LyondellBasell

Brett Anderson 2013 Outlook

This start is looking grim now for owners that gave him a go today. The Fenway Park rule stands strong. Hopefully he fares better against the Angels next time out.

going with the Costanza theory here and starting Brett "BooBoo" Anderson at Fenway. I need a hug!

screw that Costanza theory ... might work for Latos but not for this POS

This start is looking grim now for owners that gave him a go today. The Fenway Park rule stands strong. Hopefully he fares better against the Angels next time out.

but it doesn't apply to bartolo colon! he beat up on HOU and SEA. the last three starts have been REAL bad.

This guy sucks right now.

Word. All in 1 game he showed why people are so high in him (first 3 innings) and so many want to kick him in the nuts (the rest of the game).

I've paid him close attention since he arrived in the majors and to me this is the worst I've seen him play. I have no trust at this point, but I'm still holding unless/until I see a long-term own possibility on the wire. If he's not injured, this could be a simple case of the 'yips' early in the season. In a broad sense he is still working his way back from TJ.

I'd buy low anywhere I could right now. His walk rate is flukey, he has really good control. His K rate is good, ground ball rate is stellar. I'd expect him to turn it around very soon. You could probably get him for super cheap right now.

Love all the people saying he sucks. The reality is his matchup sucked. I sat him so I am happy right now, I'll start him when he gets back to the O.Co

• Like 1

Anyone starting him next week in weekly leagues? I think I might take a chance...

Not quite sure why they just don't put him on the DL right now. Either he is hurt pretty bad, or he is an awful pitcher. Leaning towards awful myself. Can only live on that 91 mph fastball so long.

really starting to sour on him...but this thread keeps me hanging onto him. hopefully he sits out a start and then gets it going

Not quite sure why they just don't put him on the DL right now. Either he is hurt pretty bad, or he is an awful pitcher. Leaning towards awful myself. Can only live on that 91 mph fastball so long.

He has already proven to be a very good pitcher. He has a really good slider. The results so far are not indicitive of his talent level.

While disappointed that he loses his 2 start status, there's no way I would consider dropping him. He's not pitching well at all, however I will spread some blame to his ankle. Ideally, this is just a blimp on the season long value and he returns to form at the end of the week. Patience.

Hasn't been the same pitcher since surgery IMO. Extremely brittle to boot, which is not a recipe for success.

I think so. His value will never be lower, and hopefully hitting the reset button on his season with this skipped start will get him healthy and clear the cobwebs.

In one of my other leagues I've seen someone trading Anderson away for Jhoulys ChacĂ­n. Unreal.

Hasn't been the same pitcher since surgery IMO. Extremely brittle to boot, which is not a recipe for success.

I disagree with the first part. He had very similar stats the second half of last season to before his surgery. I agree he seems to be moving closer to that brittle tag. As long as it isn't his elbow again I'm not really super concerned. Sometimes it's just weird stuff.

Getting skipped today and becomes a 1 start pitcher this week....maybe. Too much of a risk to start him I think in roto.

On another note, I hope Straily does well this start...would love to see him called up.