Rotoworld.com Forums

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Zombies

agree to disagree, but he will be up in september. You cant hold back a once in a century prospect like Bryant.

Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr, Bryce Harper, and Stephen Strasburg would beg to differ with that characterization.

The Cubs are smart. They have nothing to gain whatsoever by calling him up now. They will win a few more games and end up with a worse draft pick in 2015. And they will lose Bryant to FA a year earlier than they otherwise would. What's in it for them?

It's not like he's Jose Fernandez who would bring an extra 15,000 fans through the gates every time he pitched. Bryant will create a small boost to attendance at first, then fade into the "wait til next year" chant like the rest of the Cubs' team.

I agree, the Cubs have no reason to bring him up. They never have issues with attendance. Wrigley is always packed with families of four with Cubs bumper stickers on the back of their minivan and drunk college geeks in the bleachers. Going to a Cubs game is just a step below taking a vacation to Disney Land, heck they even have a half naked mascot bear now named Clarke! brilliant.....

I'm proud to say I'm a Chicago White Sox fan. Enjoy your drought and the curse of the goat and whatever else you want to blame your pathetic ball club on.

The White Sox have won exactly one championship in nearly 100 years. Note: That's just as horrible/pathetic as the Cubs.

Seeing that the Cubs farm system is rich with prospects like Kris Bryant, even the most astute Sox fans realize: The Cubs have a significantly brighter future than the Sox. Can't wait to see Bryant up with the big league club!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'd take Abreu, Sale, and Rodon over Bryant, Baez, and Rizzo every day of the week. Micah Johnson should be just as good, if not better, than Alcantara. I'd also rather have Eaton than Almora. I'd take Soler over Avi Garcia, but not by much. Castro and Ramirez are pretty much a wash. The cores of these 2 teams are very close in terms of talent, so I don't think you can definitely say that one team's future is significantly brighter than the other's.

I trust Epstein and Hoyer though. Once the prospects come up, chances are they are going to start really spending money in free agency, something the White Sox aren't known for.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agree to disagree, but he will be up in september. You cant hold back a once in a century prospect like Bryant.

Alex Rodriguez, Ken Griffey Jr, Bryce Harper, and Stephen Strasburg would beg to differ with that characterization.

The Cubs are smart. They have nothing to gain whatsoever by calling him up now. They will win a few more games and end up with a worse draft pick in 2015. And they will lose Bryant to FA a year earlier than they otherwise would. What's in it for them?

It's not like he's Jose Fernandez who would bring an extra 15,000 fans through the gates every time he pitched. Bryant will create a small boost to attendance at first, then fade into the "wait til next year" chant like the rest of the Cubs' team.

I agree, the Cubs have no reason to bring him up. They never have issues with attendance. Wrigley is always packed with families of four with Cubs bumper stickers on the back of their minivan and drunk college geeks in the bleachers. Going to a Cubs game is just a step below taking a vacation to Disney Land, heck they even have a half naked mascot bear now named Clarke! brilliant.....

I'm proud to say I'm a Chicago White Sox fan. Enjoy your drought and the curse of the goat and whatever else you want to blame your pathetic ball club on.

The White Sox have won exactly one championship in nearly 100 years. Note: That's just as horrible/pathetic as the Cubs.

Seeing that the Cubs farm system is rich with prospects like Kris Bryant, even the most astute Sox fans realize: The Cubs have a significantly brighter future than the Sox. Can't wait to see Bryant up with the big league club!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I'd take Abreu, Sale, and Rodon over Bryant, Baez, and Rizzo every day of the week. Micah Johnson should be just as good, if not better, than Alcantara. I'd also rather have Eaton than Almora. I'd take Soler over Avi Garcia, but not by much. Castro and Ramirez are pretty much a wash. The cores of these 2 teams are very close in terms of talent, so I don't think you can definitely say that one team's future is significantly brighter than the other's.

I trust Epstein and Hoyer though. Once the prospects come up, chances are they are going to start really spending money in free agency, something the White Sox aren't known for.

Jose Abreu must play for peanuts. Bottom line is the Sox got Abreu and the Cubs were outbid on Tanaka, which looks really bad now.

