Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Gregory Polanco - OF PIT

Polanco and Springer are only comparable by age, and slightly speed, but really they are completely different. Springer I think will always be the better fantasy player, Polanco the better real player. He has an incredible strike zone and contact ability.

Service time isn't really there with Polanco yet though. Obviously it's a possibility. Most people didn't think Puig would get the call last year, and he did. If you have the spot and it doesn't hurt you, it's a solid move, but chances are that he won't be called up.

Springer is the exception not the rule when it comes to call ups.

Well a few years back the Angels called up Trout and next thing you know the Nats called up Harper...Pretty sure most didn't expect Harper up that soon. Money means a lot in this business, but IMO winning should mean the most. The question is, does Polanco make the Pirates better right now?

Thats not remotely the question. Polanco would make any team better. The question is two fold:

Do we financially want to hold off

Do we feel he needs more work/development.

So this guy is trending all over the media today because everyone got all horny due to the Springer callup? Got it.

Where would you guys project him in their lineup? He sounds like an ideal #2 type hitter?

Where would you guys project him in their lineup? He sounds like an ideal #2 type hitter?

He's basically Starling Marte with better plate discipline and pitch recognition. I'd say leadoff or two hole.

If he can take a walk he should bat leadoff. Marte is not a good lead off hitter

Polanco is in the starting line-up for his minor league team now. I was hoping he would get pulled and sent up.

I think he will still be up early May even if he doesn't get called up to replace Tabata.

Tabata isn't even an every day player. Why would they call up polanco to replace him on the bench?

Gregory Polanco has swung and missed 6 times in 170 pitches this year. One was to protect a base-stealer.

Crazy.

Gregory Polanco has swung and missed 6 times in 170 pitches this year. One was to protect a base-stealer.

Crazy.

That's insane, where did you find that little nugget?

Crazy.

That's insane, where did you find that little nugget?

I just happened to read the same article so I'm guessing this is where he found it.

http://www.baseballa...regory-polanco/

Yup. That article was all over twitter as well.

Counting the days 'till he gets called up.

While I may have discredited Polanco a bit too much in the past, I think his value is at an all time high right now in keeper leagues. I'd be cashing in on him. I think he will struggle hard upon a major league call up.

While I may have discredited Polanco a bit too much in the past, I think his value is at an all time high right now in keeper leagues. I'd be cashing in on him. I think he will struggle hard upon a major league call up.

Just wondering, but what makes you say that?

While I may have discredited Polanco a bit too much in the past, I think he will win the triple crown this year.

while I may have discredited Polanco a bit too much in the past, I think he will make us say "who's Mike Trout?"

I like Polanco a lot, but that's kind of absurd.

Based on what? Not trying to be a douche, but what are you seeing that indicates that?

Only knock I see is his swing is pretty long, but makes up for it with killer bat speed. Like most young kids he'll need to adjust to MLB off speed stuff. But he doesn't show a lot of the classic red flags, he's got good plate discipline which continues to improve, cut way down on his K rate, crazy contact skills backed up by excellent hard contact, he'll probably slide into the Pirates 2 hole - which is a very nice spot, fill me in here.

The dude absolutely has a mouth watering OF baseball frame that he's growing into, and give it like Bogaerts - he won't be a big power guy right away, but the tools/size are there to graduate into that role. He'll sprinkle in some speed with the run happy Pirates, probably lots of 2Bs, decent average.

I could see him batting leadoff.. Marte is NOT a good leadoff hitter so I see Polanco batting right at leadoff and maybe Marte sliding down into the 2 hole

while I may have discredited Polanco a bit too much in the past, I think he will make us say "who's Mike Trout?"

Dude it was a joke at the above post talking about Polanco stuggling hard and people selling him before he even has an AB, good job breaking the streak though at wrestlemania

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, April 19, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, April 19, 2014 - No reason given

ZxqkeAo.png

I keed, I keed. BUT Polanco is putting up some insane numbers in the minors right now and to suggest that he's gonna "struggle hard" without any reasoning behind it is a little ridiculous.

Dude it was a joke at the above post talking about Polanco stuggling hard and people selling him before he even has an AB, good job breaking the streak though at wrestlemania

Haha, sorry on the missed joke. I'm not Polanco, I do miss a lot.

And thanks. I was there live, awesome show. Made this vid that got semi popular.