Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Avery Johnson Fired

owners these days are way to trigger happy on firing coaches. a lot of the time, it's not coaching issues, it's personell issues. these guys are professionals...while having a good coach certainly helps, its not end all be all. the miami heat don't even need a coach. spoelstra is a pylon out there.

this is good news for fantasy owners..avery clown johnson was never a good coach for fantasy..gimmicky...his rotations have always been a mess..i dont think he was a good coach period actually..

lol@the mike brown firing being bad......shows how much u know on the situation.

Yup, even though I live in the Los Angeles area I know nothing about Los Angeles sports. It's a true shame.

well, then u know how mike brown had no ones respect, right? the guy was a horrible choice to coach the lakers in the first place.

You know... the funniest thing happened.. i had a dream last night that Avery Johnson got fired!

And it happened!

I'm not proclaiming i'm the Nostradamus of Basketball, but it was just a weird coincidence.

Anyway, I think the firing of Avery Johnson is a good move by the Nets. He just was not a good fit for the team.

I respect Avery Johnson, but I just don't think he's a good coach for certain personnel. He's too fiery, and causes too much friction with his players.

This team needs a more mellow coach.

For now, I think they'll respect PJ Carlisimo more because he's got a lot more experience and knowledge as a coach.

So I've been off the scene for a while in regards to posting, but I'm wondering like everyone else here I'm sure, what's the fantasy implication? Who are the winners? Is there anyone from that area that has an idea of what the buzz is in regards to player lineup/playing time changes?

Bigger coach killer? DWill or Dwight, the Boy Wonder?

Dwill is the biggest POS in the league. FIrst Sloan, now Johnson. I wouldn't touch this guy with a Dikembe Mutombo sized pole in fantasy or reality. Zero respect for Williams, this guy is just a cancer. Too bad they can't fire him instead. Avery is better off going to another team where this headcase, thug is not part of the team.

you know you're in trouble when you have an FBA dream!

lol on PJ Carlesimo being mellow - remember Sprewell?

Also, it interests me greatly that teams can be so quick to firing coaches like Mike Brown or Avery Johnson, and not Keith Smart, Scott Skiles, or Randy Wittman. Perplexing to say the least...

Milwaukee is 15-12, 7-3 there last 10 games, 1/2 game out of first in there division and currently holding down the 5th spot. Why would they fire there coach?

any potential benefactors? Kris Humphries back to the starting lineup? blatche?

I think the PF situation is going to be unclear until we see what happens, but I do think Blatche is a must add if he was dropped, simply because he has the highest fantasy ceiling out of all the unknowns. Worst case scenario is a value-killing time-share or value-killing Keith Bogans.

I think Deron will play better, now that Avery is not constantly breathing down his neck.

I'm interested to see if Kris Humphries will be re-inserted in the starting lineup again. I think he should be, but that's my opinion.

Avery was using Reggie Evans too much.

Marshon Brooks is another guy who might get more PT. Avery was using old man Stackhouse and Bogans too much, imo.

I agree with this! Dreams of Avery getting fired?

As for PJ, he is a first class hoops mind, and college hoops coaching legend. The knock since Sprewell was that PJ just couldn't handle pro stars and their egos. Coaching these prima donnas has more to do with handling than Xs and Os. So it will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

I think Deron will play better, now that Avery is not constantly breathing down his neck.

I'm interested to see if Kris Humphries will be re-inserted in the starting lineup again. I think he should be, but that's my opinion.

Avery was using Reggie Evans too much.

Marshon Brooks is another guy who might get more PT. Avery was using old man Stackhouse and Bogans too much, imo.

Hump's problem was Hump. He did start, in two separate stints.

Sprewell was a nutcase!

but who choked who? i can't remember. :lol:

Any thoughts on how this might affect Brook Lopez? Is his situation more or less the same, better, or do you guys think he could be negatively impacted?

Also, it interests me greatly that teams can be so quick to firing coaches like Mike Brown or Avery Johnson, and not Keith Smart, Scott Skiles, or Randy Wittman. Perplexing to say the least...

Expectations and money. Sac and Milwaukee are small market teams that dominate their regions. Swapping out coaches often entails substantial cost as you have to eat the contract and unless you promote someone already on staff, you have to pay for a new staff. None of the 3 examples moved into a new arena or looking to rebrand themselves. And none of those three were expected to do much. Maybe contend for a bottom playoff seed in a best case scenario so the expectations were small. Wittman hasn't even been on the job for a year yet and is missing their most talented player....I could see Skiles getting canned a little later as he's in the last year of his contract...

Maybe Dwill was just a system pg? It's probably hard for him to fathom the fact that he's just not that good. He should call up Darren Collison for advice on how to move forward..

some possible candidates: phil jackson, stan van gundy, jeff van gundy, mike dunleavy, jerry sloan, larry brown

I am starting to really believe that. He certainly is not a franchise player in the least bit. That much has been proven from his tenure in NJ/BKN. Maybe the coaching change will get him jump started again. Lets just say i'm not optimistic.

Maybe Dwill was just a system pg? It's probably hard for him to fathom the fact that he's just not that good. He should call up Darren Collison for advice on how to move forward..

I don't mind PJ Carlisimo as a coach.

But is Larry Brown available? I think he'd be a good fit for this team and this town.

He just took over SMU and is 72 years old.....That's older than when Hubie Brown was forced to retire b/c of health related issues....

come on....u dont truly believe this, do u?