Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Gregory Polanco - OF PIT

3-5 with 3 RBI and a run so far tonight, while the Pirates RFs are a combined 0-4 with 2 Ks vs. Milwaukee.

Curse you, Super Two!

Can't wait for the call up. Pirates first four batters will look like this:

Marte ®

Polanco (L)

McCutchen ®

Alvarez (L)

This would be a sweet spot for Polanco to fall into. Unfortunately, I do think the Pirates will wait until after Super 2 (June 10th?) before calling him up. They did the same thing with McCutchen and Marte. Not sure if the Davis trade helps or hinders an earlier call up.

Can't wait for the call up. Pirates first four batters will look like this:

Marte ®

Polanco (L)

McCutchen ®

Alvarez (L)

This would be a sweet spot for Polanco to fall into. Unfortunately, I do think the Pirates will wait until after Super 2 (June 10th?) before calling him up. They did the same thing with McCutchen and Marte. Not sure if the Davis trade helps or hinders an earlier call up.

And Cole. Guaranteed they'll wait until after Super 2.

Glad to stash him in my NA spot after Springer got the unexpected call up. I don't think Davis really affects Polanco at all.

What is a projection on him if he plays 2 months this year?

.273 6 homers 10 steals RBI and runs depends on batting order assuming he isn't up til August

Polanco

Marte

McCutchen

Alvarez

Ike/Gaby

Martin

Walker

Mercer

P

Thats how I see the lineup being come Polancos call up

I can't see this guy staying down long......Just destroying the ball. The Pirates are under 500, they may look this way for a spark real soon.

0-3 with one walk and two strikeouts last night vs Jeff Francis. Maybe soft tossing lefties is his kryptonite.

What a bum. The Pirates should sell high, maybe move him for Drew Stubbs.

Moving target depends on some percentage of other prospects getting called up. I forget the pct. But that's why the date floats.

Moving target depends on some percentage of other prospects getting called up. I forget the pct. But that's why the date floats.

Think it's 22% now from 17% which is why it's a few weeks later than it used to be.

Good read on why the Pirates might not have the luxury of waiting for the Super Two to pass:

"Polanco's performance combined with the Pirates need to keep pace may actually force Huntington to do what he's thus far been unwilling to do: promote a star prospect without concern for a fourth year of arbitration eligibility."

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2014/4/22/5638166/pittsburgh-pirates-ike-davis-trade-gregory-polanco-promotion

Good read on why the Pirates might not have the luxury of waiting for the Super Two to pass:

"Polanco's performance combined with the Pirates need to keep pace may actually force Huntington to do what he's thus far been unwilling to do: promote a star prospect without concern for a fourth year of arbitration eligibility."

http://www.mlbdailyd...lanco-promotion

A week ago I would have said he'd be down until mid June. But with how badly the Pirates are doing at the moment it wouldn't surprise me to see him up within a month. Just my opinion

will this kid have value this year in a 10 or 12 team redraft?

Yes. He'll have value in all leagues. He's a mixture of power/speed/contact

will this kid have value this year in a 10 or 12 team redraft?

Yes. He'll have value in all leagues. He's a mixture of power/speed/contact

I agree with this, the guy's got ridiculous skills. He may have a period where he has to adjust to the majors, but he looks pretty ready to go from all accounts that I've heard.

With Travis Snider's impending suspension, do the Pirates pull the trigger on calling Polanco up sooner?

With Travis Snider's impending suspension, do the Pirates pull the trigger on calling Polanco up sooner?

doubt it, especially since the appeal wont be for a while

No shot. They are so cheap they make the Rays look like the Yankees.

I honestly think Huntington would rather have another under .500 season and save a few bucks than call up people who could help his club make the playoffs again. When I watch how Pirates management does things, it reminds me of my hometown hockey team, the Washington Capitals. Once we make the playoffs, lets just say thats good enough and hopefully we'll continue to make it. Meanwhile we'll waste the career of an MVP surrounding him with mediocre talent and we'll be too cheap to sign/trade for the players we actually need.

8th inning 3 for 5 homer a steal and 4 rbi

Needs to be called up