Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gdz89

$500 H2H Keeper League - Auction Draft

We have a good core group together and looking to start a new high stakes auction league.

1. 14 team league

2. H2H Total Points scoring

3. $500 entry fee. Fees will be processed and held through SportsVault.

4. Payouts: 1st - $3,500

2nd - $2,000

3rd - $1,000

Regular Season Winner - $500

5. Using the industry standard $260 for draft budget.

6. You must keep 5 players (1/3 of your starting roster) each season, totaling no more than $160. Your keeper budget is subtracted from your overall budget starting in Year 2.

7. Keepers can be kept for the 2nd year for their same price (eg Y1 = $20, Y2 = $20). Entering the 3rd season, you can either keep them for a 3rd and final season at salary + $5 (Y3 = $25) or sign them for another 3 years at $5 increase per year (so Y3 = $25, Y4 = $30, Y5 = $35).

8. Please check the scoring and roster settings. These have been proven settings for 10+ years.

9. I encourage trades but they will be reviewed by myself and the co-commissioner. I will bring in a 3rd party service if necessary.

Respond if you are interested and I will send an invite.

Thanks!

I am interested, but would want the regular season winner to payout much more than $500.. If I were an owner to dominate and run the table during the regular season (which accumulates 80-90% of the fantasy baseball season. ) and only get his/her money back? I wouldn't be to happy. Playoffs only consist of a few weeks for fantasy, and anyone can have a bad week. I also just don't see how a 3rd place gets twice as much money as a regular season champion.

If payouts were changed I would definitely be interested.

i have talked to our Commish about your interest and told him to message you. hopefully you can join. we only need 4 more to get this thing full. would be great to have you join!

I am interested, but would want the regular season winner to payout much more than $500.. If I were an owner to dominate and run the table during the regular season (which accumulates 80-90% of the fantasy baseball season. ) and only get his/her money back? I wouldn't be to happy. Playoffs only consist of a few weeks for fantasy, and anyone can have a bad week. I also just don't see how a 3rd place gets twice as much money as a regular season champion.

If payouts were changed I would definitely be interested.

Payouts are under debate. We are trying to find a balance of rewarding the regular season winner with cash and/or a bye in the playoffs. A bye would put you into the last 4 (6 team playoff) or we can up the regular season payout and move to a 8 team playoff format.

I understand. To me there is not nearly enough emphasis on the regular season with only a $500 reward for being the champion. The regular season constitutes 80-90% of the fantasy season and really establishes who has the best team. I could dominate all season, have 1 bad week in the playoffs and not win a dime.

I'm moreso looking for a league that rewards the regular season a lot more than a few weeks of fantasy playoffs, where it's anyone's game. Just my humble opinion.

What do you think of this?

1st - $3,000

2nd - $1,500

3rd - $1,000

Regular Season Winner - $1,500

8 Team Playoff

I do like that a lot more. What do you think, and do you see where I am coming from with the regular season payout? I just think 1st place and regular season champ deserve the most money because they are actually winning something. With 14 owners, an 8 team playoff would be alright. I would encourage some sort of points system for the higher playoff seeds to reward their regular season records. Can you email me the link to the site so I can check and see the league setup? tjfrenzel@hotmail.com Thanks

Payouts have been changed to:

• Regular season 1st place - $1,500
  • Regular season 2nd place - $1,000
  • Regular season 3rd place - $500
  • Most points in 1st half - $500
  • Most points in 2nd half of regular season - $500
  • Then a 6 team playoff where overall top 2 teams get a bye
  • Playoff winner - $1,500
  • Playoff 2nd place - $1,000
  • Playoff 3rd place - $500 (3rd place is the winner of the semi final losers)

Still looking for 4 more managers. Draft is next week!

This league is going to be very good. If your a fantasy baseball enthusiast, I'd suggest you get involved.

H2h points based is by far the best format for fantasy baseball.

I am interested. Email me at shabbas834@yahoo.com

Invite sent!

When is the draft?

This Thursday.

I was checking out the scoring settings. Are those gonna be adjuster or are they gonna be what I see? those are a lot of diffent catergories.

Which scoring settings are you referring to? I just made a post about the hitting k/bb settings. The commish is open to ideas to make our league as balanced as possible.

I also think we scrapped the perfect game/no hitter/hit for cycle points.