Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

baseballchamp

Which arm is better for ROS and keeper

Please Rate these pitchers for this year and next.

My ratings

This year: > Cingrani - Gausman - Beachy

Keeper for 2yrs> Beachy-Cingrani-Gausman

The rankings from Travis and Dan are pretty spot on.

I think it's hands down Beachey for me. Just look at what he has done in the time he's been at the MLB level so far. He has been absolutely fantastic and will be in one of the weaker division if not weakest for year to come, getting to pitch to MIA/NYM/PHI, yes please. Having ther ATL bats behind him is a big plus. I don't care if he is or was hurt, with so many SPs coming back from various injuries including what Beachey had, not one thing that makes me feel he won't be great this year and down the road.

Gausman has been smacked around his two starts. Not saying he doesn't have good stuff and decent upside though. Keep in mind playing in the AL East isn't the best breeding ground for young up and coming pitchers with the lineups they face not just in their own division but all the other stacked AL lineups. This kid is barely out of college and I think they are hoping to get something out of him a good deal too soon.

Cingrani showed some nice promise, fizzled out a little once hitters caught on to him mainly being a fastball SP. If he works another pitch or two into his arsenal he could be a pretty darn good SP. He also has a great lineup behind him. I'd have to see a little more of him to rank him over Beachey.