LyondellBasell

Brett Anderson 2013 Outlook

No Crisp, no Cespedes, no Lowrie, against Verlander

uhm

I think what you left out there was no run support.

uhm

Defense would probably hurt also no?

uhm

Defense would probably hurt also no?

Chris Young is a really good defensive CF. Andy Parrino better damn well be a good defensive SS because he can't hit worth a s***.

Fielder and Peralta just clownsuited him. Literally reared back and took HR derby swings off him and hit epic bombs. Not only that but you have to hold your breath on every pitch with this scrub... he's already stumbled over his own feet twice and on the second one he fell to the ground in a heap. If this guy does have another good start and you can find anyone interested him, I'd strongly advise getting something for him while you can.

Fielder and Peralta just clownsuited him. Literally reared back and took HR derby swings off him and hit epic bombs. Not only that but you have to hold your breath on every pitch with this scrub... he's already stumbled over his own feet twice and on the second one he fell to the ground in a heap. If this guy does have another good start and you can find anyone interested him, I'd strongly advise getting something for him while you can.

Tigers have been making every pitcher look bad. This is just bad advice. Anderson will be good until if/when he gets injured.

Bad advice? The advice is predicated on the idea that he WILL get injured. Something you just implied yourself. :rolleyes:

Bad advice? The advice is predicated on the idea that he WILL get injured. Something you just implied yourself. :rolleyes:

If I could predict injuries it would be great. But no one can. He has more injury risk than most but its not a guarantee he will get injured...

The problem with try to deal him after a string of good starts is that almost everyone is sure he'll get hurt so you can never really sell high. I suppose in theory there are owners out there who think he'll stay healthy, or who are having such pitching woes they're desperate for a quality arm even if they think it's shortlived, but just don't see getting a whole lot back for him.

Maybe the best trade method might be to use him as a sweetener to get you over the top in another deal, IDK...

My thoughts on BA were to get him cheap and roll with him as long as he's healthy, whatever that might be. Figured he'll provide good value as long as he holds up, especially early in the year when some power sps tend to struggle, and if/when he gets hurt then it's goodbye and thank you.

(And fwiw I benched him today so I'm not hurting or ticked off about this start, the top of the Tigers order are just too hot right now. I'm giving him a mulligan on this)

• Like 1

The problem with try to deal him after a string of good starts is that almost everyone is sure he'll get hurt so you can never really sell high. I suppose in theory there are owners out there who think he'll stay healthy, or who are having such pitching woes they're desperate for a quality arm even if they think it's shortlived, but just don't see getting a whole lot back for him.

Maybe the best trade method might be to use him as a sweetener to get you over the top in another deal, IDK...

My thoughts on BA were to get him cheap and roll with him as long as he's healthy, whatever that might be. Figured he'll provide good value as long as he holds up, especially early in the year when some power sps tend to struggle, and if/when he gets hurt then it's goodbye and thank you.

(And fwiw I benched him today so I'm not hurting or ticked off about this start, the top of the Tigers order are just too hot right now. I'm giving him a mulligan on this)

This is a good advice. I stayed away from BA this year because of the injuries. I would not want him but if he is part of a bigger trade, I'd consider it.

The problem is that he's just not that good. He's got 7.02 career K/9. Of course he's useful and should be 100% owned, but he's not going to knock anyones socks off.

He was that good before his elbow gave out. Different pitcher now.

For owners who drafted him, if you didn't like the injury risk you should have stayed away. I'm confident he will end the year below 3.50 era with solid strikeouts. He'll never be a fantasy ace but he makes for a great starter in any league

I am not too worried about the elbow. The TJ surgery was almost 2 years ago.

What I am worried about is a the batting practice fastball I just watched, with almost no command.

Watched the entire game. Hopefully it was a bump in the road, but this was sick to watch.

not expecting a very good performance. I was pretty optimistic when I heard about the matchup but I think this will be a surprisingly tough spot for him.

As an aside, he always seems to match up with the opposition's hottest pitcher! The A's give all their other starters league-leading amounts of run support and then Brett gets shafted.

Glad I have Anderson and Cobb going. Looks like I am hitting the bottle early tonight.

Just absolutely f****** shelled now. Sweet start. Welcome to my bench Busterson. Not starting him at Boston next week for sure.