Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rdf8585

Wil Myers OF TB

let the kid develop in the minors for some more time.. look at anthony rizzo and brandon belt.. ryan howard and others stayed in the minors and it payed off

Do you want him to bat over .500 before he can get called up? He's on pace for like 60 homers and 120 rbis with a .350 average. I think they are actually HURTING his development. He needs to face major league quality pitching. He could be in the minors for 5 more years and still struggle when he gets to the majors, not meaning that he is a bust, just that he will go through an adjustment phase. If they call him up for the rest of the season, i guarantee he would be a more developed and better hitter by the end of the year then if they leave him down in the minors.

let the kid develop in the minors for some more time.. look at anthony rizzo and brandon belt.. ryan howard and others stayed in the minors and it payed off

Ryan Braun, Evan Longoria, Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Hunter Pence and Jose Altuve disagree with your statement.

Also.. Rizzo, Belt and Howard were never blue chip prospects before pro baseball. Myers had a full ride to USC (South Carolina) who at the time was the best program in the nation. Also the Royals paid him 2 million dollars as a 2nd rd pick. He's in the teir with Harper/Trout/Profar/etc

Ryan Braun, Evan Longoria, Bryce Harper, Mike Trout, Hunter Pence and Jose Altuve disagree with your statement.

Also.. Rizzo, Belt and Howard were never blue chip prospects before pro baseball. Myers had a full ride to USC (South Carolina) who at the time was the best program in the nation. Also the Royals paid him 2 million dollars as a 2nd rd pick. He's in the teir with Harper/Trout/Profar/etc

Hard to list college guys with high school kids. Every1 screemed for Lawrie last year and he did well last year, but has not found it this year. If Frenchy were not to get hot like he did, or Hosmer start to hit Myers would be up.

Problem is, players develop differently. What works for some doesn't work for others. You have to treat each player as a unique case. Myers could use some more time for sure but what is the point of dominating an inferior league? Isn't the goal to get the prospects to the Majors? If a player is significantly outperforming then what is the purpose of holding him back? The one thing that gets in the way is money. There are existing players on the MLB roster who are getting paid a fat salary and service time is another matter. As a comparison, I didn't think Rizzo was rushed last year at the time but it was clear that he wasn't ready once they called him up. I think they'll end up doing the same with Myers within the next few weeks.

....meanwhile D. Moore sitting in his office at KC looking at his Francoeur poster and picking peddles off a flower. "He loves me, he loves me not. He loves me..."

I'm picking up Mr. Myers this weekend. Waivers run Sunday and Monday morning, hopefully no one is tracking him so I can snag him for $1.

I just scooped him up and dropped Kendrick. Gonna hold him till he gets call. Did the same last season with Jennings and he def help me big down the stretch. You guys think he will have a Lawrie type impact once he gets called or is that way too much to ask?

Without an injury my guess is we see him either June 12 or June 22 - my guess is June 22 when they open the homestand with STL and are done playing on the road in NL parks.

Myers will force a move. He is the best bat in the minors period.

The scary thing is, we are currently reaching Brett Lawrie territory. Some pitcher is going to go out there and say "I'll show this guy. I'm not going to let him hit one out on me." At which point he'll throw one up and in to back Myers out and it'll most likely hit him on the hand.

KC needs to call him up now before they screw themselves.

To think that he's been playing all this time with a bum arm. I cannot wait to see this kid in the majors.

Without an injury my guess is we see him either June 12 or June 22 - my guess is June 22 when they open the homestand with STL and are done playing on the road in NL parks.

I want to see him up as much as anyone, but to me barring injury or trade it isn't gonna happen until far later in the season. His options are OF and maaaaaaaybe 3B. Gordon, Frenchy, and Mous aren't going anywhere this season. Maybe if they scrap the Cain plan in center they can move Gordon there and Myers to LF.

I just don't see it being that clear.

I want to see him up as much as anyone, but to me barring injury or trade it isn't gonna happen until far later in the season. His options are OF and maaaaaaaybe 3B. Gordon, Frenchy, and Mous aren't going anywhere this season. Maybe if they scrap the Cain plan in center they can move Gordon there and Myers to LF.

I just don't see it being that clear.

Pretty sure he'll be up soon and in CF. They wouldn't be playing him everyday in CF at AAA if they planned on moving him to RF or 3b when he's called up. In the article on MILB the other day, the head of the farm system for KC said something along the lines of "Wil could be the CF in Kansas City for a long, long time."

He has 5 Homeruns in last 7 games, last night he homered off oswalt at triple a..... this is insane, if he keeps this pace up for another week I am having hard time believing anyone thats going to tell me "nah he wont be called up anytime soon". Thats all there is to it.

Lets ASSUME (and we all know what that means) Myers is called up soon.....where do you "rank him" amongst catchers this year for yahoo leagues?

Lets ASSUME (and we all know what that means) Myers is called up soon.....where do you "rank him" amongst catchers this year for yahoo leagues?

Probably around top 12 if he starts full time and continues to hit.

Probably around top 12 if he starts full time and continues to hit.

Just to clarify...are you saying around #12? Or would you project he could work his way up higher if all things are equal? Many top catchers are doing rather poorly up to this point in the season. Does Myers have Buster Posey/McCann type potential?

I'm sorry but #12 - a guy who plays every day and is C eligible with his type of power?? This dude is a must pick-up as an OF in standard leagues let alone at C

hate to be a kill joy, but why am i getting a rizzo vibe? i remember, last year, getting all geeked up over rizzo only to be sourly disappointed.

hate to be a kill joy, but why am i getting a rizzo vibe? i remember, last year, getting all geeked up over rizzo only to be sourly disappointed.

Myers is a much better prospect than Rizzo FWIW.

Here is the clip of the granny off Oswalt: http://www.milb.com/multimedia/vpp.jsp?content_id=22110659