Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

I posted this elsewhere, but by my math they could

Sign Lester 20 mil

Sign Scherzer 25 mil

Sign Iwakuma 18 mil

have Arrieta and Wood/Turner/Jackson fill out the rotation

and a lineup of

Coghlan LF

Castro SS

Rizzo 1B

Bryant 3B

Baez 2B

Soler RF

Alcantara CF

Castillo C

and a payroll still under 100 mil, which they could push to 120 mil for bullpen help. Or trade Castro for example to the Padres for Benoit/Vincent/Kelly type deal and have Addison ready for SS

I think you forgot Hendricks. He's having a very strong season.

ahh forgot him, they could probably get someone to take Jackson, if Castro or a minor leaguer was involved.

Sign Lester 20 mil

Sign Scherzer 25 mil

Sign Iwakuma 18 mil

and a lineup of

Coghlan LF

Castro SS

Rizzo 1B

Bryant 3B

Baez 2B

Soler RF

Alcantara CF

Castillo C

and a payroll still under 100 mil, which they could push to 120 mil for bullpen help. Or trade Castro for example to the Padres for Benoit/Vincent/Kelly type deal and have Addison ready for SS

you know those pitchers arent signing one year deals, right?

Sign Lester 20 mil

Sign Scherzer 25 mil

Sign Iwakuma 18 mil

and a lineup of

Coghlan LF

Castro SS

Rizzo 1B

Bryant 3B

Baez 2B

Soler RF

Alcantara CF

Castillo C

did I need to put a /yr for you to get what I was saying?

give em all 5 yrs

Sign Lester 20 mil

Sign Scherzer 25 mil

Sign Iwakuma 18 mil

and a lineup of

Coghlan LF

Castro SS

Rizzo 1B

Bryant 3B

Baez 2B

Soler RF

Alcantara CF

Castillo C

give em all 5 yrs

We probably shouldn't talk about this here (since it's a Kris Bryant thread), but I don't think Scherzer turned down 144M to take 125M.

Sign Lester 20 mil

Sign Scherzer 25 mil

Sign Iwakuma 18 mil

and a lineup of

Coghlan LF

Castro SS

Rizzo 1B

Bryant 3B

Baez 2B

Soler RF

Alcantara CF

Castillo C

give em all 5 yrs

I feel like the Cubs arent just going to blow their wad with 3 100+ million dollar deals in one offseason, but it would be awesome. They should at least get 2 guys if they want to contend next year...something tells me they are going to be cautious, maybe get 1 guy on and then if they are having a great season make a trade, otherwise really try for 2016.

Look for them to make a huge splash of money. Lester I think is practically already a Cub.

Cubs can push a lot of merchandise with this team soon. I think Bryant would be up in September if he were on the 40-man roster. He is not, and along with other factors (Boras, first full season) is just enough to keep him down till next year.

But I would not be shocked to see Bryant open the season as the starting 3B next season. I also would not be shocked to see Baez moved to the outfield if they shift Castro to short for Russell as SS at some point.

Sign Lester 20 mil

Sign Scherzer 25 mil

Sign Iwakuma 18 mil

and a lineup of

Coghlan LF

Castro SS

Rizzo 1B

Bryant 3B

Baez 2B

Soler RF

Alcantara CF

Castillo C

give em all 5 yrs

Ye! Just do it! Because baseball is that black and white.

i think this question might have already been asked, but let's assume he gets a late call up or at least is on the team by opening day 2015. where do we think he will be ranked?

furthermore, if we feel he will be a call up a few weeks after opening day such as springer, should we expect a 1-2 round hit on his value?

i think this question might have already been asked, but let's assume he gets a late call up or at least is on the team by opening day 2015. where do we think he will be ranked?

furthermore, if we feel he will be a call up a few weeks after opening day such as springer, should we expect a 1-2 round hit on his value?

He won't be a late call-up and he wonw't be a high draft pick. I doubt he's drafted in the top 200 in most drafts.

^ with the spring hype that Bryant is sure to receive I sincerely doubt he falls past 120 in redrafts

Look at where Taveras, Springer, and Xander went. Players without major league experience don't get drafted high. In certain leagues, if you have the kinda owners who completely throw away ADP and go with gutsy high risk plays, there will be leagues where he's drafted high, but I'm pretty confident his ADP will not be lesser than 200.

I mean George Springer was coming off a 37 HR, 40 SB season and his ADP was 274, and I think his fantasy potential and hype would've been even greater than Bryant's, at least initially, considering that speed is such a translatable and valuable asset in fantasy.

Do you really think that Bryant will go 154 spots HIGHER than George?

If he makes the team out of Spring he'd be higher than 274 but I don't think he gets THAT high for no MLB experience.