The Cubs haven't spent money on any free agents going on three years now. Ricketts is like a miser. When the Cubs actually pony up for someone worthwhile, come back and gloat. But if they don't pony up, don't be surprised.

Jose Abreu must play for peanuts. Bottom line is the Sox got Abreu and the Cubs missed out on Tanaka. Good move, front office?

You're going to discredit everything Epstein and Hoyer have done based off of Tanaka? Seriously? Check out Epstein's track record of success. I trust they will make some good moves in the coming years. You don't have to have faith, but I will.

I don't disagree with that. I was just saying that as it stands now, the cores of the teams are very similar talent wise, and therefore its silly to say that one team certainly has a brighter future than the other. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Sox ended up having more success over the next 5 years than the Cubs. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Cubs do better. Its just too close to call right now.

Jose Abreu must play for peanuts. Bottom line is the Sox got Abreu and the Cubs missed out on Tanaka. Good move, front office?

You're going to discredit everything Epstein and Hoyer have done based off of Tanaka? Seriously? Check out Epstein's track record of success. I trust they will make some good moves in the coming years. You don't have to have faith, but I will.

Epstein and Hoyer have built up the farm system, but in the process they've run the actual team into the ground the last three years. And, yeah, missing out on Tanaka was kind of a big deal considering he's an absolute stud - and young.

Epstein and Hoyer have built up the farm system, but in the process they've run the actual team into the ground the last three years. And, yeah, missing out on Tanaka was kind of a big deal considering he's an absolute stud - and young.

Cubs got outbid, nothing they can do there. That is not indicative of their front office. Hard to outbid a team like the Yankees when they have the deepest pockets in all of baseball. They outbid 29 other teams don't you know?

Posted · Hidden by dzemens, June 24, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by dzemens, June 24, 2014 - No reason given

TdEtZQF.jpg

Note: I haven't commented on this portion of the thread. Kris Bryant is in the discussion here. However, Some of what is being said is such a colossal crock of BS - humorous, however.

At the end of the day, the White Sox have nothing at all to do with Kris Bryant so shame on whoever brought the White Sox into this discussion in the first place. This thread got completely derailed.

Cubs got outbid, nothing they can do there. That is not indicative of their front office. Hard to outbid a team like the Yankees when they have the deepest pockets in all of baseball. They outbid 29 other teams don't you know?

They were outbid and they were outclassed by a far superior organization. The Yankees wanted Tanaka, and they got their man. If your contention is the Cubs didn't have the money to hang with the Yanks after all they've done is sit on their money for three years, then you are deluding yourself. They gave Soler $30 million. They spent $100 million on a new Spring Training ballpark.

Trust me. They had the money to get Tanaka. They simply didn't want him as much as the Yankees did.

They were outbid and they were outclassed by a far superior organization. The Yankees wanted Tanaka, and they got their man. If your contention is the Cubs didn't have the money to hang with the Yanks after all they've done is sit on their money for three years, then you are deluding yourself. They gave Soler $30 million. They spent $100 million on a new Spring Training ballpark.

Trust me. They had the money to get Tanaka. They simply didn't want him as much as the Yankees did.

Well Tanaka and the Yankees have nothing to do with Kris Bryant so I'm going to get back on topic and focus on Bryant since this thread has gone way off topic since some clown brought the White Sox into a Kris Bryant thread. If you want to bash on the Cubs, feel free to make an anti-Cubs thread on your own time.

Back to the topic at hand. During the Cubs broadcast last night they showed highlights of Bryant's 4 AAA Homers. Pressure keeps mounting and it is only June. Bryant has to keep it up but after 2 months of AAA homers the Cubs will give him a taste in September. At that point they won't be able to use the AAA excuse. The minor league season is done amd he is either going to be sitting on his couch or improving with the big league club.

Bryant needs to keep the pressure on.

TdEtZQF.jpg

Said the guy posting in a thread about a Cubs Minor leaguer at midnight. Remember baseball is a midwest sport. I assume by your fake sense of superiority you must be east coast trash.

Lots of cubs envy in the thread. I guess that is going to happen with all the talent they are brewing up.

