Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

So people are saying he's going to be another Longo or better.. really? Im not all that familiar with him but I haven't seen him at the top of too many prospect lists.. what's his likely mob arrival time.. super 2?

So people are saying he's going to be another Longo or better.. really? Im not all that familiar with him but I haven't seen him at the top of too many prospect lists.. what's his likely mob arrival time.. super 2?

He's been top 10 in most lists I've seen. I think the consensus is he has 30-35 (some say 40) homer power, good hit tool. He could be very good, but yeah, to throw out he'll be better than Longo is a bit premature. The thing that concerns me with him is he doesn't have the best bat speed, but at least has a short swing. He should be very good.

BP has him #17

BA has him #8

Keith Law has him #15

He has easy 30+ HR power, but the projection on his hit tool varies. Some think he'll be able to hit for average, others think he'll be more of a .260 or so hitter. He may very well end up moving to RF as well, depending where Baez ends up

BP has him #17

BA has him #8

Keith Law has him #15

He has easy 30+ HR power, but the projection on his hit tool varies. Some think he'll be able to hit for average, others think he'll be more of a .260 or so hitter. He may very well end up moving to RF as well, depending where Baez ends up

MLB.com #9

Ye, his power is with little question, just if he can hit for average. His bomb to dead center was pretty exciting.

BP has him #17

BA has him #8

Keith Law has him #15

Yeah, I saw BA and MLB, and some other random ones. I'm a tad surprised he's that low off Law and BP, but meh. Not that surprised.

BP has him #17

BA has him #8

Keith Law has him #15

Yeah, I saw BA and MLB, and some other random ones. I'm a tad surprised he's that low off Law and BP, but meh. Not that surprised.

He hasn't played a full season in the majors and has #17 and #15 as his lows.

BP has him #17

BA has him #8

Keith Law has him #15

I dont think not having a full season means much by way if prospect rankings, especially for college guys. But like I said, I'm not really seeing that as something worth arguing.

A tad off topic, but watching the phillies-yanks preseason game and as a cubs fan maybe you can answer: why isn't Sandberg managing the Cubs?

Well when I say at the top of prospect lists im talking about top 5 I guess.. definitely going to keep an eye on him now tho. I saw his HR yesterday... power looked free and easy.

BP has him #17

BA has him #8

Keith Law has him #15

I dont think not having a full season means much by way if prospect rankings, especially for college guys. But like I said, I'm not really seeing that as something worth arguing.

A tad off topic, but watching the phillies-yanks preseason game and as a cubs fan maybe you can answer: why isn't Sandberg managing the Cubs?

It's not an argument I just disagree. The more impressive someone looks in major league at-bats would seem to obviously allow them to move up prospect rankings, at least that makes sense to me.

Sandberg got tired of waiting for a position. They wanted him as a manager in waiting but they kept hiring others. Probably should've just hired him over Mike Quade but he might've been out the door by now.

A lot of people.

I know, I just couldn't believe someone said it a page earlier. It's shocking.

So, he's currently 2-8 with 2HR and 6K so far this spring.

I know it's early, but that's....just a bit funny no?

Posted · Hidden by The Harsh, March 8, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by The Harsh, March 8, 2014 - No reason given

If you are backed against the wall and have the bad luck of having to choose either Bryant or Baez in a keeper league which one is it?

If you are backed against the wall and have the bad luck of having to choose either Bryant or Baez in a keeper league which one is it?

Baez for the speed, eligibility, and being closer to MLB.

Baez for the speed, eligibility, and being closer to MLB.

I would also go Baez. I think he has a higher ceiling, and the question of Bryant moving off third might make him less valuable. I think Baez sticks somewhere in the infield which makes him incredibly valuable.

Def. like Baez more since he might end up at 2B or 3B. Bryant has a good chance of being put into the OF.

Really I think a comparison would be would you rather have Bryant or Polanco in a long-term keeper league.

That's no bueno. Hopefully he learns how to fall out of love with his power.

That's no bueno. Hopefully he learns how to fall out of love with his power.

I'm going to retract that assumption. I've never seen the kid play and am only basing that off of a tiny bit of data. (Still 135 PA with a 11 BB:34 K is not the most promising). Maybe not a true reflection of his approach.

Worst case scenario he's Pedro Alvarez

Alvarez is a one trick pony - big time power. More power than Bryant.

Bryant should be able to hit .270-.280 in the big leagues with 30/100 offensive potential.

What is his eta? Mid to late 2015?

NNo no no. He's already 22. September 2014 or very early 2015 seem most likely if he's able to continue hitting eel.