Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the1gq2nvy

Tayshaun Prince 2012-2013 Season Outlook

the dude was sitting on the waiver wire the whole season, while playing on a team that was the most ideal for him in his advanced age.

Now you're saying he'll produce even better on a team such as the Grizzlies? I highly doubt it.

I expect him to be worse, inconsistent. And they'll probably give more PT to Austin Daye.

Crazier things have happened in fantasy basketball, and in fantasy sports in general. Players that have no value suddenly turn it on with a new team. I've seen this plenty of times before. In a competitive league where the waiver wire is dry, he's worth merely a speculative add. That's all it is. You can have your doubts, but your opinions haven't always been correct (i.e. Jeremy Lin) and neither have mine. He's a wait-and-see pickup.

He was a 6th round upside guy in his prime and that was him getting 36 minutes a game. He's realistically a 10th round ceiling guy. It'll be great if he reaches that, but he's been on the decline for 4 years now

I think he will continue as he is. He was the third option with Detroit. The grizz did not trade to acquire prince. They traded for financial flexibility. That said, I do not see how one can predict because he is traded to a team he will now exceed his career highs in every category.....he is now the fourth option on a very solid mem team.

Slight uptick in assists, points stable or slight decrease, slight increase in FG%, otherwise the same. For those of us in deep leagues he's good enough, everyone else should probably look elsewhere.

i think we see him taking more 3's. And if he's not taking/making 3's, I think it's possible we see Austin Daye starting over him...while Tayshaun leads the second rotation. The grizzlies' offense needs spacing. Tony allen can't shoot. Conley is inconsistent. Now that their offense is even more focussed around post play, they'll HAVE to have a shooter on the wing.

i picked him up also... i think he averages 15 pts / 5 rebounds / 4-6 assists and two 3s a game.... the grizzlies play team basketball and I think he can fit in nicely

So in other words you think he's going to be Nicolas Batum?

Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace said he would not have pulled the trigger on Wednesday's trade if he didn't get Tayshaun Prince back.

The Grizzlies are apparently high on Prince's all-around offensive game and the upgrade he'll provide on Rudy Gay's defense. Expect him to start at small forward and push for 30 minutes nightly. Fantasy owners should note that Prince was getting 32.4 minutes per game in Detroit, but still managed just 11.7 points, 4.6 rebounds and 2.5 assists. He will be available for Friday's game against the Wizards, as will Ed Davis and Austin Daye. -rotoworld

and that was on the pistons who where a complete mess... whats wrong with looking at the upside of him being traded to a team that can stretch the court... if he hits his shots its completely possibly.. im not prince fan but after watching the grizzlies last night its clear they need someone who can do the little things... the only thing i dont like is how old he is...

His upside is 10th round unless he suddenly becomes 26 and the first option of the grizzlies while playing 36 minutes. Then we can safely pencil him at 6th round.

All star starter next season, first round value potential on paul george numbers. His ceiling is endless

I can only imagine that he will be excited to play for a team that has a chance to contend and a GM who highly coveted him.

In other words no chance in hell he holds any value

Well if we all played in 8 team leagues like yourself, we would probably agree.

Prince seems solid enough. He's got a 4-4-4 playoff shedule (starting 3/18). I had him to start the season but dropped him and never looked back. Is he still producing?