Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

You think he will have a better avg than glaus?

I don't think he will ever be a huge average guy. Glaus is one guy who I would be willing to bet played in the roid era without juicing. His body never really changed. He had the same frame as Bryant with the same light tower power. Its hard to tell what route Bryant's average will go as he has immense upside, but I think putting him in the Glaus category at this point is not unfair. If he became a player similiar to Glaus that would be huge in fantasy leagues post roid era.

If I'm not mistaken Glaus showed up in the Mitchell Report and disappeared.

In any case Bryant is gonna be a good face of the team. Also, don't sleep on Baez cause his walk rates haven't been good. They are improving. The talent is apparent.

i think Paul Goldschmidt might be a good comparison with him.

Kris Bryant might never hit .300 on the major league level - he isn't comparable to Paul Goldschmidt in that regard.

I don't think he will ever be a huge average guy. Glaus is one guy who I would be willing to bet played in the roid era without juicing. His body never really changed. He had the same frame as Bryant with the same light tower power. Its hard to tell what route Bryant's average will go as he has immense upside, but I think putting him in the Glaus category at this point is not unfair. If he became a player similiar to Glaus that would be huge in fantasy leagues post roid era.

In any case Bryant is gonna be a good face of the team. Also, don't sleep on Baez cause his walk rates haven't been good. They are improving. The talent is apparent.

Kris Bryant might never hit .300 on the major league level - he isn't comparable to Paul Goldschmidt in that regard.

Not sure what you mean by that? Goldschmidt is one of the better comps out there statistically.

I honestly have little doubt Bryant won't end up being a better hitter than Goldschmidt. Bryant so far in his career has shown more promise than Goldy did in his first year professionally.

Not sure what you mean by that? Goldschmidt is one of the better comps out there statistically.

I honestly have little doubt Bryant won't end up being a better hitter than Goldschmidt. Bryant so far in his career has shown more promise than Goldy did in his first year professionally.

That's putting the cart before the horse. Goldschmidt is an established stud. Bryant hasn't proven anything yet.

That's putting the cart before the horse. Goldschmidt is an established stud. Bryant hasn't proven anything yet.

I'm going to agree with both points here: I think people forget Goldy had a pretty high k% all through the minors and his first couple of mlb seasons, and was never a super highly rated prospect. The thought was the k% would always depress the avg. Bryant is a much more highly regarded prospect with some similar stat profiles to Goldy, so I think it's a good comp there. The one thing though is that Goldy has maxed out his ability and it's application to big league hitting and is now an MVP candidate. It's incredibly hard to get to that point, so it's tough to say Bryant will become a better hitter.

IGoldy has maxed out his ability and it's application to big league hitting and is now an MVP candidate. It's incredibly hard to get to that point, so it's tough to say Bryant will become a better hitter.

That is entirely true and even with that I still think Bryant should be the better major league hitter. Bryant will start doing it in his career much sooner I feel. This is not a shot against Goldy either, he's one of my favorite players in all of baseball. Bryant's game just looks that good to me.

Sure but that's the point of fantasy especially keeper league fantasy. Projecting.

I was saying the same things about Goldschmidt in keeper leagues 3 - 4 years ago, and the above response was what I was told then.

Yeah, I have to believe at least one of these cubs prospects will really boom. I'll take Beaz or Bryant over the field. Baez vs. Bryant? Hard to say. If Bryant winds up being a corner OF, his value would be less from a real baseball point of view (defensive value).

Either way, Cubs fans should have a couple shiny new toys soon, we will see what they make of them.

I have heard/read multiple scouts compare Bryant to one player: Troy Glaus. I think the Cubs would be ecstatic with someone Glaus-like. A .260-.270 hitter with 30+ power and 100+ RBI potential.

Sounds like Jay Bruce if he ends up in the OF. Who knows what position he will play though. Glaus was only a .254 hitter though so hopefully he can top that.

I have heard/read multiple scouts compare Bryant to one player: Troy Glaus. I think the Cubs would be ecstatic with someone Glaus-like. A .260-.270 hitter with 30+ power and 100+ RBI potential.

Sounds like Jay Bruce if he ends up in the OF. Who knows what position he will play though. Glaus was only a .254 hitter though so hopefully he can top that.

The fact of the matter is that his power potential is (unlikely) but higher then guys like Bruce. A lot of scouts are getting higher and higher on Bryant.

Has struck out in almost 1/3 of his ABs thus far though, which is cause for concern.

Add a double to tonight's HR. He's starting to walk more this year as well.

The fact of the matter is that his power potential is (unlikely) but higher then guys like Bruce. A lot of scouts are getting higher and higher on Bryant.

Has struck out in almost 1/3 of his ABs thus far though, which is cause for concern.

i think he is starting to make adjustments. The strikeout will slowly come down.

Is there anyway possible Bryant gets the call before September?

No

I mean what does "before september" mean. I could see an outside shot of him getting up at the end of August, but we're still talking about the very end of the season. Certainly no chance that he's up around middle of the year.

His stats are cartoonish:

18 HRs, 24 2Bs, 54 RBIs in 276 PAs.

His stats are cartoonish:

18 HRs, 24 2Bs, 54 RBIs in 276 PAs.

are those like complete minor league stats or something. Obviously not from this year.

Dont have the numbers on hand but his volume of 2B is quite impressive as well.

First year in AA - .263 AVG 3 HR 5 RBI 10BB 14 K's in 38 AB

Don't forget about the 3sb so far. Doubt he is a speedster but I think he is athletic enough to swipe 10-15 bags a full season.

Bryant is getting pitched around in the minors. It's the kind of treatment you almost never see because minor league coaches want you to face hard match ups. The man has a nearly 20% BB rate at this point.

Don't forget about the 3sb so far. Doubt he is a speedster but I think he is athletic enough to swipe 10-15 bags a full season.

Absolutely! Should have added them

If he can cut down on the strikeouts, I think a Paul Goldschmidt comp isn't too far fetched.

It's amazing to me the proportion of his hits that go for extra bases. He might end up being a guy who has more extra base hits than singles.