Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Wil Myers OF TB

So, everyone at least can agree that Myers will be called up sometime this year correct? I have the first two spots in my leagues WW and have them saved for Myers and Hultzen!

No doubt, but is it at the trade deadline or Sept 1st ? Or maybe even right after the all star break

No doubt, but is it at the trade deadline or Sept 1st ? Or maybe even right after the all star break

Thats a question I think we all wish we knew. I guess if he continues to hit like he is right now, there is no way he is still in the minors on August 1st. Some team will either trade for him or the Royals will trade something to make room for him.

Well, I have had my eye or Mr Myers since last year and have followed him while he was still a catcher..The dude is legit I think and well worth me keeping the WW spot for him.....

Thanks for the help :)

Jeff Francoeur is not a good outfielder, he just has a good arm. This is 5 years in a row where his range has rated really bad in right field.

As a Royals fan that always follows their prospects religiously I am pretty mystified at the Wil Myers center field stuff. I just don't think he can play a legit center field besides being thrown in there a game here or there. I really don't care what the Royals say either. They are constantly wrong on decisions and flat out hate sabermetrics. This is the team that keeps acquiring Yuniesky Betancourt and think he's a good defender. The organization is 30 years behind the curve.

The funny thing is this team would try everything they could to get David Dejesus out of center and into a corner basically because he didnt have 80 speed and didnt fit what they thought a centerfielder should be and then they are going to try Myers? Ok Royals...

And let me add the ONLY reason he's being thrown in center is because Dayton Moore and Ned Yost have always had a hard-on for Francouer coming from their days with the Braves. Moore was trying to acquire him for years and it was a running joke for Royals fans, especially when he finally did. Then, when given a choice between Francouer and Melky Cabrera who do they choose? Well, Francouer of course, a new 2 year deal! So the reason Myers is being moved to center is because Francouer is in right to stay. They act like the guy is Justin Upton or something and is irreplaceable. So I, and other Royals fans are really trying to figure out how this is going to go because on one hand we REALLY don't think the crappy management will move Francouer because they are in love with him and on the other hand, we have serious doubts Myers can handle center.

Its just funny that a premier prospect gets shifted positions because of Jeff freaking Francouer. Its just the Royals....

Myers hit his 19th HR today. He's cut his K's a little but he's DH'd for the last 12 games.

Without a doubt the best impact bat in the minors right now. I think he can succeed right away.

WIl Myers is currently in video game mode. You'd think at some point KC who is in the race for the playoffs might want to be getting all these hits on their big league team. Then again, they are run as poorly as the Padres so i'm sure Moore will trade him for some magic beans or something similar.

Anyone see room for Myers on my team anywhere? Weekly format so it's important to have lots of SP. It's a keeper league, though. And if I pick him up now I can probably get him for $1 then get to keep him for $1 next year.

Anyone see room for Myers on my team anywhere? Weekly format so it's important to have lots of SP. It's a keeper league, though. And if I pick him up now I can probably get him for $1 then get to keep him for $1 next year.

Take that to bench coach

Take that to bench coach

Will do. I haven't been paying attention to Myers, just Rizzo and Arenado because I'm weak at those positions. How good is Mr. Myers? Trout-like expectations or more of a power hitter?

Take that to bench coach

Will do. I haven't been paying attention to Myers, just Rizzo and Arenado because I'm weak at those positions. How good is Mr. Myers? Trout-like expectations or more of a power hitter?

If its a healthy Wil Myers, think Joe Mauer 2009. Average might not be 350 or whatever it was, but should at least be 300+

Take that to bench coach

If its a healthy Wil Myers, think Joe Mauer 2009. Average might not be 350 or whatever it was, but should at least be 300+

Not sure where you came up with Joe Mauer but Myers has much higher power potential. Wil also doesn't take a ton of walks so the AVG probably won't be very good at least until he improves his eye. I heard Jay Bruce as his comp before.

Whats with the lefthanded comps ? Matt Holliday, early years B4 he got as slow and as defensive useless as he is now.

I want to pick him up really bad but I don't want to wait a month+ for his call up. Ugh, decisions, decisions.

Whats with the lefthanded comps ? Matt Holliday, early years B4 he got as slow and as defensive useless as he is now.

The Bruce comp was based on a similar plate discipline and power; not necessarily body type or handedness. Holliday is not a bad comp but I think Wil hits for more power and less AVG.

Finally played CF last night although he went 0-4 at the plate.

John Heyman just tweeted:

wil myers really raking for #royals in minors. big power. but they wont rush. want to see him continue to put up numbers

So I guess we have to wait until mid/end of July when he has 41 HR for him to get the call-up

wil myers really raking for #royals in minors. big power. but they wont rush. want to see him continue to put up numbers

So I guess we have to wait until mid/end of July when he has 41 HR for him to get the call-up

Heyman is terrible. I still think Myers will be up sooner than later.

Very curious to see him play. So you guys think a Jay Bruce type of stick?

The Bruce comp was based on a similar plate discipline and power; not necessarily body type or handedness. Holliday is not a bad comp but I think Wil hits for more power and less AVG.

Finally played CF last night although he went 0-4 at the plate.

And yet B4 he got to the PCL his high in homers was 14. Lets hope he grew into his power, but many players had there high in homers in the PCL and never came close to it.

Nope, its going to be awhile.

Nope, its going to be awhile.

All evidence points to the contrary. See Hosmer and Moustakas.

I live in KC and the assistant GM/Scouting Director JJ Picollo was on 610 sports this morning...(it's podcast on the website) He said Myers would compete for a starting spot in 2013... Take it for what it's worth, they have a strange obsession with Francoeur.

The numbers are crazy though, I think he'd have to take over CF but they're getting Cain back in a few weeks as well... As a long time KC resident and fan I would be extremely shocked if he gets more than a cup of coffee this year, assuming Gordon and Frenchy stay healthy all year. Don't kill the messenger! Ha ha, just the Local vibe were all hearing here