Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Seriously though, Bryant is one of the most MLB ready bats in the minors. He deserves a call-up soon, and to be given a real challenge. 2+ months of MLB experience might accelerate his development by a whole season, since he has the offseason to watch film, focus on his weaknesses...ect. It also give his opponents the offseason to see his weaknessess, and gives him a whole season to learn to adjust.

I doubt you'd find many people that would disagree with this sentiment from strictly a baseball sense, but the Cubs have made it crystal clear that they want to be terrible at least through next season. They want to max out the arbitration clock on their top end prospects to maximize their window of opportunity. It's obnoxious for someone that loves the game, but it's the ugly side of tanking.

They wont be tanking next year, they actually might be pretty good between the arrival of Alcantara,Baez,Bryant and the 30 or so million in payroll they're' going to have to add in order to get back up to this year's level. Remember the Cubs were 25-23 over their last 48 games before the Samardzija trade.

Cubs are not a small market Team. They should care about years of control. But the saving $$$ part from super-2....., All organizations care about $$$, but its not AS big of deal as it would be. Like the Pirates or Rays.

Heck the Astros called Springer up before super 2. Because they only cared about the years of control for him. Springer kinda pushed it though with being basically a minor player of year in 2013. Bryant may be also be pushing that with his performance this year, and early next year.

Also the cubs have been kind of cheap the last couple of years. within a year or two they are really gonna step up their payroll with the contracts they will inevitable have to give to their young players and free agents they will sign to fill out their rotation. To the average fan that doesn't pay attention to what they have been harvesting in their minor league system, things are gonna become more interesting in the next couple of years with all the high end prospects they have...

#2 on BA midseason list in case anyone was curious.

I'm curious to see that list & I know Parks released it this morning - I know it's paid information. He's been teasing it for a bit. I'd assume Buxton is still number 1.

No closer to the bigs. Added another strikeout, and before this game he had five straight (!) games with 2 K's.

He has 14 K's in his last 34 AB.

in 2009, at age 23, Chris Davis had a 12.9 BB% and 20.1 K%. He struck out at a 35%+ clip in the majors that year.

Kris has a 9.9 BB% and 31.9 K% at age 22.

I do think he will always have some K issues, and I am not comparing him to Davis entirely because I do think he has a better hit tool. He has a .348 AVG over 626 PA in the minors. But, Chris Davis also had a .317 AVG in 2007 PA in the minors from 2006-2010. He is a career .258 hitter in the majors.

If he can cut the K's to under 25% in AAA this year, he could be next year's George Springer, though I think we won't see him until June. .250/.340/.500 next year unless he cuts the Ks big time.

No closer to the bigs.

I know that, and I'm under no delusion that he'll be up soon. Like you said, June it seems to be.

It's just fun to watch him hit.

finally one of these so called experts gets it right. There is a big drop off between 1 and 2 here.

http://insider.espn....w_Top50July2014

There is not "a big drop off between 1 and 2." But then again, not surprising that its coming from the same dude that claims Bryant's power is a tier above Gallo's, LOL. Bryant and Buxton are basically interchangeable at this point. Bryant is closer to the Majors and has more power, while Buxton has an advantage in defense and speed. Hit tools are close, but I give Buxton a slight edge there. Buxton also plays a more valuable position.

I don't do paid content either. ESPN has released like half a dozen "future rankings" stories over the past 24 hours, rediculous

BrzBIikCIAAfN_T.jpg

Not even funny and completely off topic. Your infatuation with the cubs is disturbing.

Me? How often do I talk about the Cubs? I like their future. They obviously suck right now, not sure if that's even disputable.

BrzBIikCIAAfN_T.jpg

Not even funny and completely off topic. Your infatuation with the cubs is disturbing.

Me? How often do I talk about the Cubs? I like their future. They obviously suck right now, not sure if that's even disputable.

At least they aren't as bad as the Rangers! Or Rockies, or Diamondbacks, or Astros.

Another Hr. Now leads milb in hr.

Absolute stud, but needs to work on his K's. He's striking out more than Baez at this point. In fact, since his promotion he has struck out in 35% of his at bats. That is horrendous. He needs to stay in the minors until he can work that down into the mid 20's.

Absolute stud, but needs to work on his K's. He's striking out more than Baez at this point. In fact, since his promotion he has struck out in 35% of his at bats. That is horrendous. He needs to stay in the minors until he can work that down into the mid 20's.

Everything you just said has been mentioned ad nauseum here. Everyone knows it's his main problem. Lets just be happy he isn't K'ing as much as Gallo right now lol.

We really oughta consider merging all the Cubs hitting prospect threads after last night...

worldseriesdreaming.gif

We really oughta consider merging all the Cubs hitting prospect threads after last night...

Why is that? What happend last night

worldseriesdreaming.gif

worldseriesdreaming.gif

Big night for their system. Homers from Bryant, Baez, Soler, Russell, Villanueva, & Vogelbach. Multi-hit games from Schwarber, Zagunis, Eloy Jimenez and lesser prospects that most folks probably don't know like Valaika, Remillard, Marra, Volser.

worldseriesdreaming.gif

Big night for their system. Homers from Bryant, Baez, Soler, Russell, Villanueva, & Vogelbach. Multi-hit games from Schwarber, Zagunis, Eloy Jimenez and lesser prospects that most folks probably don't know like Valaika, Remillard, Marra, Volser.

mmm... I'll debate listing Chris Valaika with the rest of those names, but ye, really great day for the Cubs Farm.