Look at where Taveras, Springer, and Xander went. Players without major league experience don't get drafted high. In certain leagues, if you have the kinda owners who completely throw away ADP and go with gutsy high risk plays, there will be leagues where he's drafted high, but I'm pretty confident his ADP will not be lesser than 200.

I mean George Springer was coming off a 37 HR, 40 SB season and his ADP was 274, and I think his fantasy potential and hype would've been even greater than Bryant's, at least initially, considering that speed is such a translatable and valuable asset in fantasy.

If he makes the team out of Spring he'd be higher than 274 but I don't think he gets THAT high for no MLB experience.

You have to consider the position. Next year, 3rd base will be something like 1. Donaldson, 2. Beltre (will be 36), 3. Longoria. You're telling me people won't consider drafting Bryant at this point? The potential for .270/30/80?

Taveras and Springer are OF, which is deep. Xander didn't show much in his brief MLB stint in 2013 which dropped his ADP.

You have to consider the position. Next year, 3rd base will be something like 1. Donaldson, 2. Beltre (will be 36), 3. Longoria. You're telling me people won't consider drafting Bryant at this point? The potential for .270/30/80?

Taveras and Springer are OF, which is deep. Xander didn't show much in his brief MLB stint in 2013 which dropped his ADP.

agree, and I wont even touch Longoria myself, hes so overrated, I actually go Frazier (SB's) Beltre, Donaldson, then maybe Rendon, Seager, Harrison (for his flexibility) but then Bryant I will easily take around 6th/7th 3B off the board. I would draft his upside before Longoria personally, but good thing is Longo will be long gone

He would be the highest drafted (by ADP) rookie by close to 100 pick as far as I can tell, and he has a 26% minor league k rate. We've seen the Harpers of the world cone up time and time again and they are never that highly drafted.

He would be the highest drafted (by ADP) rookie by close to 100 pick as far as I can tell, and he has a 26% minor league k rate. We've seen the Harpers of the world cone up time and time again and they are never that highly drafted.

It kind of changed after the Harper/Trout year. People tried to draft Profar high and that failed. Had Kris Bryant come up the year after those 2, I'd imagine he would have been a really high pick.

It kind of changed after the Harper/Trout year. People tried to draft Profar high and that failed. Had Kris Bryant come up the year after those 2, I'd imagine he would have been a really high pick.

Profar didn't have a high ADP though.

I know Bryant has better positional eligibility, but I also don't think he's as much of a five category player as the others.

Bryant will have a lot more hype than Springer did for a number of reasons. People figured the Astros might wait awhile before calling him up. The Cubs lineup will be more formidable than the Astros' lineup with Baez and Soler (soon) in the mix. Bryant at 3B is quite a bit more valuable than Springer in the OF. And despite Springer's numbers in the minors, he was never considered the prospect that Bryant is. Springer didn't crack the top 20 prospects in a lot of lists. Bryant might be the best prospect in the game.

Bryant could very easily make the team out of Spring Training. He's worth taking a gamble on. People will reach for him, and I'll be one of those people. By contrast, I was able to draft Springer with ease in all of my leagues (19th round, 19th round, 21st round, 17th round). Bryant will be long gone by the time you get to the 17th round.

I think Springer would be a top 5 fantasy prospect in almost every list though.

Idk, maybe im wrong, but as good as he is I just dont think people are going to draft him that high on average

Just a random example, but in 2008 in a 12 team Roto league with a bunch of friends who aren't/weren't really fantasy baseball people, Evan Longoria was still taken 157th overall. This was the lowest he was drafted in any of my 5 leagues that year, after giving a quick look through old draft results.

It's hard for me to remember exactly back then, but it sure seems like today people are paying a lot more attention to AA/AAA guys, and more willing to risk a higher pick on those that are projected to be up in June and appear to be MLB ready. It feels like people are so afraid of letting someone else have the "next Trout", that it's better to stash that guy and run a mediocre replacement out there for 30-50 games. And remember how much Braun, Pence, Posey, Cutch, Stanton, Puig, etc. helped teams despite not starting the year with the MLB club...

I'm only guessing, but I'd be shocked if Bryant isn't drafted considerably higher than what Longoria was in 2008. I have no way of looking up his actual average ADP across all Yahoo leagues in 2008, but going on leagues I was in, about 150. I wouldn't be shocked to see 125ish. But yea, it's just a guess. And that's of course if he isn't starting at 3B with the Cubs on opening day.

First of all as a Cubs fan in Chicago this thread excites me.

Anyway, if he comes up around June or starts the year in Wrigley I think he could be next year's Abreu in terms of ADP/value ratio.

WOW! But what do you expect from the #1 prospect in the game with the most power! Cant wait for him to get the call!