Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, August 9, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, August 9, 2014 - No reason given

I need him up this year. I have #1 waiver....He will go number in our rookie draft next year.

Pray for a September call-up. When Iowa's season is over, I can't imagine they wouldn't want him getting a cup of coffee to have an idea of what he's in for come Spring.

2-3 another walk and k. 2 runs scored. K/bb rate really starting to improve.

http://www.csnchicag...nt-getting-here

Insiders say Bryant won’t be called up until sometime after Opening Day 2015. The Cubs won’t want to start the free-agency clock for a Scott Boras client.

Yeah, that's what most of us figured. Soler could still come up in September, though.

http://www.csnchicag...nt-getting-here

Insiders say Bryant won’t be called up until sometime after Opening Day 2015. The Cubs won’t want to start the free-agency clock for a Scott Boras client.

Yeah, that's what most of us figured. Soler could still come up in September, though.

I'd be surprised if Soler isn't up in September at this point.

1-2 / 2 RBI / 1 run / 1 hr / 2 Bb / 1 k

Train keeps a Rollin.

It's a shame he has to be stuck in the minors for another few months worth of games but I guess that's what happens when 1. The MLB has dumb financial rules for prospects and 2. Scott Boras.

Epstein just reiterated that he is NOT coming up this year. Unless its just white smoke..............

Bummer.

Epstein just reiterated that he is NOT coming up this year. Unless its just white smoke..............

you mean a smoke screen?

you mean a smoke screen?

No, the smoke is racist.

So when is he up for good? Will he be up for 2015? Or after the allstar game in 2015?

Best case scenario: wins the LF or 3B job out of spring training.

Worst case scenario: gets hurts or unexpectedly starts stinking, and doesn't make it up in 2015.

Most realistic scenario: he continues to rake, but they play games and don't call him up until May as to delay free agency or June to avoid super two.

I'd estimate a Springer-esque time line, not making the team out of Spring but not being too far behind. He's raking too hard and has too many ABs to be on Baez's timeline.

It's important to remember that Baez is both younger and had not played in AAA at the start of the 2013 season. Baez is 21, Bryant will be 23 with about 250 ABs in AAA going into the 2014 season.

I think if he continues to rake they'll have a hard time justifying Super Two.

Yeah, I think Cubs will only care about getting the years of control in this case. So Mid-April sounds about right.

Though it's arguable that it's the most important thing, it's clearly not the only important thing. Afterall, they did bring up Baez earlier than a complete "cup of coffee." It would've been completely rational if they brought him up two weeks before the end of the season and then he didn't make the team out of spring to further delay his clock. I think they do, to some degree, care about strictlly the developmental portion of the player.

Though it's arguable that it's the most important thing, it's clearly not the only important thing. Afterall, they did bring up Baez earlier than a complete "cup of coffee." It would've been completely rational if they brought him up two weeks before the end of the season and then he didn't make the team out of spring to further delay his clock. I think they do, to some degree, care about strictlly the developmental portion of the player.

to some degree.....strictkly

Now that is a John Madden combination of words right there. 90% of the time, it works everytime.

Seriously, does Bryant really need a lot of MLB experience? The guy has already played two levels his first full year (and they are the upper levels other majors.)

I think bringing him up in April next year makes sense for them. Now if they wait till summer next year, then that is def. a waste. But Bryant is already a year ahead than Springer was in his development before hitting AAA.

The guy doesn't need any more minor league development. It is all about negotiations with Scott boras now.

you mean a smoke screen?

No. They may make Bryant the Pope.

I have no idea what to believe regarding the Cubs philosophy on their prospects so let's keep it simple:

If you have room for Bryant, stash him. He may come up this year, and he may produce. If you can blow a roster spot on that gamble, then by all means do. It could pay off, or it may not. What is the sound of one hand clapping?

I have no idea what to believe regarding the Cubs philosophy on their prospects so let's keep it simple:

If you have room for Bryant, stash him. He may come up this year, and he may produce. If you can blow a roster spot on that gamble, then by all means do. It could pay off, or it may not. What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Give it a rest man. He's not coming up. The only way he's stash-worthy is in keeper leagues.

Ye, I have to admit, I disagree too. They never said "Baez won't be up." Regardless of what you believe about the Cubs FO, I don't think they've ever lied about what they're going to. You can argue that they lie about why but not about what. They never said they'd hold Baez back or that Baez wouldn't be up this year, at most they said that he wouldn't be a corresponding move to the absence of Emilio Bonofacio or Darwin Barney from the roster.

Soler, if you have room, could be a stash, but Bryant isn't in a redraft league. It's just not happening.