Rotoworld.com Forums

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Zombies

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another HR for the number 1 MILB prospect. He will be up sooner than later at this pace.

If by sooner you mean mid-2015, then yes, he will be up sooner rather than later.

agree to disagree, but he will be up in september. You cant hold back a once in a century prospect like Bryant.

another HR for the number 1 MILB prospect. He will be up sooner than later at this pace.

If by sooner you mean mid-2015, then yes, he will be up sooner rather than later.

How much earlier is sooner before later then?

Needs to not have errors. He has to be perfect. Hit homers and field well. He can't give the cubs any reasons to keep him down.

Don't hold your breath. Epstein already said he's not coming up this year.

You do know that at times GMs play a PR game right? You ever seen an organization state "person A is still my closer" only to be followed 12 hours later by an announcement that they are going to use a closer by committee?

Nothing is ever set in stone. He probably won't be called up, but to deny there is even a chance is silly. Are you telling me if he homers in 30 straight games they won't call him up? Of course they would. There are always scenarios that elicit a change in strategy. It is up to Bryant to create a situation in which the front office sees more benefit in bringing him up that keeping him down. Those are lofty goals but the possibility always exists.

agree to disagree, but he will be up in september. You cant hold back a once in a century prospect like Bryant.

Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr, Bryce Harper, and Stephen Strasburg would beg to differ with that characterization.

The Cubs are smart. They have nothing to gain whatsoever by calling him up now. They will win a few more games and end up with a worse draft pick in 2015. And they will lose Bryant to FA a year earlier than they otherwise would. What's in it for them?

It's not like he's Jose Fernandez who would bring an extra 15,000 fans through the gates every time he pitched. Bryant will create a small boost to attendance at first, then fade into the "wait til next year" chant like the rest of the Cubs' team.

Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr, Bryce Harper, and Stephen Strasburg would beg to differ with that characterization.

The Cubs are smart. They have nothing to gain whatsoever by calling him up now. They will win a few more games and end up with a worse draft pick in 2015. And they will lose Bryant to FA a year earlier than they otherwise would. What's in it for them?

It's not like he's Jose Fernandez who would bring an extra 15,000 fans through the gates every time he pitched. Bryant will create a small boost to attendance at first, then fade into the "wait til next year" chant like the rest of the Cubs' team.

I agree, the Cubs have no reason to bring him up. They never have issues with attendance. Wrigley is always packed with families of four with Cubs bumper stickers on the back of their minivan and drunk college geeks in the bleachers. Going to a Cubs game is just a step below taking a vacation to Disney Land, heck they even have a half naked mascot bear now named Clarke! brilliant.....

I'm proud to say I'm a Chicago White Sox fan. Enjoy your drought and the curse of the goat and whatever else you want to blame your pathetic ball club on.

I agree, the Cubs have no reason to bring him up. They never have issues with attendance. Wrigley is always packed with families of four with Cubs bumper stickers on the back of their minivan and drunk college geeks in the bleachers. Going to a Cubs game is just a step below taking a vacation to Disney Land, heck they even have a half naked mascot bear now named Clarke! brilliant.....

I'm proud to say I'm a Chicago White Sox fan. Enjoy your drought and the curse of the goat and whatever else you want to blame your pathetic ball club on.

Wow. All the hostility.

Cubs/White Sox? Who cares. It's still the midwest dontcha know?

Bryant isn't coming up this year, no matter what. Cubs dont need him this year, they need him next year.

The White Sox have won exactly one championship in nearly 100 years. Note: That's just as horrible/pathetic as the Cubs.

Seeing that the Cubs farm system is rich with prospects like Kris Bryant, even the most astute Sox fans realize: The Cubs have a significantly brighter future than the Sox. Can't wait to see Bryant up with the big league club!

Cubs/White Sox? Who cares. It's still the midwest dontcha know?

Bryant isn't coming up this year, no matter what. Cubs dont need him this year, they need him next year.

I agree for a variety of reasons. Most importantly, the FO really wants to see sustained success from their players at the AAA level.

I give about a 1 in 10,000 chance Bryant is called up this year. Don't get your hopes up.

He will be up this year. Hard to hold back the number 1 prospect in all of baseball. Nobody else is the game is on his tier either.

I'd say joey gallo

Bryant has more pop and will hit for a better average. As i said, nobody is on his tier.

I agree Bryant is the better overall prospect. Better contact rates/more polished hitter, etc.

How does Bryant have more Pop than Gallo? Doesn't Gallo have 80 power?

I give about a 1 in 10,000 chance Bryant is called up this year. Don't get your hopes up.

He will be up this year. Hard to hold back the number 1 prospect in all of baseball. Nobody else is the game is on his tier either.

I'd say joey gallo

Bryant has more pop and will hit for a better average. As i said, nobody is on his tier.

I agree Bryant is the better overall prospect. Better contact rates/more polished hitter, etc.

It's all incredibly subjective. Sano has 80 power as well I thought. I dont think anyone knows for sure who will be a better power hitter in the majors between all 3, but I think its safe to say they all have great power and Bryant is furthest along.

I'd say joey gallo

It's all incredibly subjective. Sano has 80 power as well I thought. I dont think anyone knows for sure who will be a better power hitter in the majors between all 3, but I think its safe to say they all have great power and Bryant is furthest along.

It doesn't make too much sense to claim he has more. Unless he doesn't think Gallo has 80 power. Or I'm thinking of the word "pop" differently than you guys.

I'd say joey gallo

I think Bryant is the best hitter of the group of himself, Sano, and Gallo. He will strike out but he will walk a lot too.

The White Sox have won exactly one championship in nearly 100 years. Note: That's just as horrible/pathetic as the Cubs.

Seeing that the Cubs farm system is rich with prospects like Kris Bryant, even the most astute Sox fans realize: The Cubs have a significantly brighter future than the Sox. Can't wait to see Bryant up with the big league club!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'd take Abreu, Sale, and Rodon over Bryant, Baez, and Rizzo every day of the week. Micah Johnson should be just as good, if not better, than Alcantara. I'd also rather have Eaton than Almora. I'd take Soler over Avi Garcia, but not by much. Castro and Ramirez are pretty much a wash. The cores of these 2 teams are very close in terms of talent, so I don't think you can definitely say that one team's future is significantly brighter than the other's.

Archived