Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Wil Myers OF TB

Anyone noticed since he got to AAA he's played mostly as the DH... why? Shouldn't he be playing one of the OF positions over one of the clowns they are running out there now. Or is this a move to limit him from injury?

Another bomb. #4 at AAA. 17 HR in 50 games so far this year. Yowza.

Projections as who?

Hard to say but I've heard Jay Bruce before. I think Wil is a bit more athletic though. If he keeps hitting bombs then they'll find a place for him soon.

Projections as who?

Hard to say but I've heard Jay Bruce before. I think Wil is a bit more athletic though. If he keeps hitting bombs then they'll find a place for him soon.

I would hope so if they want him to play CF

Who do you all think projects well for the rest of the way....Myers or Rizzo? Say, they both get the call around the same time (like in Trout and Harper's cases) is Myers a the better prospect in terms of overall ability or how are they compared to each other?

Who do you all think projects well for the rest of the way....Myers or Rizzo? Say, they both get the call around the same time (like in Trout and Harper's cases) is Myers a the better prospect in terms of overall ability or how are they compared to each other?

If they get call at the same time, Myers. He's always been classified as a "pure hitter" and a "platinum bat"

I'll bet we don't see this guy until after the Royals get done playing in NL parks

Yeah trade deadline after they move Frenchy is my guess. Unless Hosmer gets sent down, but he started to hit.

I am a little biased because of what I saw in Rizzo last year. I don't know if he will be that successful in MLB. At least not immediately anyway.

Yet another bomb. Announcers said Wil has a sore shoulder and that is why he is DHing. Best hitter in the minors right now apologies to Rizzo.

He needs to come up soon, he has a lot less hype then rizzo right now too

I stashed him last week right after Behrens posted his article on him. 10 team H2H keeper, I will hang onto him all year if I have to.

I don't think he's coming up sadly. I have him stashed too, but there really is NO room for him anywhere unless someone gets injured or traded and the odds of that probably aren't good because Kansas City is as poorly run as San Diego.

You'd think they'd see how great all these other young top prospects are helping their team and said "well, maybe we should call him up"

I don't think he's coming up sadly. I have him stashed too, but there really is NO room for him anywhere unless someone gets injured or traded and the odds of that probably aren't good because Kansas City is as poorly run as San Diego.

The great Jarrod Dyson and the Spring Training Hall of Famer Lorenzo Cain are going to block him? I don't think so. They are stopgap fourth oufielders.

The great Jarrod Dyson and the Spring Training Hall of Famer Lorenzo Cain are going to block him? I don't think so. They are stopgap fourth oufielders.

That both play a pretty damm good CF. Just don't see Myers in CF everyday. Not Frenchy or Gordon either. Heck put Billy Butler in CF so we all can have sore ribs.

I don't even know how Myers can compete with Cains floor of 30 30, but I still think Cain will come back before Myers gets a shot to play center. I read somewhere today that Cain could be back by the end of the month. If someone is traded or Cain suffers another setback, dyson gets injured then maybe Myers will find his way up before july

That both play a pretty damm good CF. Just don't see Myers in CF everyday. Not Frenchy or Gordon either. Heck put Billy Butler in CF so we all can have sore ribs.

We all might be in the emergency room with a broke rib from laughing so hard... Uh, doc, I think I broke a rib from laughing so hard because I was watching Michelin man play CF.

Francoeur is a good OF. He could fake it in CF.

Frenchy has 2 games played in CF back in 2006 and thats it.

Hosmer and Moustakas at AAA before their call up:

Hosmer - 118 PA, .439/.525/.582

Moustakas - 250 PA, .287/.347/.498

Myers - 63 PA, .345/.397/.707

Moustakas actually logged 236 PA's the previous year as well: .271/.293/.314. My guess is that Wil will get at least another 100 PA's or so before getting the call. Wil K's more than Hosmer/Moose but his power is absolutely insane.

Hosmer and Moustakas at AAA before their call up:

Hosmer - 118 PA, .439/.525/.582

Moustakas - 250 PA, .287/.347/.498

Myers - 63 PA, .345/.397/.707

Moustakas actually logged 236 PA's the previous year as well: .271/.293/.314. My guess is that Wil will get at least another 100 PA's or so before getting the call. Wil K's more than Hosmer/Moose but his power is absolutely insane.

Those must just be AAA #'s ?