

Right now I've got Cruz/Hilton/Alexander at WR. Should I stick with them, or sub in Josh Gordon and/or Jeremy Maclin for any of them?

And who should I start at Flex? Alex Green, Ryan Mathews, Owen Daniels, or one of the remaining WR's?

QB:

Ryan @ CAR

Freeman vs. PHI

FLEX (pick 1):

DeAngelo Williams vs. ATL

Kenny Britt vs. INDY

James Jones vs. DET