Back to the topic at hand. During the Cubs broadcast last night they showed highlights of Bryant's 4 AAA Homers. Pressure keeps mounting and it is only June. Bryant has to keep it up but after 2 months of AAA homers the Cubs will give him a taste in September. At that point they won't be able to use the AAA excuse. The minor league season is done amd he is either going to be sitting on his couch or improving with the big league club.

Bryant needs to keep the pressure on.

Exactly I imagine Baez and Bryant will be called up both in September. Bryant seems to be slump proof as well. The cubs line up is looking very good for next year. They have set themselves up very nice and only really need to sign 1-2 stud SP's to be a contender. Word is Mad Max will be the number 1 target.

Hilarious seeing all these Cubs homers PM me about this. "But but but PROSPECTS!!! EPSTEIN!!! RIZZO IS BETTER THAN ABREU!! KRIS BRYANT RAWRRRR!" Seems that they've forgotten that pitching still wins championships and after the Shark is traded, Cubs have 0 reliable pitchers.

Hilarious seeing all these Cubs homers PM me about this. "But but but PROSPECTS!!! EPSTEIN!!! RIZZO IS BETTER THAN ABREU!! KRIS BRYANT RAWRRRR!" Seems that they've forgotten that pitching still wins championships and after the Shark is traded, Cubs have 0 reliable pitchers.

Lots of jealousy out there, I get it though. I remember when Theo took over the Cubs and had nothing in the bank. Cubs will get a stud SP "if" they trade shark. They also have Arrieta, Wood and Hammel. Plus the cubs have a ton of money in the bank to spend on the top SP free agent next year. But anyways keep on hating! I would too if I wasnt a cubs fan.

ANYWAYS lets keep this thread about the number 1 prospect in baseball.. Kris Bryant

Lots of jealousy out there, I get it though. I remember when Theo took over the Cubs and had nothing in the bank. Cubs will get a stud SP "if" they trade shark. They also have Arrieta, Wood and Hammel. Plus the cubs have a ton of money in the bank to spend on the top SP free agent next year. But anyways keep on hating! I would too if I wasnt a cubs fan.

ANYWAYS lets keep this thread about the number 1 prospect in baseball.. Kris Bryant

Dude you just told me that you'd much rather be in the Cubs boat than the Tigers...You have 0 credibility now

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 26, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 26, 2014 - No reason given

and now this?!!? "Have fun thinking your small market team to contend with the big boys like the Cubs."

The thing you don't seem to grasp is this:

Elite/power hitters ALWAYS will garner power/elite pitching. Every single time. There are many examples that I can cite. In fact, Parks wrote a specific article on this very topic when the Cubs took Schwarber.

Drafting pitching is a crapshoot - that's why they want Bryant and Schwarber over pitching. This might come as a shock to you but Epstein and Hoyer are a tad more educated about this then you. In fact, there's a rumor with the Blue Jays where they are giving up their top two pitching prospects for Shark

Rizzo isn't better than Abreu and certainly not based upon how Abreu has started this season. He isn't as far away as you seem to believe. Right now Rizzo is an elite/gold glove caliber first baseman on pace for 35 homers, 100, .915+ OPS and playing a gold glove caliber first base in a horrible lineup.

The Cubs do have a plethora of pitchers in their system who project to be major league pitchers. When they do trade Shark and Hammel not only will they be stock full of power hitters, they're going to have plenty of projectable/soon to be ready pitchers.

Tseng

Johnson (#2-3)

Edwards (#2-3)

Corey Black

Ivan Pinyero

Jokisch

Hendricks

Rivero and Vizcanio project to be elite/very good relievers/closers on the ML level

Arieta and Wood on the ML level

That's not even discussing prospects on the lower levels of their system who are doing very well: Skulina, Blackburn.

The notion that the Cubs don't have pitching is completely incorrect. They have plenty pitching, and will have 2-3 more elite/soon-to-be-ready pitching prospects in the near future. With multiple of their elite hitting prospects soon to be on the major league level coupled with some of these waves of prospects it's ludicrous to say that the Cubs aren't a mile better than the Sox.

Circling back to Bryant - boy he's fun to watch. Again today. BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

Archived