Rotoworld.com Forums

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Zombies

It's crazy to think about the Cubs future roster. Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, Castro, Schwarber, Alcantara

That's alot of home runs, and ALOT of K's

Rizzo is a changed man. He's walking at an elite level, striking out much less. But yea I get what you're saying. How many think the odds of Bryant getting called up this season are greater than %50?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's crazy to think about the Cubs future roster. Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, Castro, Schwarber, Alcantara

Rizzo is a changed man. He's walking at an elite level, striking out much less. But yea I get what you're saying. How many think the odds of Bryant getting called up this season are greater than %50?

Still striking out around 28-30%. I would imagine that has to dip for a consistent period of time before a call up.

dont forget about Jorge Soler

What's funny is soler might be the first one up

He's already on the 40 man roster, and tied into a 9 year contract. It's probably almost assured he may be the first one up.

He's already on the 40 man roster, and tied into a 9 year contract. It's probably almost assured he may be the first one up.

http://www.chicagonow.com/world-series-dreaming/2014/06/soler-should-be-first-of-the-core-4-to-the-majors/

I think he is going to be kris bryant. He doesn't really fit any if those molds. He will hit for better average than either glaus or Dunn because he isn't a max effort guy. He won't hit mammoth home runs like Stanton because he isn't built like Hercules.

I think he will settle in for .280 and 35 home runs. Once he reaches his peak.

... so a slightly better version of Troy Glaus.

That would not be a slightly better version of Glaus; he was a career .254 hitter.

Bryant has MVP upside. He has hit tool and some of the best power in the game. This guy in his prime could be hitting .325 with 50 HRs. We are in for a treat. Trout and Harper are supposed generational talents, well I think Bryant will rival them annually for the #1 fantasy pick for years to come.

If Soler comes up before Bryant and/or Alcantara, someone should be fired. What exactly has he done to merit a call-up? Get hurt a lot?

I agree with you 100%, the talent is there though and after reading the article IlliniGuy posted, it's obvious its about business and money on him being called up before the B&B Bros.

Soler doesn't have to worry about extra years of control or super 2 which is why he could possibly be on the roster opening day 2015. He's also performed very well during his brief uninjured periods.

Soler doesn't have to worry about extra years of control or super 2 which is why he could possibly be on the roster opening day 2015. He's also performed very well during his brief uninjured periods.

So you think putting him on the roster before Bryant/Alcantara is justifiable based solely on financial considerations. Great to see that the Cubs culture has changed so much!

So you think putting him on the roster before Bryant/Alcantara is justifiable based solely on financial considerations. Great to see that the Cubs culture has changed so much!

Absolutely. I'd rather have Baez/Bryant for an extra year when the Cubs are competitive in the future rather then trying to win 72 games instead of 70 this year. Alcantara on the other hand is very likely to get promoted after the AAA ASG. By the way, we get you don't agree with the Cubs promotions ideas. You've only posted about 15 times in the last week ranting about it.

There will be a lot of oressure on the cubs to promote bryant in September if he continues to produce as he has. If he hits 50 home runs and bats .350 in his minor league season I just can't see them sitting in their hands come September when rosters expand. They could call him up to give him a taste this year and then just wait til July next year to bring him back up. I don't think that would cost the cubs any money and would do one of two things for Bryant's development.

1. Would show him that he still has some areas to improve upon before he is ready for full time mlb play.

2. Would show everyone that he is ready now, and the cubs could sign him to a longoria/Tulowitzki type deal.

He's already on the 40 man. If he hadn't gotten injured and tried to attack people with a bat he'd have been up awhile ago. And for a team as crappy as the Cubs, and if Bryant is this generational talent, the Cubs had better be money motivated it won't be long before a $100 million dollar contract is on it's way.

Cubs should sign bryant to a Longo contract. Makes sense for both sides.

Maybe not for Bryant, Longoria is considered to be very underpaid now..Bryant might bet on himself and shoot for a whole lot more money.. Who knows.

Maybe not for Bryant, Longoria is considered to be very underpaid now..Bryant might bet on himself and shoot for a whole lot more money.. Who knows.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that makes much sense for Bryant. The pressure is on the Cubs, not him. And the Cubs have a helluva lot more money than the Rays. Plus, Boras represents Bryant. Fat chance of that happening.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that makes much sense for Bryant. The pressure is on the Cubs, not him. And the Cubs have a helluva lot more money than the Rays. Plus, Boras represents Bryant. Fat chance of that happening.

Sure it would. Singleton signed for $10 MM guaranteed and some were upset. But you know what? He's set for life. His kids, if he ever has them, are set for life. He could get hit by a bus, suffer a heart attack, break his arm repeatedly like Tony Saunders, and still be set for life. Similar to Starling Marte and his $31 MM.

Really, who on these boards would turn down $50 MM over seven years just on the "hope" that you could make $120 MM. When you are staring $50 MM in the face, and your family has never sniffed even one tenth that money in their life, you should do it.

What does Russell's signing indicate? Baez to 3B?

Nothing. They're still prospects. They're not in the majors yet. Just let it work itself out.

What does Russell's signing indicate? Baez to 3B?

Complete speculation, but I think one of Baez/Russell/Castro are being used in a blockbuster between now and opening day 2015. I mean the Cubs could offer Miami Russell+Soler+Almora+Tseng and still be stacked on the farm.

You obviously didn't read the article on why Soler might be up before the other players. It has everything to do with the fact that they have a chance of losing him, in the near future, without actually having a chance to see what he can do on the ML level. Nothing - again - to do with financial concerns. Just like not bringing up Bryant, Alcantara etc. right now (after Super 2 is long gone) has to do with financial concerns.

You obviously also STILL don't grasp it has nothing to do with financial considerations. But keep pounding that one home - maybe one day you'll actually make another person or two believe it.

Archived