Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies

Kris Bryant - 3B CHC

He has been quite impressive in his short stint as a professional player. I think we will def. see him in September, and possibly sooner if he keeps this crazy performance up.

He has been quite impressive in his short stint as a professional player. I think we will def. see him in September, and possibly sooner if he keeps this crazy performance up. stops striking out in 25+% of his ABs.

FTFY

He has been quite impressive in his short stint as a professional player. I think we will def. see him in September, and possibly sooner if he keeps this crazy performance up. stops striking out in 25+% of his ABs.

FTFY

Oh lowering that strikeout rate would be nice. But its unrealistic. He is already getting pitched around if you watch AA games. He is walking at a very high rate.

What he is showing is that he needs a harder challenge. The strikeouts are him extending the strike-zone to try and get a hit. AAA or MLB should be in store for him in the summer.

People think that high strikeouts can be fixed by leaving somebody at a level. If it was purely him taking bad hacks then yes. But a part of this is simply not seeing strikes, and him wanting to make something out of nothing.

K% is one factor, but is less important when taking into account environmental factors.

FTFY

Oh lowering that strikeout rate would be nice. But its unrealistic. He is already getting pitched around if you watch AA games. He is walking at a very high rate.

What he is showing is that he needs a harder challenge. The strikeouts are him extending the strike-zone to try and get a hit. AAA or MLB should be in store for him in the summer.

People think that high strikeouts can be fixed by leaving somebody at a level. If it was purely him taking bad hacks then yes. But a part of this is simply not seeing strikes, and him wanting to make something out of nothing.

K% is one factor, but is less important when taking into account environmental factors.

I admittedly have never watched any of his AA games. I've seen swings, etc. on YouTube and elsewhere, but haven't watched actual games. But I was basically conveying a concern that raised in BP's ten-pack today, which says he has a hole in his swing.

Kris Bryant, 3B, Cubs (Double-A Tennessee)

Bryant entered the 2014 season as the 17th-best prospect in the game and the no. 2 prospect in the Cubs system, his lofty status fueled by elite raw power and a projected hit tool that some feel could dovetail with the pop at about a grade-and-a-half discount (still above average). The primary barrier to Bryant reaching his elite offensive upside, and the aspect of his game being watched most closely, is a lengthy swing that could see the swing-and-miss in his game creep higher as he begins to tackle more advanced arms. Through 60 Double-A plate appearances in 2014, these concerns have not abated, as Bryant continues to strike out about once every four trips. The whiffs haven’t limited the playable pop yet (slugging .617) and he continues to take professional at-bats showing an advanced feel for the strike zone (walking in around 16 percent of his plate appearances and making lots of hard contact), but the competition is only getting better and Bryant’s ability to start making adjustments will be key to his future offensive development. If he can close the holes in his plate coverage, we could see a huge jump in production in short order, as well as a late-2014 cup of coffee in Wrigley.

Man, can you imagine in a few years when him a Baez are both up? That's like having two Mike Stantons - in your INFIELD.

I know, we could be witnessing the glory of the next Billy Butler/Mike Moustakas combo right here in Chicago!

Man, can you imagine in a few years when him a Baez are both up? That's like having two Mike Stantons - in your INFIELD.

I know, we could be witnessing the glory of the next Billy Butler/Mike Moustakas combo right here in Chicago!

How dare you make that comp! Nobody comes close to that dynamic duo ?

If only the Cubs were so lucky! Oh wait...

Bryant, Almora, Soler in the OF...Bryant, Baez, Castro, Rizzo in the infield

In reality expect half these prospects to become above average players. Cubs are lucky because they can hopefully get 2 home-runs out of all these elite prospects (the others being league average.)

Just ask Olt.

Bryant is so awesome he can play OF and infield at the same time...

Maybe he's got him playing 3rd and LF at the same time? He might just be that good.

Maybe he's got him playing 3rd and LF at the same time? He might just be that good.

And here I thought he was all bat.

In reality expect half these prospects to become above average players. Cubs are lucky because they can hopefully get 2 home-runs out of all these elite prospects (the others being league average.)

Just ask Olt.

Olt was never as highly touted as Bryant. But prospects do fall thorugh sometimes.

I like how all Cubs prospects are pretty much can't miss on this forum. I guess losing for over 100 years will do that to a fanbase though.

I like how all Cubs prospects are pretty much can't miss on this forum. I guess losing for over 100 years will do that to a fanbase though.

Not really. Hard to argue that they have the best or near best farm system. People were drooling over KC a few years ago too and to some extent the Pirates too.

Got another XBH and another BB today. Here's some stats through 20.

.304/.435/.565

4 HR, 6 2B, 4 SB (0 CS), 10 RBI, 15 R

28.04% K% (27.5% considered awful per fangraphs)

15.85% BB% (15% considered excellent per fangraphs)

Whats with the 4 SB's? I know its the minors but does he profile to have any sort of wheels? Never saw any of that in his scouting reports.

Whats with the 4 SB's? I know its the minors but does he profile to have any sort of wheels? Never saw any of that in his scouting reports.

He stole 18 bases 1 year in college, had 34 steals altogether in his 3 years at San Diego. Also had 3 in the AFL.

Bryant's production, to this point, reminds me a lot of Adam Dunn. Look at Dunn's minor league numbers and he was around .300 average with lots of power, K's, and BB's. He even stole bases back then, as Bryant has been doing. Very similar production, so far.

Bryant's production, to this point, reminds me a lot of Adam Dunn. Look at Dunn's minor league numbers and he was around .300 average with lots of power, K's, and BB's. He even stole bases back then, as Bryant has been doing. Very similar production, so far.

Which of course would be quite great... the new Dunn is of course terrible but until age 30 he was a 40 HR, .255 lock with 100 R/RBI and even a few steals.