LyondellBasell

Brett Anderson 2013 Outlook

Fielder and Peralta just clownsuited him. Literally reared back and took HR derby swings off him and hit epic bombs. Not only that but you have to hold your breath on every pitch with this scrub... he's already stumbled over his own feet twice and on the second one he fell to the ground in a heap. If this guy does have another good start and you can find anyone interested him, I'd strongly advise getting something for him while you can.

Prophetic. This guy is AWFUL.

He's either getting squeezed or can't find the zone

leaving the ball up.

Oakland hadn't lost on the road - that had to change. Tampa had to heat up. Brutal spot to be for Anderson

Jose Lobaton?? Really? This Rays' lineup is a bottom 5 lineup easily. Bitterly disappointing.

Damnit. Glad I got Harvey. WTF is up with this guy.

Can a mod change the subtitle of this thread please. Thank you!

• Like 1

Fielder and Peralta just clownsuited him. Literally reared back and took HR derby swings off him and hit epic bombs. Not only that but you have to hold your breath on every pitch with this scrub... he's already stumbled over his own feet twice and on the second one he fell to the ground in a heap. If this guy does have another good start and you can find anyone interested him, I'd strongly advise getting something for him while you can.

Oh he was definitely a sell-high. Can't believe people consider him a top-20 starter.

He's solid and on a good team though. He'll be fine at home. Just don't expect him to outperform his ADP, he was ranked appropriately yet I saw him being reached for in countless drafts

Oh he was definitely a sell-high. Can't believe people consider him a top-20 starter.

He's solid and on a good team though. He'll be fine at home. Just don't expect him to outperform his ADP, he was ranked appropriately yet I saw him being reached for in countless drafts

Werent you the one hyping up Slowey?

Hahaha. Drop him bruh, no need to complain. Let another guy in your league take him off your hands

You guys know how early it is right? Jumping to conclusions and dropping a guy after a few starts will backfire for you terribly.

is this just a stumble? or a the new norm for him?

Would he be a good buy low right now?

I've actually been trying to trade him for good value because he's injury prone, but he's usually a much better pitcher than this when healthy.

The guy has never walked this many hitters.

You guys know how early it is right? Jumping to conclusions and dropping a guy after a few starts will backfire for you terribly.

He should not be cut. He is not this bad. But no way in hell am I throwing him out at Boston, nor would I recommend anyone else do that. He is back in prove it mode for me.

Edited by Cmilne23

Yep, must be hurt. That did not take long. Lol. Unreal.

Werent you the one hyping up Slowey?

Anderson's better. People can pick up Slowey though.

Check the threads though - I have both of them benched tonight

I would just say it's a stumble with the huge caveat of "unless he's injured" (dur). But his groundball rate is beyond elite, he usually doesnt give up hardly any homeruns, his velocity is fine (92ish), he has a great pitchers ballpark, and his pitching IQ is off the charts. If he's healthy he can be a top 20 pitcher.

He should not be cut. He is not this bad. But no way in hell am I throwing him out at Boston, nor would I recommend anyone else do that. He is back in prove it mode for me.

I hear you, I'm just warning people not to drop him because he will come around. Got 5 months of baseball left.

And he's out of the game.....that totally screws my teams over

And he's out of the game.....that totally screws my teams over

Yeah, he's got to be hurt. He hasn't really been the same since he took that 2nd comebacker off his wrist against Houston.

Anyone not expecting Brett Anderson to get injured is silly.

Still sucks.

And I've had more injuries than anyone else in my league. Luckily I don't think very much of this guy. Too bad

I would just say it's a stumble with the huge caveat of "unless he's injured" (dur). But his groundball rate is beyond elite, he usually doesnt give up hardly any homeruns, his velocity is fine (92ish), he has a great pitchers ballpark, and his pitching IQ is off the charts. If he's healthy he can be a top 20 pitcher.

Maybe, but he's never healthy. I would never draft Anderson unless it was for a couple dollars in an auction or one of my final few picks in a snake draft. He's pitched 175, 112, 83, and 35 innings over his career. You can only expect maybe half a season from him, and that might be optimistic. He was being way overdrafted this season.

• Like 1

Anyone not expecting Brett Anderson to get injured is silly.

Still sucks.

And I've had more injuries than anyone else in my league. Luckily I don't think very much of this guy. Too bad

Yup, guy with a career 3.60 era sucks. And everyone can predict injury. No one cares about your team or your league. Cool story.

Maybe, but he's never healthy. I would never draft Anderson unless it was for a couple dollars in an auction or one of my final few picks in a snake draft. He's pitched 175, 112, 83, and 35 innings over his career. You can only expect maybe half a season from him, and that might be optimistic. He was being way overdrafted this season.

Sure. I've had him for basically nothing in a keeper for a few years now, so I love when he pitched and hate when he's hurt, but it isn't quite as bad as counting on him. I agree that if you were hinging your teams success on him staying healthy that was a mistake.. If the injury is related to the comebackers then I can't really chalk that up to him being "injury prone", but we'll have to wait and see on that.

But anyway, I was more replying to the general "he sucks" comments. He doesn't suck, he is a very very good pitcher, but he's frustrating because of the injury risk.