Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Wil Myers OF TB

John Heyman just tweeted:

wil myers really raking for #royals in minors. big power. but they wont rush. want to see him continue to put up numbers

So I guess we have to wait until mid/end of July when he has 41 HR for him to get the call-up

Heyman is terrible. I still think Myers will be up sooner than later.

Nope, its going to be awhile.

All evidence points to the contrary. See Hosmer and Moustakas.

Moustakas got 486 AAA at bats and Hosmer had absoultely no obstacles in his way at the big league level.

And like pmcoughl said JJ Piccollo said just today opening day 2013 for Myers. I think we'll see him a little before that though. You're just going to have to trust Royals fans on this one.

Took Shelby Miller deep 2day for #21. Impressive. Or is that 20? MLB depth charts said 21 but i see 20

Whats with the lefthanded comps ? Matt Holliday, early years B4 he got as slow and as defensive useless as he is now.

The Bruce comp was based on a similar plate discipline and power; not necessarily body type or handedness. Holliday is not a bad comp but I think Wil hits for more power and less AVG.

Finally played CF last night although he went 0-4 at the plate.

And yet B4 he got to the PCL his high in homers was 14. Lets hope he grew into his power, but many players had there high in homers in the PCL and never came close to it.

Myers hit 13 HR in 152 PA at AA before PCL so his power is not just league inflated. His ISO at various stops:

.373 (higher after today)

He has legit power IMO.

Moustakas got 486 AAA at bats and Hosmer had absoultely no obstacles in his way at the big league level.

And like pmcoughl said JJ Piccollo said just today opening day 2013 for Myers. I think we'll see him a little before that though. You're just going to have to trust Royals fans on this one.

GM's go back on their word all the time. It might take an injury or a trade but I can't imagine a scenario where Myers doesn't get the call soon if he keeps raking like this.

Whats with the lefthanded comps ? Matt Holliday, early years B4 he got as slow and as defensive useless as he is now.

The Bruce comp was based on a similar plate discipline and power; not necessarily body type or handedness. Holliday is not a bad comp but I think Wil hits for more power and less AVG.

Finally played CF last night although he went 0-4 at the plate.

And yet B4 he got to the PCL his high in homers was 14. Lets hope he grew into his power, but many players had there high in homers in the PCL and never came close to it.

Myers hit 13 HR in 152 PA at AA before PCL so his power is not just league inflated. His ISO at various stops:

.373 (higher after today)

He has legit power IMO.

Not sure what Wil's ISO was at AFL over the winter but he hit 4 HR, with a slash stats of .360/.481/.674 in 86 PA.

PCL and Texas league are the 2 best hitting leagues out there, but he seems to be finding it. And the AFL is in there as well

GM's go back on their word all the time. It might take an injury or a trade but I can't imagine a scenario where Myers doesn't get the call soon if he keeps raking like this.

They do go back on their word all the time, I was just relaying what I heard on the radio, trust me I'd love to see him up tomorrow.... but the Royals are such a small market and have actual cash (not rookie contracts) wrapped up in both corner OF spots, he's not moving Frency or Gordon out of a starting spot any time...

A positive I heard though was that he was excelling at 3B (blocked by Moose though)

I dunno, it seems like the smart move IS TO BRING HIM UP but were the Royals, we f most everything up.

You have to ponder IF the same management still exist with the Royals, does the way they brought up Gordon have any impact how they treat Myers, far as a call up?

They do go back on their word all the time, I was just relaying what I heard on the radio, trust me I'd love to see him up tomorrow.... but the Royals are such a small market and have actual cash (not rookie contracts) wrapped up in both corner OF spots, he's not moving Frency or Gordon out of a starting spot any time...

A positive I heard though was that he was excelling at 3B (blocked by Moose though)

I dunno, it seems like the smart move IS TO BRING HIM UP but were the Royals, we f most everything up.

He's playing CF though. They have Dyson right now and Cain when he comes back. I'm pretty confident those two won't hold off Myers no matter how bad his fielding might be in CF.

