Rotoworld.com Forums

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Zombies

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth the stash? Anyone think he won't get the call up?

I personally do not think he is, unless you truly have a lot of bench spots and can stash. I rather just pick up hot hitters/pitchers and see what sticks to be honest, because he's probably not coming up and even if he does he's far from a reliable big league hitter.

I personally do not think he is, unless you truly have a lot of bench spots and can stash. I rather just pick up hot hitters/pitchers and see what sticks to be honest, because he's probably not coming up and even if he does he's far from a reliable big league hitter.

We are talking about the golden spikes winner and top prospect in the game who has tore up the ball at every level, he is as closest thing in the MILB to being a big league hitter. He has yet to hit a slump in his entire career, to imply is his far from reliable is absurd.

We are talking about the golden spikes winner and top prospect in the game who has tore up the ball at every level, he is as closest thing in the MILB to being a big league hitter. He has yet to hit a slump in his entire career, to imply is his far from reliable is absurd.

What Brock was saying is that (I assume, Brock?): 1) He probably isn't coming up this year so it's a wasted roster spot certainly in redrafts 2) IF he is brought up later in the year, the assumption is that if you're playing in the playoffs you SHOULD have better options than a rookie getting his first cup of coffee in the Majors.

Hilarious seeing all these Cubs homers PM me about this. "But but but PROSPECTS!!! EPSTEIN!!! RIZZO IS BETTER THAN ABREU!! KRIS BRYANT RAWRRRR!" Seems that they've forgotten that pitching still wins championships and after the Shark is traded, Cubs have 0 reliable pitchers.

I'm actually a big fan of pierce Johnson and c.j. Edwards will be a reliable pitcher.

Sorry to continue the off-topicness but I had to respond. The WSox actually have worse sp in AA/AAA

What Brock was saying is that (I assume, Brock?): 1) He probably isn't coming up this year so it's a wasted roster spot certainly in redrafts 2) IF he is brought up later in the year, the assumption is that if you're playing in the playoffs you SHOULD have better options than a rookie getting his first cup of coffee in the Majors.

This + putting that much faith in someone for that short a time frame is worrisome. Bryant could easily have a minor 2 week (at least) slump to start his career, and probably will at some point early on (like most do). If you're holding him for September, there's a pretty good chance he'll be garbage for a good portion of it. I'd feel the same way about counting on ANY prospect for just September. I mean look at Trout.

Double header. Check the other game. 1-2 with 2 walks and 1 k.

For the night.

2-6 with 2 walks and 3ks.

Yup - thank you! The strikeouts continue to be the one issue with Bryant.

Harry Caray character is all over the Bryant thread. Ha

B&B are looking to set K records as a duo for dem Cubbies in a year or so.

Double header. Check the other game. 1-2 with 2 walks and 1 k.

For the night.

2-6 with 2 walks and 3ks.

Yup - thank you! The strikeouts continue to be the one issue with Bryant.

Harry Caray character is all over the Bryant thread. Ha

B&B are looking to set K records as a duo for dem Cubbies in a year or so.

God Bless Harry Caray.

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, June 28, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, June 28, 2014 - No reason given

Should I stash him in 10 team 4 keeper league? I am from Chicago and bigs Cubs fan so would love to have him on my team for many years haha

Should I stash him in 10 team 4 keeper league? I am from Chicago and bigs Cubs fan so would love to have him on my team for many years haha

In a 4 keeper league, I'd say no. Unless your team is awful and you don't have any legit keepers.

Even in a keep-forever league, I have a hard time imagining him among the top-40 players overall. It's not an absurd notion, and if you have the roster spot to burn it could be worth doing. But realistically, if you drop him in the offseason, you should be able to get him back with a mid-round pick next year.

Even in a keep-forever league, I have a hard time imagining him among the top-40 players overall. It's not an absurd notion, and if you have the roster spot to burn it could be worth doing. But realistically, if you drop him in the offseason, you should be able to get him back with a mid-round pick next year.

If you're in ANY keep-forever league that allows minor leaguers, Bryant should be on someone's roster in every single league that has that sort of format. Elite power hitting bats are very hard to find coupled with his position, it's a no brainer.

If you're in ANY keep-forever league that allows minor leaguers, Bryant should be on someone's roster in every single league that has that sort of format. Elite power hitting bats are very hard to find coupled with his position, it's a no brainer.

You think he's a top 40 keeper right now?

You think he's a top 40 keeper right now?

I misunderstood what you were saying. No - he's not a top 40 now. My bad - misread what was posted.

I play in a much deeper keeper league, where you can keep minor leaguers.

Archived