Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigPapi44

Atlanta Braves 2013 Outlook

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, March 14, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, March 14, 2013 - No reason given

J Fransico or C johnson, which on wins it outright or is it a platoon?

How is this a minor league question?

J Fransico or C johnson, which one wins 3B outright or is it a platoon?

Gotta give a slight edge to Francisco right now. He will end up on the right side of a platoon if it happens and has more potential. CJ played a little first today, possibly a sign of wanting to get a bench player comfortable at more than one position? At this point in spring you look for any sign you can get before drafts. No definite answer yet

Can we hype on Atlanta's OF some more? I can't remember a more dynamic OF from LF to RF. I think they feed off of eachother and all go off. Plus Freeman, Uggla, Francisco and even Evan Gattis, this team has mad power. I see The Braves going from 20th in HRs in the league to a top 5 spot this year.

I could see their total OF getting 80HR/80SB

maybe thats conservative...90/90 possible?

I can't wait to get home sit back crack a beer and watch The Braves. This team excites me more than probably any other team.

I can't wait to get home sit back crack a beer and watch The Braves. This team excites me more than probably any other team.

Quite honestly, for the first time in a while as a Braves fan, I'm legitimately excited to see something special with this team.

With the Upton boys, another year of maturation from Heyward and Freeman, the pitching talent, Simmons with the glove and an improving stick (people forget he won a minor league batting title - kid can swing it, even if he doesn't have crazy power)... salivating over what this team can be.

Remember when there was a discussion about the OF going 100/100? They may not even bat .200 together...

What happens when Beachy returns? (assumed that Hudson and Minor are locks)

1. Maholm gets traded before the deadline
  2. Medlen goes to the bullpen
  3. Tehran goes to AAA
  4. Beachy somehow ends up the odd man out

I'm thinking Maholm gets sent to the pen. Sure, they have the option of trading him away, but they might want to keep him around for depth.

Beachy isn't a sure bet by any means coming off TJ.

Offense needs to wake up specially 2-3-4 hitters.

Am I alone in thinking this team isn't as good as the record indicates?

Am I alone in thinking this team isn't as good as the record indicates?

When you have a manager w/ zero ability to be himself, rather trying to emulate Bobby Cox to the n'th... You have problems!

Freddie is horrible, and it's a shame that a team this talented will have to drag this anchor around for what feels like an eternity.

I now roster the entire Braves starting rotation (including Brandon Beachy). So I want to share why I made this move with all of you. This is their schedule (by series) the rest of the way:

MIA, PHI, MIA, CIN, CWS, COL, PHI, WAS, MIA, PHI, WAS, NYM, STL, CLE, MIA, NYM, PHI, MIA, SD, WAS, CHC, MIL, PHI

Find me a better schedule.

I now roster the entire Braves starting rotation (including Brandon Beachy). So I want to share why I made this move with all of you. This is their schedule (by series) the rest of the way:

MIA, PHI, MIA, CIN, CWS, COL, PHI, WAS, MIA, PHI, WAS, NYM, STL, CLE, MIA, NYM, PHI, MIA, SD, WAS, CHC, MIL, PHI

Find me a better schedule.

St Louis Cardinals schedule....it seems this year it doesn't really matter who they face, it's always a good match up.

Starting OF for Today

Jose Constanza LF

Reed Johnson CF

Joey Terdoslavich RF

Ouch....on a side note u think the RF's nick name is Joe Terd?

I know on the blogs and such everyone calls him Terdo, dunno if he gets the same in the clubhouse, heh.