He's playing CF though. They have Dyson right now and Cain when he comes back. I'm pretty confident those two won't hold off Myers no matter how bad his fielding might be in CF.

Let's be real, he's played a handful of games at CF in his pro career, we have a manager and GM that hit us over the head with the need for defense up the middle (Sal, Esky, Cain?) CONSTANTLY

If the Royals are in the hunt I think the more likely scenario would be to move Gordon to CF, we dropped a horrible game to the twins last night though, (7 back?) Vin Mazzaro is in the rotation, 2013 has been the year all along.

It might take an injury or a trade

Well yeah, that's exactly what its going to take. And really the only player that could be traded to help his situation is Francouer whom Moore and Yost are both pregnant with his child.

He'll be up soon. Soon, he'll start to regress if they keep him at AAA. He's taking the top pitching prospects for a lot of teams deep.

What are the chances Myers gets 5 starts a year at catcher on the MLB level? Him keeping his catcher eligibility could be huge in keeper leagues. Couldn't the Royals use him as a Ryan Doumit type player where Myers starts in the OF usually but gets spot starts at catcher to get Cain some CF time?

@raford3: #Royals manager Ned Yost says Eric Hosmer will play RF in Pittsburgh this weekend. Butler will be at 1B & Francoeur in CF

Frenchy in CF?? I'd def pay close attention to how they do vs PIT and MLW this coming week. Changing my tune a bit after reading that

It might take an injury or a trade

Well yeah, that's exactly what its going to take. And really the only player that could be traded to help his situation is Francouer whom Moore and Yost are both pregnant with his child.

Not necessarily. Injury or a trade will definitely pave the way but I believe Myers controls his own destiny. They'll find room for him if he keeps raking. No doubt about it.

2013 has been the year all along.

@raford3: #Royals manager Ned Yost says Eric Hosmer will play RF in Pittsburgh this weekend. Butler will be at 1B & Francoeur in CF

Frenchy in CF?? I'd def pay close attention to how they do vs PIT and MLW this coming week. Changing my tune a bit after reading that

Changing your tune a lot. Well, this is certainly an interesting development.

Francouer playing center at NL parks isnt interesting at all. He's playing there so Hosmer and Butler can both get into the lineups in NL games. Francoeur has bad range in right, center is going to be brutal. Francouer is going to be the most out of position center fielder to get into a game in awhile.

That will be fun to watch, like Vinny Rotiano playing out there.

What are the chances Myers gets 5 starts a year at catcher on the MLB level? Him keeping his catcher eligibility could be huge in keeper leagues. Couldn't the Royals use him as a Ryan Doumit type player where Myers starts in the OF usually but gets spot starts at catcher to get Cain some CF time?

Zero chance.

My league is 2 games, and The Panda can't get there either. Just not gonna happen 5 times for ya

When was the last time Myers played C anyway?

When was the last time Myers played C anyway?

75 games in 2010

Another game in CF tonight and another bomb!!!!!! My guess is this guy is manning CF as soon as inter-league is over. Wouldn't that be in a couple weeks??

They interviewed him on XM radio shortly after his game today. Jim Bowden has a hard on for him, as he should. He sounded real down to earth and the kind of guy who you want to root for.

Bowden ended the segment by shouting that it was ridiculous he's still in the minors, yelling "I hope Moore is listening right now, because this kid doesn't belong to be anywhere but on an MLB roster. GET HIM UP TOMORROW"

Jim must have him in his fantasy "experts" league, haha.

Per Rotoworld:

"Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that there's "no chance" outfield prospect Wil Myers is promoted from Triple-A this weekend with the Royals playing in Pittsburgh.

The Royals are likely to call someone up during the interleague series, but Dutton guesses it will be Clint Robinson. One of the top prospects in the game, Myers is having a phenomenal year, batting .337/.401/.721 with 20 homers and 48 RBI over 232 plate appearances between Double- and Triple-A. We expect to see him in the big leagues this season, but a promotion doesn't appear to be imminent."