Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sengsauce

Elton Brand cleared for cardiovascular work!

Thats great news, the fact he's out of the boot and running on the treadmill...in 6 weeks he'll be re-evaluated and hopefully able to do some light bball drills...I'm getting giddy since i took him in the 13th rd of my draft.

Thats great news, the fact he's out of the boot and running on the treadmill...in 6 weeks he'll be re-evaluated and hopefully able to do some light bball drills...I'm getting giddy since i took him in the 13th rd of my draft.

You're setting yourself up for heartbreak. I just want to give you a reality check - I've seen a manager go through this all year with Amare (two years back). These Elton updates could become your holy grail. Elton is running now! Elton sprints in practice! You might end up waiting 2 months just to have him hit the court and shut it down for the rest of the year. I really would temper your enthusiasm. Amare ruined a lot of fantasy seasons two years ago.

yeah i think i jumped the gun a bit on that....

and hey you have your own blog? sports related topics or general?

i just wanted to add that the recovery time for torn ACL injuries < microfracture surgery but i see your point jet. i think by the time EB is ready to return the clips wont need him cuz they'll be out of the playoff picture already. they might not feel the need to rush him back.

you drafted him in the 13th round. you will not find a guy there with more upside. enjoy the pick and follow him. if he never plays again this season you wasted almost nothing. if he plays some games its a huge steal.

i just wanted to add that the recovery time for torn ACL injuries < microfracture surgery but i see your point jet. i think by the time EB is ready to return the clips wont need him cuz they'll be out of the playoff picture already. they might not feel the need to rush him back.

Just FYI, Brand had a ruptured achilles, not ACL or microfracture.

Agree that there's no rush on him to get back, and that the Clippers' season will be over long before he does.

Also, Brand can opt out after this year. If he's planning to do so, he'd be risking a lot of money to come back and take a chance of re-injuring it.

Just FYI, Brand had a ruptured achilles, not ACL or microfracture.

Agree that there's no rush on him to get back, and that the Clippers' season will be over long before he does.

Also, Brand can opt out after this year. If he's planning to do so, he'd be risking a lot of money to come back and take a chance of re-injuring it.

youre right that it was an achilles rupture, not a torn acl. a ruptured achilles in this day and age has an even shorter timetable than a torn knee ligament. still doesnt change my opinion that EB wont be rushed back.

pixel.gifNBA_Brand_small.jpgWhen asked how well he was recovering from surgery, Elton Brand said, "It's more month to month. You hit new milestones. I'll be able to jump soon. I haven't jumped yet. It's tippy-toe stuff."

This is to be expected for a guy coming off serious surgery, and owners should just be happy that there haven't been any setbacks. If you took him in the late rounds of your draft and can get by with him on your bench, then congratulations and good luck. If you've got him and your team is struggling, packaging him in a trade might not be a bad idea at this point. Nov. 12 - 12:43 pm et